Stick with Murray

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Stick with Murray

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:57 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
AFCAT wrote:Okay, sometimes we all forget that these young men are human beings. Here is a great article about Chris from this past November that was really an eye opener for me.
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... 541cf.html

I was pretty surprised that the Cats were Chris' only true option for playing football out of high school. He obviously wanted to come to MSU, get an education, and do the best he could on the field. I'm sure he wasn't planning on being the starter and face of the program at the ripe old age of 17 years old. I don't know how many of you were quarterbacking college football programs at 17 or 18 years of age, let alone being named an All American and beating the grizzlies two years in a row. I know at that age I wasn't contemplating doing anything that substantial. Anyway, my brother played for the Cats and I saw first hand the difficulties and injuries he endured and the disparaging comments he was subjected to, mostly by guys who could never hope to play at the level he was playing. I think we can keep the personal attacks on these young men to a minimum and just concentrate on other stuff.
You are as delusional as CatGrad. Where have you seen anyone call Murray names or wish ill will on him? Everyone is calling for competition and saying we need better qb play. If you think we don’t need better qb play then you should stop watching football, as you don’t know anything about the game.

When people say he doesn’t know the playbook and has issues with play calling, that’s the truth. Not made up crap. Sorry if that hurts your feelings but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You really are slow! The short bus will be here for you soon! Christ, he's a kid and all you dumb ****** that don't have any clue as to what it takes to play at this level let alone get over 1000 yards rushing need to stay in the "chat" rooms of sidney or fairview....and don't go to North Dakota. Stay in your motel room ass hat.
Haha you know as much about playing football as you do politics and sarcasm. Please don’t ever leave the board so I can continue to have a source of amusement.

Simple things amuse simple people; however, I'm not simple. Like you. Going to go amuse yourself I presume?
I just search your posts and find all the amusement I need. You are our version of the offspring of PlayerRep/AG1 having a kid.

......talk about an abomination.

So lay off the kids. Get after the coaches and I could care less.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
AFCAT wrote:Okay, sometimes we all forget that these young men are human beings. Here is a great article about Chris from this past November that was really an eye opener for me.

I was pretty surprised that the Cats were Chris' only true option for playing football out of high school. He obviously wanted to come to MSU, get an education, and do the best he could on the field. I'm sure he wasn't planning on being the starter and face of the program at the ripe old age of 17 years old. I don't know how many of you were quarterbacking college football programs at 17 or 18 years of age, let alone being named an All American and beating the grizzlies two years in a row. I know at that age I wasn't contemplating doing anything that substantial. Anyway, my brother played for the Cats and I saw first hand the difficulties and injuries he endured and the disparaging comments he was subjected to, mostly by guys who could never hope to play at the level he was playing. I think we can keep the personal attacks on these young men to a minimum and just concentrate on other stuff.
You are as delusional as CatGrad. Where have you seen anyone call Murray names or wish ill will on him? Everyone is calling for competition and saying we need better qb play. If you think we don’t need better qb play then you should stop watching football, as you don’t know anything about the game.

When people say he doesn’t know the playbook and has issues with play calling, that’s the truth. Not made up crap. Sorry if that hurts your feelings but it is what it is.

You really are slow! The short bus will be here for you soon! Christ, he's a kid and all you dumb ****** that don't have any clue as to what it takes to play at this level let alone get over 1000 yards rushing need to stay in the "chat" rooms of sidney or fairview....and don't go to North Dakota. Stay in your motel room ass hat.
Haha you know as much about playing football as you do politics and sarcasm. Please don’t ever leave the board so I can continue to have a source of amusement.

Simple things amuse simple people; however, I'm not simple. Like you. Going to go amuse yourself I presume?
I just search your posts and find all the amusement I need. You are our version of the offspring of PlayerRep/AG1 having a kid.

Coaches don’t play, the players do. I haven’t said a True mean or negative thing about a player ever (from what I remember). If they have a crap game, they had a crap game. Doesn’t mean they aren’t a great person.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:50 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Coaches don’t play, the players do. I haven’t said a True mean or negative thing about a player ever (from what I remember). If they have a crap game, they had a crap game. Doesn’t mean they aren’t a great person.

I haven't seen anyone say anything about Murray as an all-around QB that Choate hasn't said about the position. I don't like at all when people say that Player A sucks or that Player B doesn't deserve a scholarship, but I haven't seen any of that in the discussion about the QBs. I'm actually impressed with the level of discourse on the subject, outside of a few people whining about it even being talked about a week after early signing day.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:28 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Fair enough. I get pissed when I read anyone ragging on a player. I also get pissed when a coach does not put a kid in a position to succeed by utilizing the kid's strengths. Navy won a game today. Scored 49 points and threw the ball once. It was an incompletion. The MSU Bobcats have dropped how many passes in the last two years and the line has had how many motion penalties???? But, because a quarterback is running for his life and can somehow makes a play he's being the scapegoat the last couple of years.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:00 am

PapaG wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

I haven't seen anyone say anything about Murray as an all-around QB that Choate hasn't said about the position. I don't like at all when people say that Player A sucks or that Player B doesn't deserve a scholarship, but I haven't seen any of that in the discussion about the QBs. I'm actually impressed with the level of discourse on the subject, outside of a few people whining about it even being talked about a week after early signing day.
Well then you must have missed this post:

by wbtfg on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:51 pm
Murray’s football IQ is below most high school seniors. If you ask him what the read is on any given play he’d have about a 50% success rate. He relies completely on running and improvisation. I’m not sure he could even identify the X or Z receiver on all of the route combinations.

He really, really struggles with the X’s and O’s.

There are 5 sentences there in that post by wbtfg. You couldn't find a single coach on our staff who would signoff as being in 100% agreement on any one of those sentences let alone on a majority of them. Not even close, and there is no way a post like that can be excused away as the beer talking.
Thankfully coach Choate and his staff are very aware of the need for improvement at the QB position and they have made no secret of it to the players at that position, the team, and the fan base. They're also smart enough to take on the task of working toward improvement without destructive hyperbolic statements but rather with positive actions that will give real results.

I look forward to our QB play next year because I know that whoever is our starter (Murray, Rovig, Jonsen, or even someone else) they will be doing their best and their best will be better than we had this year.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:26 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Murray’s football IQ is below most high school seniors. If you ask him what the read is on any given play he’d have about a 50% success rate. He relies completely on running and improvisation. I’m not sure he could even identify the X or Z receiver on all of the route combinations.

There are 5 sentences there in that post by wbtfg. You couldn't find a single coach on our staff who would signoff as being in 100% agreement on any one of those sentences let alone on a majority of them. Not even close, and there is no way a post like that can be excused away as the beer talking.
Thankfully coach Choate and his staff are very aware of the need for improvement at the QB position and they have made no secret of it to the players at that position, the team, and the fan base. They're also smart enough to take on the task of working toward improvement without destructive hyperbolic statements but rather with positive actions that will give real results.

I look forward to our QB play next year because I know that whoever is our starter (Murray, Rovig, Jonsen, or even someone else) they will be doing their best and their best will be better than we had this year.
Thank you. Yes, we had a quarterback running for his life last year. I know what it was like to throw a football at a receiver and hit him right in the hands. After the third or fourth drop, I took off instead of throwing it. It's scary back there when the DL gets there before you can even rotate the ball to it's threads...and without stronger OL kids next year, whoever is playing QB will be running for their life, especially if they know there's nobody who will fight for and catch the ball. Now, do you want to watch some film about what the DL and backers looked like?

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:50 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Thank you. Yes, we had a quarterback running for his life last year. I know what it was like to throw a football at a receiver and hit him right in the hands. After the third or fourth drop, I took off instead of throwing it. It's scary back there when the DL gets there before you can even rotate the ball to it's threads...and without stronger OL kids next year, whoever is playing QB will be running for their life, especially if they know there's nobody who will fight for and catch the ball. Now, do you want to watch some film about what the DL and backers looked like?
No I'm either going skiing or ice fishing tomorrow depending on the weather.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:06 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

So you're telling me that Matt Ryan, Derek Carr, Russell Wilson, and Blake Bortles should stop throwing to their recievers because they are on teams who are top 10 in the league in drops? :-k Drops were a lot less of an issue this season, so I think you should toss that argument out.

syvie5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by syvie5 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 am

Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Unreal...you remind me of a third grader arguing! Brings nothing to the board and always takes things off topic.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

You're all pissed about people "ragging on players", yet you do the exact same damn thing here. "Nobody who will fight for and catch the ball"......I'm sure the WR corps and coaches would disagree with you. And, "....without stronger OL kids next year", you seem to have an issue with the offensive line. How about you explain one bit of difference what you just did to the wide receivers and OL, versus what was said about Murray?

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:03 pm

The way I see Murray is an elite athlete who played QB in Highschool but didn't get the coaching that a lot of elite QB's get. That's why he ended up at MSU instead of Oregon or Cal or USC. He started his education in the passing game two years ago as opposed to kids like Rovig who has been coached in it for 5 years or so. It just so happens that he is so good at improvising that he has given us the best chance to win with the personnel we have for the last two years. Now with Choate's recruits and the new culture woven into the team, it remains to be seen if his QB education has caught up to Rovig, Jonson, and maybe Bauman. I would guess that he never had to read too many defenses in HS. He didn't really attend one of the top schools in California.

2024 Resume dominance

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Helcat72 wrote:The way I see Murray is an elite athlete who played QB in Highschool but didn't get the coaching that a lot of elite QB's get. That's why he ended up at MSU instead of Oregon or Cal or USC. He started his education in the passing game two years ago as opposed to kids like Rovig who has been coached in it for 5 years or so. It just so happens that he is so good at improvising that he has given us the best chance to win with the personnel we have for the last two years. Now with Choate's recruits and the new culture woven into the team, it remains to be seen if his QB education has caught up to Rovig, Jonson, and maybe Bauman. I would guess that he never had to read too many defenses in HS. He didn't really attend one of the top schools in California.
SPOT ON!

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:53 pm

THE CATS need to have a competent passing game to get to the next Level. My wish is for a great Defense, a good
ball control offense that has the ability to take what defenses give them, and good if not great Special Teams. If
(and I hope not) we we're to remain one dimensional on Offense . I can not help Imagining a Wishbone with Joneson
under Center, Natee at full back, Troy and Chris at Halfback with Brott and Sullivan at Tight Ends. Not many Defenses
would enjoy trying to stop that Combo.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:04 am

Sometimes guys who got thrown into the fire a bit too early do step up their game and hold their starting job. Sometimes, heralded transfers come in and live up to their billing. Sometimes, redshirt freshman beat out the guys they're expected to sit behind. Any one of Murray, Jonsen and Rovig could end up being the best QB this year. December is way too early to say for sure which one ought to start, because we don't know which one will be the best come August.

That said, I'm personally hoping it's Murray, just because he's given more to the program already than the other two guys. It's not like I'm hoping to see him fail. Still, if Jonsen or Rovig outplay him, then he shouldn't start. I want the best QB to play.
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:THE CATS need to have a competent passing game to get to the next Level. My wish is for a great Defense, a good
ball control offense that has the ability to take what defenses give them, and good if not great Special Teams. If
(and I hope not) we we're to remain one dimensional on Offense . I can not help Imagining a Wishbone with Joneson
under Center, Natee at full back, Troy and Chris at Halfback with Brott and Sullivan at Tight Ends. Not many Defenses
would enjoy trying to stop that Combo.
By the time the coaches know for sure if the passing game is good enough to hold its own, it will be waaaaaay too late to install a completely different offense.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

six--man
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by six--man » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:43 pm

In some ways I agree with you. He is a dynamic athlete and leader. I think they were hoping that he would be a complete quarterback this year but he didn't show the confidence he needed in the passing game. If they keep him at qb then the game plan should stay primarily run oriented, which they proved they are capable of. I really think what Murray needs is competition. They could benefit in having someone who can hit the arsenal of receivers we have. But maybe this is the year that he will mature and become a complete quarterback?

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:40 pm

Regardless of the situation at QB come week 12, I want Murray to start against the granola bears. He owns those bitches.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:Regardless of the situation at QB come week 12, I want Murray to start against the granola bears. He owns those bitches.
I cannot like this post any more! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

GO CATS GO!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:26 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:Regardless of the situation at QB come week 12, I want Murray to start against the granola bears. He owns those bitches.

Hear, hear!!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:56 am

wbtfg wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:

Hear, hear!!

Dilly Dilly!