RB depth

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HawaiiFiveO
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: RB depth

Post by HawaiiFiveO » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:14 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
HawaiiFiveO wrote:Heard from a reliable source that Vander is to be transferring...
That would surprise me a little bit as he has been a pretty big cheerleader on Twitter during the recruiting process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember this is the guy trying to start rumors with the "party fight". I would no longer take Hawaii's info seriously
SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE....

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:22 pm

I’m definitely surprised, you were right on the money. Jackson is giving you good inside info.

HawaiiFiveO
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HawaiiFiveO » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:29 pm

[quote="wbtfg"]I’m definitely surprised, you were right on the money. Jackson is giving you good inside info.

Sent from my iPhone
Jackson? You must be referencing the kid that was cut due to smoking weed...Nope... Didn't know him..

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:47 pm

[quote="CelticCat"]I will bet you $100 Vander is on the two deep, if healthy.

He had the exact same YPC as Troy, 5.7.

Well I got to the bottom of the Vander story. Eddy was lazy and wanted to blame people for BS if things didn't go his way. We got lucky with him moving on. We don't want kids like that on the team. No more county club football around here.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:27 am

HawaiiFiveO wrote:
catgrad05 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
HawaiiFiveO wrote:Heard from a reliable source that Vander is to be transferring...
That would surprise me a little bit as he has been a pretty big cheerleader on Twitter during the recruiting process.

Remember this is the guy trying to start rumors with the "party fight". I would no longer take Hawaii's info seriously
SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE....
A dead clock is right twice a day :D

This space for rent....

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 am

I predict that McGhee will be the next running backs coach.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

The Big Meowski wrote:I predict that McGhee will be the next running backs coach.
You don't know NOTHING

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

The Big Meowski wrote:I predict that McGhee will be the next running backs coach.
I think that was already announced so good call :lol:

This is the position group that has me the most nervous for next season - I believe we will see Sherod White and Ifanse play this season .... Jones, Natee, Burgess, Maybe Troy Anderson once in a while ... not a whole lot of depth and plenty of options for freshman

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:51 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
You don't know NOTHING
Just showing off my deep, deep insider knowledge. I don't mean to brag, but I have it in my Facebook settings that I see Universal Athletic's local sports news first. No big deal.
Last edited by The Big Meowski on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 am

Bozcat003 wrote:

This is the position group that has me the most nervous for next season - I believe we will see Sherod White and Ifanse play this season .... Jones, Natee, Burgess, Maybe Troy Anderson once in a while ... not a whole lot of depth and plenty of options for freshman
Burgess and Karl Tucker have flipped positions so Tyrel is officially a WR and Karl a RB. Before people get puzzled on the move, go back and watch Karl's high school highlights out of the wildcat. Getting Tyrel in space is key so I like the move. Don't sleep on Anthony Pegues either. He had to get realigned in the Choate way of doing things but he's definitely back on track to being a contributor. I'm perfectly confident in a Jones/Natee starting lineup with Pegues/Tucker and a host of freshman fighting for depth. Sprinkle in some Troy Andersen options and you have yourself a pretty good running back group.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:56 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

Burgess and Karl Tucker have flipped positions so Tyrel is officially a WR and Karl a RB. Before people get puzzled on the move, go back and watch Karl's high school highlights out of the wildcat. Getting Tyrel in space is key so I like the move. Don't sleep on Anthony Pegues either. He had to get realigned in the Choate way of doing things but he's definitely back on track to being a contributor. I'm perfectly confident in a Jones/Natee starting lineup with Pegues/Tucker and a host of freshman fighting for depth. Sprinkle in some Troy Andersen options and you have yourself a pretty good running back group.
and maybe a chance of Zion Echols joining the group this summer as well?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:00 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
Just showing a few others how to make a bold prediction. Throw in a Kenny Powers "crotch chop".

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 am

mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

I know you want this Zion Echols thing to happen....but there is not much difference between Isiah Ifanse/Sherod White and Zion Echols in terms of how they are going to be used in MSU's offense. All three are home-run hitters.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

I know you want this Zion Echols thing to happen....but there is not much difference between Isiah Ifanse/Sherod White and Zion Echols in terms of how they are going to be used in MSU's offense. All three are home-run hitters.
Agree. Barring injury, I really think the RB situation is really going to be a case the challenge of getting the talented players enough touches rather than not enough talented RBs. Especially with our O line which I think is going to be very good.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Post by 083190 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Is there any info on official 40 times for the RBs currently on the roster?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:54 pm

083190 wrote:Is there any info on official 40 times for the RBs currently on the roster?

Yes, they can run...and they are fast! :coffee: 8)

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:15 am

But are they scary fast?

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:34 am

91catAlum wrote:But are they scary fast?
They’ve been in the gym at 4am each morning training, so yeah, scary fast is indeed possible.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:03 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
They’ve been in the gym at 4am each morning training, so yeah, scary fast is indeed possible.

With those work ethics we should throw them off the team and get guys that will be in the gym at 2:30 or 3:00..... :D :D

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

St George

Post by St George » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:48 pm

RickRund wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

With those work ethics we should throw them off the team and get guys that will be in the gym at 2:30 or 3:00..... :D :D
You don't want the ones getting to the gym at 2:30 or 3:00 they are the ones just getting back from the Bar.