Now Is the Time

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Now Is the Time

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:42 am

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Now Is the Time

Post by Rich K » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:00 am

I find it very wise to focus on the idea that Phase One will benefit the whole athletic department, not just the football team. I can only imagine what sorts of inter-departmental disputes have caused poor decisions in the past, and this attempt to present a united front is noticed.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:09 am

If I win tonight’s lottery, the cats will be playing home games in WBTFG stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:35 pm

We have a well thought out master plan in place. It is now up to each of us to make it happen.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:59 pm

imacat wrote:We have a well thought out master plan in place. It is now up to each of us to make it happen.

Another poster stated earlier this year that the mass donations do little to help. It takes large donors ($500K plus) to make it happen. We have plenty of rich people in the area (see Yellowstone Club) but few have ties to MSU and even if they had interest in giving to MSU it would most likely be the school of business. MSU produces great graduates but not in the disciplines that tend to produce multi millionaires. Medicine, Law, MBA's from Wharton, Harvard, etc. It has always been difficult to raise money for MSU athletics. I don't see that changing. The only saving grace is Cruzado! That woman can do almost anything and maybe she can make it happen.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:26 am

gtapp wrote:
imacat wrote:We have a well thought out master plan in place. It is now up to each of us to make it happen.

Another poster stated earlier this year that the mass donations do little to help. It takes large donors ($500K plus) to make it happen. We have plenty of rich people in the area (see Yellowstone Club) but few have ties to MSU and even if they had interest in giving to MSU it would most likely be the school of business. MSU produces great graduates but not in the disciplines that tend to produce multi millionaires. Medicine, Law, MBA's from Wharton, Harvard, etc. It has always been difficult to raise money for MSU athletics. I don't see that changing. The only saving grace is Cruzado! That woman can do almost anything and maybe she can make it happen.
Good analysis Gary. Very true!

2024 Resume dominance