Michael Pitre Joins Oregon State as Assistant Coach

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Michael Pitre Joins Oregon State as Assistant Coach

Post by bpcats20 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:57 pm

No , but he was helping brake down film and helped Pitre set up trips. That was all that I was applying.

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm

No , but he was helping brake down film and helped Pitre set up trips. That was all that I was applying.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:01 pm

bpcats20 wrote:No , but he was helping brake down film and helped Pitre set up trips. That was all that I was applying.
Seven minutes later you post the same thing. Are you a time traveler. or am I.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

HawaiiFiveO
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HawaiiFiveO » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:47 am

Petite stuck around only because he couldn't get another offer... He was looking and telling the players of his unhappiness. ..Glad he's gone... Hope new RB coach will have balls bigger than his wife..and recruiting will get better..

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:16 am

HawaiiFiveO wrote:Petite stuck around only because he couldn't get another offer... He was looking and telling the players of his unhappiness. ..Glad he's gone... Hope new RB coach will have balls bigger than his wife..and recruiting will get better..
Need to work on your spelling before your rip someone. Kinda sad you can't be happy for a coach who is moving up. FCS is a stepping stone, position coach's at this level are just building their resume's.

95bcfb
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 95bcfb » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 am

HawaiiFiveO wrote:Petite stuck around only because he couldn't get another offer... He was looking and telling the players of his unhappiness. ..Glad he's gone... Hope new RB coach will have balls bigger than his wife..and recruiting will get better..
Man that sounds kind of harsh. I have never met the guy and really don't know if he was a good or bad coach but you sound like you have a personal problem with him. Did he beat you up in a bar or something? You say we will be better without him. Can you give us some examples of players that didn't do well? It seems to me that running backs have been one of our strong suits. I am glad for him. It is hard to make it in Bozeman on an assistants salary and while I wouldn't want to live anywhere else Montana's culture and social opportunities are very different from what many are used to so I don't fault a guy for wanting to move on. He gave us a lot of years and and coached some great running backs so from my perspective I can't see that his "unhappiness" here ever hurt us on the field. I think that we will get another great coach so I am not worried about his leaving but time will tell. I can't think that Choat would have kept him on if he was having such an unhealthy influence on the player with his dissatisfaction as you suggest.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:28 am

95bcfb wrote:
Man that sounds kind of harsh. I have never met the guy and really don't know if he was a good or bad coach but you sound like you have a personal problem with him. Did he beat you up in a bar or something? You say we will be better without him. Can you give us some examples of players that didn't do well? It seems to me that running backs have been one of our strong suits. I am glad for him. It is hard to make it in Bozeman on an assistants salary and while I wouldn't want to live anywhere else Montana's culture and social opportunities are very different from what many are used to so I don't fault a guy for wanting to move on. He gave us a lot of years and and coached some great running backs so from my perspective I can't see that his "unhappiness" here ever hurt us on the field. I think that we will get another great coach so I am not worried about his leaving but time will tell. I can't think that Choat would have kept him on if he was having such an unhealthy influence on the player with his dissatisfaction as you suggest.
Normally 5-0 has good info, however i agree with you 95, Choate would have kicked him to the curb if he was esposing discontent. I'm happy for him, hope he does big things at Oregon State and sends us some players from time to time.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level