We won!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: We won!

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Based on talking to coaches from three BSC and three Frontier teams (9 coaches total) this is how I think it goes. When asked who they thought were the top five, four names came up consistently and two came up every time. So I’d break it into three tiers. The top tier is Sulser and Askelson. Second tier is Winterburn and Turner. The third tier is Schneider, Estes, Graves, Germer, Choate, Shuman, Quick, Pepe, Sumner, Kleinhans, Janacaro, and McElroy in no particular order. I got some interesting individual comments on several players that I’ll share later.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:58 pm

rebel wrote:Grizaddict, don't expect a rational discussion with Cataholic, or many on this site. Cataholic, don't expect the same from many on eGriz. Go ahead try. Or, better yet, post your 'mind' on MaroonBlood :lol: Grizaddict, this is the same rabble who'd try to tear down the goal posts after their 5-6 season finale. Cataholic, you CAN take pride in beating the Griz two in a row, but temper that with what the state of Griz football has become since Pflu. Three years of Delaney, probably the worst HC in Griz history, then Mr. Nodefense Stitt. Haslam has sole responsibility for this train wreck. He hasn't pointed his finger at Engstrom, so he owns it. Remember, cat fans, Cruzado could pull an Engstrom on Costello and Choate given the opportunity. Doubtful she'd be that f****** stupid. Takes a unique quality to perform like that. Merry Christmas Griz fans and RATIONAL cats fans. Coal to the rest of you.
Looks like AG1 has another username. You are in fine company GA. ](*,)

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:04 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Based on talking to coaches from three BSC and three Frontier teams (9 coaches total) this is how I think it goes. When asked who they thought were the top five, four names came up consistently and two came up every time. So I’d break it into three tiers. The top tier is Sulser and Askelson. Second tier is Winterburn and Turner. The third tier is Schneider, Estes, Graves, Germer, Choate, Shuman, Quick, Pepe, Sumner, Kleinhans, Janacaro, and McElroy in no particular order. I got some interesting individual comments on several players that I’ll share later.
I’d love to hear those comments! Interesting that Winterburn is regarded so highly. From what I’ve heard, his scholarship was very small, just books perhaps. He’s an athlete though so I get it.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Three coaches said Sulser was the most polished player at his position as they’ve ever seen from Montana. They all said he’ll be starting by next year and could beat out McGee. One thought Germer has more upside than Sulser and thinks both will be starting sooner than later.

At least five made mention of Winterburn’s mentality and will to win. Three said he’ll run thru a brick wall for his coaches and that his desire will separate him from the pack.

Two thought Choate will end up starting. Others called him a great student of the game.

Two said Graves and Hauck are going to be special together.

All of them said Askelson is the most college-ready player.

4-5 said Turner will be UM’s most effective player.

One coach said Estes and Sumner could end up being the best players in the group.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:15 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Three coaches said Sulser was the most polished player at his position as they’ve ever seen from Montana. They all said he’ll be starting by next year and could beat out McGee. One thought Germer has more upside than Sulser and thinks both will be starting sooner than later.

At least five made mention of Winterburn’s mentality and will to win. Three said he’ll run thru a brick wall for his coaches and that his desire will separate him from the pack.

Two thought Choate will end up starting. Others called him a great student of the game.

One coach said Estes and Sumner could end up being the best players in the group.
So if I’m reading this correctly, the Cats win next years game 45-21.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:23 pm

toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Cataholic wrote:
rebel wrote:Grizaddict, don't expect a rational discussion with Cataholic, or many on this site. Cataholic, don't expect the same from many on eGriz. Go ahead try. Or, better yet, post your 'mind' on MaroonBlood :lol: Grizaddict, this is the same rabble who'd try to tear down the goal posts after their 5-6 season finale. Cataholic, you CAN take pride in beating the Griz two in a row, but temper that with what the state of Griz football has become since Pflu. Three years of Delaney, probably the worst HC in Griz history, then Mr. Nodefense Stitt. Haslam has sole responsibility for this train wreck. He hasn't pointed his finger at Engstrom, so he owns it. Remember, cat fans, Cruzado could pull an Engstrom on Costello and Choate given the opportunity. Doubtful she'd be that f****** stupid. Takes a unique quality to perform like that. Merry Christmas Griz fans and RATIONAL cats fans. Coal to the rest of you.
Looks like AG1 has another username. You are in fine company GA. ](*,)

I was thinking the same thing. He even got a commercial in for his fan board. It's amazing how unhappy and pathetic these griz trolls are. They even hate it when Cat fans have a little bit of fun at the end of a game. Oh, and with a name like "Rebel", you just know he likes backing losers.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:45 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Three coaches said Sulser was the most polished player at his position as they’ve ever seen from Montana. They all said he’ll be starting by next year and could beat out McGee. One thought Germer has more upside than Sulser and thinks both will be starting sooner than later.

That's pretty high praise for Sulser considering Matt Miller played the same position, and he was a foot injury away from sticking with the Denver Broncos. I'm not sure that Sulser is quite that same level, time will tell, but the griz definitely got a great one there.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:44 am

91catAlum wrote:

That's pretty high praise for Sulser considering Matt Miller played the same position, and he was a foot injury away from sticking with the Denver Broncos. I'm not sure that Sulser is quite that same level, time will tell, but the griz definitely got a great one there.
I tend to agree with them that Sulser is more polished. I didn’t ask any of them for a comparison to Miller. I’ve heard he’s a great route runner, so he’s probably more fundamentally sound or “polished.”

toM StUber

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:13 am

bobcat99 wrote:Can you all just shut up?
I couldn’t sleep so I actually read all that.

Why doesn’t everyone just put GA on ignore, then he can still post here but just talk to himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:18 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:53 pm

rebel wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote: Why doesn’t everyone just put GA on ignore, then he can still post here but just talk to himself.
Put anyone with whom you disagree on ignore. Harmony and bliss. Ahhhhhhhh! You could just move to a very rural Hutterite Colony, convert, and your world will be perfect. Dress alike, speak alike, act alike, look alike, think alike. Gonna miss ya BigBrucie. But beware, not all is as it appears to those outside the Colony. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Isn't this an AG1 sockpuppet? Whoever it is, they have claimed to be both a Griz grad and a Bobcat grad in separate posts (and is too stupid to remember what they posted in the Jordan Johnson threads) but not a grad both. So there is no denying this poster is liar, at the very least.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=42599&p=619386#p619386
Re: State flag helmet design
Several observations from the a Griz grad and fan: 1) you did a fine job of putting this together, helmet looks nice, but this underlines the lack of brand identity long missing at MSU; 2) it's Montana STATE, not Montana. The latter has already been taken; 3) Montana STATE does NOT represent the Sta...
by rebel
on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Forum: Bobcat Football
Topic: State flag helmet design
Replies: 32
Views: 1627
Yet...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=29659&p=420777#p420777
Re: NRA - This is the best they could come up with?
Way to go BobCatFan, GOOD POST! :thumbup: When living in Roskie in the late 60's, the campus was definitely right of center. Peace buttons showed a B-52 outline with a 'Peace Through Strength' motto. Missoula was just the peace sign, worn by dope smoking hippies. Now we got MSU posters espousing thi...
by rebel
on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Forum: Discussing the Issues
Topic: NRA - This is the best they could come up with?
Replies: 78
Views: 2953
and...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30122&p=427445#p427445
Confederate Flag, misunderstanding the 1st Amendement, etc.
Now WE, Bobcat fans, have the opportunity to show the world we have no DOUBLE STANDARD! #-o
by rebel
on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Forum: Discussing the Issues
Topic: Confederate Flag, misunderstanding the 1st Amendement, etc.
Replies: 52
Views: 1269

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:31 pm

rebel wrote:Stalker. [-X
And, yes, a grad of BOTH. YOU are the liar. So, yes, I can be a fan of both, just not on the third Saturday in November.
I didn't realize that Devry Institute had branch campuses and combined degree programs with UM-Missoula and MSU-Bozeman. That one is new to me, so thanks!

If you pretending not to be AG1 by using this "rebel" account on Bobcatnation.com is how a 47 year-old man wants to spend his time, I really don't care other than to point out, to I'm sure nobody's surprise, who this poster is and how they have posted in previous AG1 bannings/suspensions. It wasn't stalking, either. I just remembered your act on the Jordy Johnson threads where you pretended to be a Bobcat grad and fan, yet kept making the same points the AG1 was making on egriz. The Kwaanza post with the Confederate flag was such obviously basic AG1 trolling that it made it obvious, but I believe at one point years ago you did confirm this is another account of yours you created during one of you many AG1 suspensions here.

Knock yourself out, Mike. Things going well this holiday season? Those Deadspin comments were brutal, but then again, your issues with women in public dating back to Gwen Florio are well-known.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Last edited by PapaG on Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What a ride

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:57 pm

PapaG wrote:
And, yes, a grad of BOTH. YOU are the liar. So, yes, I can be a fan of both, just not on the third Saturday in November.
If pretending not to be AG1 on Bobcatnation.com is how a 47 year-old man wants to spend his time, I really don't care. It wasn't stalking, either. I just remembered your act on the Jordy Johnson threads where you pretended to be a Bobcat grad and fan. The Kwaanza post with the Confederate flag was such obviously basic trolling that it made it obvious, but I believe at one point years ago you did confirm this is another account of yours you created during one of you many AG1 suspensions here.

Knock yourself out, Mike. Things going well this holiday season? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

That's awesome! Good detective work, although I had a strong feeling it was him. He just can't let this stuff go and that just proves how sad he really is.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:01 pm

AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
If pretending not to be AG1 on Bobcatnation.com is how a 47 year-old man wants to spend his time, I really don't care. It wasn't stalking, either. I just remembered your act on the Jordy Johnson threads where you pretended to be a Bobcat grad and fan. The Kwaanza post with the Confederate flag was such obviously basic trolling that it made it obvious, but I believe at one point years ago you did confirm this is another account of yours you created during one of you many AG1 suspensions here.

Knock yourself out, Mike. Things going well this holiday season? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

That's awesome! Good detective work, although I had a strong feeling it was him. He just can't let this stuff go and that just proves how sad he really is.
I remembered this account from 2013 after AG1 got either banned or suspended during the Jordy Johnson stuff. Took literally 3 minutes to find the relevant posts and 5 more to post. The irony of such a big, tough "AlphaGriz" slinking around BobcatNation and pretending to be somebody else makes me laugh.

'Oh no, what if the mods find me out?' :roll: :lol:

He seems like the type of clown who would set up a proxy server to mask any IP ban, too, so before he uses the IP excuse, that trick has been around for over a decade to go around those bans.

What a ride

syvie5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by syvie5 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Like I posted in the other thread...the guy obviously has mental and emotional issues.
It was obvious through all his so called "alphafizz1" posts, but really came to light with the reporter/Hauck episode!

robgriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by robgriz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:19 pm

+1

syvie5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by syvie5 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:23 pm

robgriz wrote:
+1
Wah! :kicksrock:

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:00 am

We'll know who won in 3-5 years. Odds are the deciding factor will be some walk-on that nobody's even talking about today.

It's worth noting that Bobby pretty much has to win, since his roster doesn't fit his scheme.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers