RB depth

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

RB depth

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:21 am

So, looking over the roster and this new class coming in:

Seniors:
-Noah James
-Logan Jones

Juniors:
-Edward Vander

Soph:
-Troy Andersen (safe bet that he will be moving to LB permanently)
-Tyrell Burgess (true sophomore)
-Anthony Pegues
-RJ Fitzgerald (listed as a FB, true sophomore)
-Tyler Natee

Freshman:
-Justin Cauley
-Lane Sumner
-Sherod White
-Isaiah Ifanse

Couple observations:
-possible redshirts this year: guessing Sherod, lane, Cauley... maybe Burgess?
-I would not be surprised if Sherod white eventually moves to Safety, but who knows.
-will Pegues stick around.....
-Troy... have to assume he is moving to LB full time at this point...
-I bet Ifanse see's playing time as a true freshman

Gonna be a good competition this spring, and will be interesting to see how the depth chart shakes out next fall.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: RB depth

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:23 am

mslacatfan wrote:So, looking over the roster and this new class coming in:

Seniors:
-Noah James
-Logan Jones

Juniors:
-Edward Vander

Soph:
-Troy Andersen (safe bet that he will be moving to LB permanently)
-Tyrell Burgess (true sophomore)
-Anthony Pegues
-RJ Fitzgerald (listed as a FB, true sophomore)
-Tyler Natee

Freshman:
-Justin Cauley
-Lane Sumner
-Sherod White
-Isaiah Ifanse

Couple observations:
-possible redshirts this year: guessing Sherod, lane, Cauley... maybe Burgess?
-I would not be surprised if Sherod white eventually moves to Safety, but who knows.
-will Pegues stick around.....
-Troy... have to assume he is moving to LB full time at this point...
-I bet Ifanse see's playing time as a true freshman

Gonna be a good competition this spring, and will be interesting to see how the depth chart shakes out next fall.
Blake Allred is going to start off at FB as well.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:26 am

I'm exceedingly curious how this will all shake out. Seems we could redshirt all 4 rb recruits that came in this class and be in good shape. I really think Natee and Vander will be a great 1-2 punch with Jones and James backing them up. Burgess showed some flashes last year but is his job up for grabs? Pegues seems like the odd man out.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:33 pm

I've said it before, I'm not sure Vander will make the 2 deep.
And Echols is a memory.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Whats crazy, is that out of everyone on that list, I would still take Troy Andersen as the starting RB....... but I think there is enough talent/depth now, that the coaches feel comfortable moving him to LB... gonna be fun to see how it all plays out.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

95bcfb
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 95bcfb » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:06 pm

I know that this is about RBs but if Andersen is moved to LB who will start at LB. Will Konkle move back to safety? Will Hadley start? I still think that there will be a committee of RB but who do you think will be our "starter". I can't think of a year that there has been this many question marks at nearly every position. We have a 2 year starter at QB and no one is sure he will start. We have a 3 year starter at DE and we are not sure he will start. Pretty crazy the level of competition that Choate is bringing in. I like it.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Well no one knows for sure. Not even the coaches, but my guess is Andersen and Hill start. Konkel goes to safety. Chapman or Hadley starts at a lb spot. Probably Hadley. What’s Chapman’s shoulder? situation looking like?

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Montanabob wrote:I've said it before, I'm not sure Vander will make the 2 deep.
And Echols is a memory.
Wow that actually blows my mind. I thought, when healthy, Vander was our most impressive RB last year, right up there with Anderson. Good burst, breaks arm tackles and very good pad level and vision. He is also an excellent receiver out of the backfield. I just hope he shakes the injury bug.

I said it in the other signing day thread, but Ifanse is a next level talent and would be in Pac-12 if he was a little bigger. White is no slouch either but I see him more of a gadget back/3rd down type then someone toting the ball between the tackles.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:36 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Montanabob wrote:I've said it before, I'm not sure Vander will make the 2 deep.
And Echols is a memory.
Wow that actually blows my mind. I thought, when healthy, Vander was our most impressive RB last year, right up there with Anderson. Good burst, breaks arm tackles and very good pad level and vision. He is also an excellent receiver out of the backfield. I just hope he shakes the injury bug.

I said it in the other signing day thread, but Ifanse is a next level talent and would be in Pac-12 if he was a little bigger. White is no slouch either but I see him more of a gadget back/3rd down type then someone toting the ball between the tackles.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
When or if healthy. 270 yards last season. Won't make the 2 deep.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

RB depth

Post by CelticCat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:47 pm

I will bet you $100 Vander is on the two deep, if healthy.

He had the exact same YPC as Troy, 5.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm with others on the Vander train. I thought he was an impressive back last year, and that was without a lot of time to come in and acclimate to the team. He fought the injury bug a little too. I think with a full off-season in the weight room and more accommodated to the Bobcat program, he is going to be a really good back for us next year and may indeed be the starter going into the season opener.

GO CATS GO!!!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:40 pm

I am excited about the running back depth. I am really intrigued by Tyler Natee. He could be a real beast. Also, we have added a whole new dimension in speed with Sherrod White and Ifanse. We now seem to have a RB to fit every situation.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:38 pm

bobcatbob wrote:I am excited about the running back depth. I am really intrigued by Tyler Natee. He could be a real beast. Also, we have added a whole new dimension in speed with Sherrod White and Ifanse. We now seem to have a RB to fit every situation.
Yeah let the opposing D chase our QB/RB's around to soften them up and then give them a full dose of Natee in the second half! I see a lot of long gains, first downs and scores followed by :-$ to the opposing D. \:D/ :lol:

HawaiiFiveO
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HawaiiFiveO » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Heard from a reliable source that Vander is to be transferring...

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:19 pm

HawaiiFiveO wrote:Heard from a reliable source that Vander is to be transferring...
I've been wondering about this. Haven't wanted to say anything in case I "jinxed it". We seem to have brought in a LOT of RB talent and I was worried about someone transferring out.

I just want the best players on the field, don't really care in the long run who they are.

If true I hope he gets the playing time he wants/needs and gets a degree.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Odd, it seems that Vander would have a good shot at starting. He's a bit bigger and more of a Lasane type back. If anyone would transfer out you would think it would be Burgess or Pegues. Hopefully not true.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:48 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:I am excited about the running back depth. I am really intrigued by Tyler Natee. He could be a real beast. Also, we have added a whole new dimension in speed with Sherrod White and Ifanse. We now seem to have a RB to fit every situation.
Yeah let the opposing D chase our QB/RB's around to soften them up and then give them a full dose of Natee in the second half! I see a lot of long gains, first downs and scores followed by :-$ to the opposing D. \:D/ :lol:
This team could be like UND 2 years ago. Gash em with speed like Santiago (Ifanse, White, Burgess, Jones, Anderson?) then run through em like Olivera (Natee, James, Vander, Anderson?). Plus I think our D will be better than there's was.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:50 pm

HawaiiFiveO wrote:Heard from a reliable source that Vander is to be transferring...
That would surprise me a little bit as he has been a pretty big cheerleader on Twitter during the recruiting process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:58 pm

wbtfg wrote:
That would surprise me a little bit as he has been a pretty big cheerleader on Twitter during the recruiting process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember this is the guy trying to start rumors with the "party fight". I would no longer take Hawaii's info seriously

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:04 pm

It also wouldn't surprise me if Vander transfers. Really, nothing should surprise anyone anymore. Attrition happens every year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."