Duru, Echols, Infanse, Williams ...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Duru, Echols, Infanse, Williams ...

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:57 pm

...others? I gotta think that at least a couple of those will sign. If so, this class has more name recognition and star power than any class I’ve ever seen.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Duru, Echols, Infanse, Williams ...

Post by AFCAT » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:04 pm

TomCat88 wrote:...others? I gotta think that at least a couple of those will sign. If so, this class has more name recognition and star power than any class I’ve ever seen.

If the Cats got all four of those players combined with the people who have already committed, then I would have to totally agree with you. I'm just amazed at the talent Choate has managed to get so far.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Oh, I still see Jacque Alleyne wearing a Cat jersey on his twitter page. Is he still a possible addition, late signee maybe?

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 pm

AFCAT wrote:Oh, I still see Jacque Alleyne wearing a Cat jersey on his twitter page. Is he still a possible addition, late signee maybe?
He’s in school at MSU. I assume he needs to get some coursework in and then can sign.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 pm

I don’t expect we are signing Aaron Howard but, for a 3* cb, his twitter is pretty quiet since the early signing period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:50 pm

wbtfg wrote:I don’t expect we are signing Aaron Howard but, for a 3* cb, his twitter is pretty quiet since the early signing period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does not look like he has any offers. Also, Onte Burns never signed anywhere. He did post this however:
https://twitter.com/Onteburns/status/955212081401417728

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:07 pm

AFCAT wrote:

If the Cats got all four of those players combined with the people who have already committed, then I would have to totally agree with you. I'm just amazed at the talent Choate has managed to get so far.
I'd say that this class is as impressive as I've seen in a long time, as is. If any of these last few guys come here, let alone multiple guys, it'd just be icing on the cake. Very exciting to see what these guys can come in and do.

Choate and company have brought in some serious talent the last three years, at least on paper. It's time to start seeing some results, which I think we will.

I'm ready for spring ball!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:12 pm

AFCAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:...others? I gotta think that at least a couple of those will sign. If so, this class has more name recognition and star power than any class I’ve ever seen.

I've got a coworker who's hardcore griz (we all know the type). He's acknowledged we have some damn good recruits coming in to the extent he thinks there's something fishy going on; e.g. we're breaking all kinds of rules to get top notch recruits. With all UM has going for it (he seriously said that) he can't imagine why anyone would choose MSU over Missoula.

I told him my opinion is there's nothing gimmicky with the offense / defense and the improvement is pretty obvious when you spend a few minutes digging into the numbers and stats.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Cledus wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I've got a coworker who's hardcore griz (we all know the type). He's acknowledged we have some damn good recruits coming in to the extent he thinks there's something fishy going on; e.g. we're breaking all kinds of rules to get top notch recruits. With all UM has going for it (he seriously said that) he can't imagine why anyone would choose MSU over Missoula.

I told him my opinion is there's nothing gimmicky with the offense / defense and the improvement is pretty obvious when you spend a few minutes digging into the numbers and stats.

I guess he isn't paying attention to the fact that dUMb is imploding as a University. Sure, nice stadium and athletic facilities though.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 pm

I feel good about Williams - thinking he will be officially a bobcat in 24 hours

Ifanse - I think its between MSU and Sac State. I'd say 60% chance we land him assuming we still want him with Sherod White apparently back on board

Echols - No clue, and dont think we will find anything out tomorrow unfortuantly. Hope I'm wrong

Duru - Feel that we will get him, but not sure how hard we are after him. Seems with Metcalf committed, Duru may not have become as big of need.

Either way very excited for tomorrow!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm waiting for the next MSU Bobcat superstar walk-on! Those are the boys I like. Ala... Chad Newell, Caleb Scheibeis etc. etc. etc.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:I feel good about Williams - thinking he will be officially a bobcat in 24 hours

Ifanse - I think its between MSU and Sac State. I'd say 60% chance we land him assuming we still want him with Sherod White apparently back on board

Echols - No clue, and dont think we will find anything out tomorrow unfortuantly. Hope I'm wrong

Duru - Feel that we will get him, but not sure how hard we are after him. Seems with Metcalf committed, Duru may not have become as big of need.

Either way very excited for tomorrow!
Duru said he is going to announce at 1:00 PM Pacific his decision. Between MSU, Cal Poly, and Southern Utah. And yes MSU definitely wants him. As a prospect, I view him as a more college ready receiver than Metcalf based off his film.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Team10

Post by Team10 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:20 pm

Three things:
1) Is everyone assuming Pierce DeVaughn has jumped shipped and jump aboard with UConn? There's no mention of him. Or is this for the recruits that have not made anything official to this point?

2) I agree with Vim's assessment about Duru being a more college ready wideout. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no replacement for speed and he has plenty of it. Duru and Williams are the two I most want to see as Bobcats.

3) I was surprised to see that news about Onte Burns. I myself was very excited about him as a recruit. There were some comparisons made between him and Jody Owens when his name first popped up on Bobcat Nation. Great speed and agility, vision and tackling. I thought he decommited, but turns out the scholarship had been pulled. Best of luck to him and finding a roster.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:08 am

Team10 wrote:Three things:
1) Is everyone assuming Pierce DeVaughn has jumped shipped and jump aboard with UConn? There's no mention of him. Or is this for the recruits that have not made anything official to this point?

2) I agree with Vim's assessment about Duru being a more college ready wideout. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no replacement for speed and he has plenty of it. Duru and Williams are the two I most want to see as Bobcats.

3) I was surprised to see that news about Onte Burns. I myself was very excited about him as a recruit. There were some comparisons made between him and Jody Owens when his name first popped up on Bobcat Nation. Great speed and agility, vision and tackling. I thought he decommited, but turns out the scholarship had been pulled. Best of luck to him and finding a roster.
I’m guessing that the Burns offer was pulled because he didn’t sign in December. From what I can recall, he did come on a visit in December but didn’t sign in the initial signing period.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 pm

SoCal wide receiver Duru keeps recruiting secret until very end

https://skylinesportsmt.com/socal-wide- ... -very-end/

St George

Post by St George » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:08 pm

Trump and the Russians conspired to help the Cats.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm

St George wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:08 pm

The truth is that none of these recruits in this series are choosing the Cats over the Griz. They are choosing the Cats over teams from all over the West but not the Griz. The Griz did not recruit any of these kids.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm
St George wrote:

The truth is that none of these recruits in this series are choosing the Cats over the Griz. They are choosing the Cats over teams from all over the West but not the Griz. The Griz did not recruit any of these kids.
Remember when Griz fans would say, “didn’t want him.” These days they say, “couldn’t get him.” (I’m f’n hilarious, I swear!)

toM StUber

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm
St George wrote:

So please explain that comment further. Why didn't UM go after any of them? Did they really think they just didn't have a realistic chance of signing them, so they targeted other players?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 am

My guess is there’s a huge pool of recruits out there, so there’s not a lot of instances where both schools are after the same kid. I also doubt that UM or MSU is gonna go after a player (unless they know that player has serious interest) that the other has already been recruiting and they have little chance of getting.

Choate has really strong ties in the NW and elsewhere. I wouldn’t want to go head-to-head with him. I’m sure Peterson recommends to recruits that MSU is a great option. When you have someone like that doing your bidding it helps.