State flag helmet design

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: State flag helmet design

Post by Montanabob » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:56 am

sort of have to agree with some of rebel's rhetoric.
Don't add the flag to the Cat, put the flag on the back next to the US Flag.
Branding, branding, branding...... MSU needs a brand that sells the same across the board.
Tired of looking at 15 different logos on shirts of 76 different colors.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:05 am

Montanabob wrote:sort of have to agree with some of rebel's rhetoric.
Branding, branding, branding...... MSU needs a brand that sells the same across the board.
I'm not sure where you actually want the branding. Just one Logo, no variance in script? No pink shirts for the girls. No camo hats? I don't like a lot of this stuff, but it must sell and the brand is still getting out there.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:23 am

Seems like the Montana State University brand is doing quite well.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:24 am

rebel wrote:
Cataholic wrote: Given his last issues at UM, I should have realized that Bobby Hauck’s username would be rebel. I just figured it would be Beavis.

Beavis is right about UM’s image. When I see someone wearing the Griz logo, I figure they are collecting unemployment.
Sorry, Butthead, I'm not Bobby. :lol:
Doesn't take away from the fact that MSU has no brand. Changes with every new coach, after coach, after coach. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you're just giving "constructive feedback," stating that MSU doesn't have a brand is the best way to divert yourself down the troll highway. This is a fan taking the time to voluntarily do something different for other fans. MSU is not rebranding with any of these ideas at this point. MSU has a brand and one that actually goes beyond athletics.

If you're using coaching changes to say that a school doesn't have a brand, I guess we all can agree that UM obviously has no brand since they have changed coaches more times than MSU recently, right? :roll:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 am

rebel wrote:
Cataholic wrote: Given his last issues at UM, I should have realized that Bobby Hauck’s username would be rebel. I just figured it would be Beavis.

Beavis is right about UM’s image. When I see someone wearing the Griz logo, I figure they are collecting unemployment.
Doesn't take away from the fact that MSU has no brand. Changes with every new coach, after coach, after coach. :roll: :roll: :roll:
He’s trolling. MSU’s brand and name recognition is at an all time high. Substantial investment on campus, growing attendance, solid education, record crowds, etc. There has never been an identity crisis.

As for the Griz brand, do we really need to state the obvious? Krakauer, layoffs, falling enrollment, felony assault, Beavis, Walmart... Granted, I am having a little fun with Beavis above, but his argument regarding the MSU brand is stupid. Doesn’t “mountains and minds” immediately bring thoughts of MSU? What does UM have? Monte? Halloween orange uniforms? It is a comic book of errors at UM.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Cataholic wrote:
rebel wrote:

He’s trolling. MSU’s brand and name recognition is at an all time high. Substantial investment on campus, growing attendance, solid education, record crowds, etc. There has never been an identity crisis.

As for the Griz brand, do we really need to state the obvious? Krakauer, layoffs, falling enrollment, felony assault, Beavis, Walmart... Granted, I am having a little fun with Beavis above, but his argument regarding the MSU brand is stupid. Doesn’t “mountains and minds” immediately bring thoughts of MSU? What does UM have? Monte? Halloween orange uniforms? It is a comic book of errors at UM.
Oh and lots ,and lots ,and lots of Knapweed.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Actually, having a variety is what keeps everything fresh and selling. Just look at the Cat head-American flag hoodies/shirts from last year...those things sold like hotcakes. If you just stuck with one look/color on everything, then your brand will stagnate and not sell.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Seems like the Montana State University brand is doing quite well.
:goodpost:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
rebel wrote:

ya got that right!!

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:32 pm

I'd buy that decal- can we print some?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

six--man
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by six--man » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Now that is a really cool design but I don't think the conservatives would go for it. It certainly kicks the crap out of the white Brawl helmet!
Need to come up with a complete uni with this- probly have to simplify it

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUBOBCAT4LIFE » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:26 pm

I also dont get your statement on branding. Many teams have had many logos throughout their history. Many fans sport old colors and logos as well as new. There are times for the old colors and times for the new. It has nothing to do with identity. People dont confuse what team you are cheering for if they have any knowledge of the school and its history. Go to Fizz stadium and see the different colors they sport and also what the fans wear. there is maroon and silver, there is burnt orange, and so on. This is a day and age of multiple uniforms to get fans in seats and give the players something new to wear occasionally. This wont change as time goes on. I have gold shirts i have yellow shirts. i have dark blue and original blue. I have a shirt from 1984 team, and a hat from that year i will never let go of. I have new ones as well. They all sell and i dont confuse what team is what. personally i like the old colors and uniforms, but new age colors are more modern and dark. Its not gonna change my dedication to my team or confuse those who actually have knowledge of those teams. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I Bleed Blue & Gold & Find Myself Watching Replays Of The Game The Day After Being There In Person. Some Call Me Crazy I Call It Dedication

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:25 am

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
rebel wrote:

I associate UM's brand with a different kind of weed entirely...

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

uofmman1122
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by uofmman1122 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:41 pm

ADOKmt wrote:Sorry to start a second concept helmet post... The other was getting a little cluttered! Wanted to share one final design. You all may skewer me on this one, but its near and dear to my heart.

So I am as patriotic as the next guy, and loved our stars and stripes Cat head helmets. We wore them during Cat Griz last year, but I noticed that UM really embraced the "Montana" angle... counties on their back bumpers, Griz script outlined by the state etc. I wondered what our logo would look like with the Montana flag instead of the American flag, so we could rep the state itself a bit more (little did I know that our equipment staff would do a lot of that this year, in a much cleaner way!) Since I had some time on my hands, I decided to get photoshop (I had never used it a day in my life before then) and give it a shot.

The results back then were obviously sloppy, but I really enjoyed using the program, and photoshop became a huge passion of mine. I can thank Bobcat football for that. Now that I have circled all the way back around and am playing with MSU helmet concepts, I figured I would re-try that very first photoshop project and see how it turned out after a year of practice.

For reference here's our flag:
Image Image Image
You are all doofuses, and the cats are hot garbage that's been soaked in cold garbage.

But that helmet is focking legit and looks amazing.

Seriously, I wish we had someone that could make cool alternative designs like this for the Griz. Mad props, ADOKmt.

1984TwoMinutesHate
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984TwoMinutesHate » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:37 am

uofmman1122 wrote: You are all doofuses, and the cats are hot garbage that's been soaked in cold garbage.
Good sir, we have whooped your ass the past two years running now. Please take your beatings with due humility. Now head on back to Hoagieville to serve your cheese fries bud.