We won!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: We won!

Post by lutecat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:16 pm

He qualified his statement about vims upcoming list with "if he's objective". he's basically setting himself up with a ready made argument that if the list isn't how he sees it, Vim is not objective. Even though it's widely accepted, even on egriz, that vim's list is very objective.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:I would say that there’s a consensus among college coaches in Montana that Askelson and Winterburn are two of the top five players in the state. Estes isn’t too far off.
If you value and respect Vims list, Askelson is the only top 5 recruit who the Cats signed. The Griz got the other 4 as well as more of the top 10. But it's all just wishful thinking for now anyways and we will know more in a few year, just like every recruiting cycle.
Apparently it’s being missed that the list that Vim has posted is the pre 2017 season list. Not saying the post season list that comes out in a couple weeks is going to be drastically different. But if you’re going to do your arguing based off of Vim’s MT recruits, at least wait for the final list to come out.

With that being said, yes, it appears the griz have the upper hand on in state recruiting this year. It’s a cyclical thing, look at the last couple of years and tell me the Cats didn’t arguably have the better class. Time will tell to be sure, but I certainly like the players the Cats were able to get this year.
That's because I can promise you that Vims list will have 4 Griz in the top 5 as well as janacaro moving into the top 10, if he's being at all realistic and legitimate in his rankings, which I think he will be.
Vim - hope you are paying attention. Grizaddict is a genius. You know he was the one that pointed Winterburn.

Interesting to note, but three of Montana’s top six recruits from Vim’s initial list did not make the Tribune’s Super State list. No Connor Quick, Jackson Pepe or Germer. Interestingly, three Cat commits were picked over those guys on the Super State list with Jory Choate, Logan Kleinhaus and Lane Sumner.
oh the list that has 6 Griz recruits on it and soon to be more? The one with guys like Curry, Janacaro, and Koppang on it who were not even in the top 15 of Vims list? So are you saying Vim is no good at this? I think he does a really good job and pays more attention and puts in more time than 99% of others. Sure he misses here and there but overall has a damn good feel for it. That's why I'm telling you if he's being legitimate and objective he will have 4 of the top 5 as Griz and that Janacaro will also move into top 10 easy.
Yes. The list that had 5 MSU commits. The list that does not contain 3 of the Griz’s Top 6 commits. The list that has those 3 Griz recruits being beat out by 3 Cat recruits. This provides a good argument that those 3 Griz recruits (top 11 on Vims preseason list) could be ranked lower than the 3 Cat recruits in Vims updated list. If seems to be straight forward, but I realize your vocabulary is limited to Snowflake and Sand in the vagina.

As for Vim, he does a great job. You were the dumb ass that accused him of not being subjective. That is your problem. With anything Griz, you are the most biased person in the world. Then if people don’t agree with you; you call them snowflake or some other grade school term. You are the epitome of a troll.
Let's make a deal. When 4 of the top 5 are Griz and janacaro moves into the top 10 (which is all I've been saying all along) you owe me a huge public apology on this site for everyone to see. Deal?

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:21 pm

lutecat wrote:He qualified his statement about vims upcoming list with "if he's objective". he's basically setting himself up with a ready made argument that if the list isn't how he sees it, Vim is not objective. Even though it's widely accepted, even on egriz, that vim's list is very objective.

I said 4 of the top 5 will be Griz and that janacaro will move into the top 10 on Vims list if Vim is being legit, which I said he will be. I don't need to qualify anything or argue anything as I know 100% the top 4 of 5 are Griz. Askelson is the other one in the top 5. The rest are a Griz. That's not just me saying that, that's anyone who knows ****** about football and MT recruits and the top players on recruiting boards. I also said none of it means jack until 2-3 years down the road, just like every recruiting cycle.

Vim why don't you just settle this and list your top 5 or top 10? You have to know those already as their seasons are over and their accolades are all in. I can see why you want to wait for the rest of the list to shape up (spots 11-30) but your top 5 or 10 has to already be final.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
lutecat wrote:He qualified his statement about vims upcoming list with "if he's objective". he's basically setting himself up with a ready made argument that if the list isn't how he sees it, Vim is not objective. Even though it's widely accepted, even on egriz, that vim's list is very objective.

I said 4 of the top 5 will be Griz and that janacaro will move into the top 10 on Vims list if Vim is being legit, which I said he will be. I don't need to qualify anything or argue anything as I know 100% the top 4 of 5 are Griz. Askelson is the other one in the top 5. The rest are a Griz. That's not just me saying that, that's anyone who knows ****** about football and MT recruits and the top players on recruiting boards. I also said none of it means jack until 2-3 years down the road, just like every recruiting cycle.

Vim why don't you just settle this and list your top 5 or top 10? You have to know those already as their seasons are over and their accolades are all in. I can see why you want to wait for the rest of the list to shape up (spots 11-30) but your top 5 or 10 has to already be final.
Why don't you give us an early Christmas present and go away. You add nothing to this board but arguing and discontent. How many threads are cluttered up with your constant bickering?? So tired of it.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:42 pm

So in other words, the only way VimSince03 can be seen as "objective" or "legit" is if his list lines up exactly as GrizAddict's Top5 list. Really though, who cares? Although after being bounced from the playoffs two years in a row by Bobcat teams with losing records, I do understand how much in need Griz fans are for any type of win over MSU football.

Grizaddict's logic about Vim's list is so flawed and subjective that it really doesn't merit much more than to be ridiculed, does it?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Ha, didn't see this before I posted something similar.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:55 pm

I have news for all of you. Any "top ten" list like this is SUBJECTIVE by it's very nature. It's someone's opinion. That's it. That's why Vims list is different than Howard's, and anybody else's! It doesn't mean that only one of them is being objective, it's their personal opinion. It's no different than compiling a list of best guitar players, or best NASCAR drivers, or whatever.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:I would say that there’s a consensus among college coaches in Montana that Askelson and Winterburn are two of the top five players in the state. Estes isn’t too far off.
If you value and respect Vims list, Askelson is the only top 5 recruit who the Cats signed. The Griz got the other 4 as well as more of the top 10. But it's all just wishful thinking for now anyways and we will know more in a few year, just like every recruiting cycle.
Apparently it’s being missed that the list that Vim has posted is the pre 2017 season list. Not saying the post season list that comes out in a couple weeks is going to be drastically different. But if you’re going to do your arguing based off of Vim’s MT recruits, at least wait for the final list to come out.

With that being said, yes, it appears the griz have the upper hand on in state recruiting this year. It’s a cyclical thing, look at the last couple of years and tell me the Cats didn’t arguably have the better class. Time will tell to be sure, but I certainly like the players the Cats were able to get this year.
That's because I can promise you that Vims list will have 4 Griz in the top 5 as well as janacaro moving into the top 10, if he's being at all realistic and legitimate in his rankings, which I think he will be.
Vim - hope you are paying attention. Grizaddict is a genius. You know he was the one that pointed Winterburn.

Interesting to note, but three of Montana’s top six recruits from Vim’s initial list did not make the Tribune’s Super State list. No Connor Quick, Jackson Pepe or Germer. Interestingly, three Cat commits were picked over those guys on the Super State list with Jory Choate, Logan Kleinhaus and Lane Sumner.
oh the list that has 6 Griz recruits on it and soon to be more? The one with guys like Curry, Janacaro, and Koppang on it who were not even in the top 15 of Vims list? So are you saying Vim is no good at this? I think he does a really good job and pays more attention and puts in more time than 99% of others. Sure he misses here and there but overall has a damn good feel for it. That's why I'm telling you if he's being legitimate and objective he will have 4 of the top 5 as Griz and that Janacaro will also move into top 10 easy.
Yes. The list that had 5 MSU commits. The list that does not contain 3 of the Griz’s Top 6 commits. The list that has those 3 Griz recruits being beat out by 3 Cat recruits. This provides a good argument that those 3 Griz recruits (top 11 on Vims preseason list) could be ranked lower than the 3 Cat recruits in Vims updated list. If seems to be straight forward, but I realize your vocabulary is limited to Snowflake and Sand in the vagina.

As for Vim, he does a great job. You were the dumb ass that accused him of not being subjective. That is your problem. With anything Griz, you are the most biased person in the world. Then if people don’t agree with you; you call them snowflake or some other grade school term. You are the epitome of a troll.
Let's make a deal. When 4 of the top 5 are Griz and janacaro moves into the top 10 (which is all I've been saying all along) you owe me a huge public apology on this site for everyone to see. Deal?
What am I apologizing for? Look at my posts above. You want an apology for me calling you a “genius” because you pointed out Winterburn? An apology for me pointing out that the GF Tribune picked 3 Cats at the same positions over 3 of this year’s Griz recruits? An apology for you alleging that Vim could be biased? An apology for your use of the word “snowflake” and your use of the phrase “sand in the vagina”?

I am not sure why you an apology for actual facts, but I will take your bet with the following: If you lose and Vim does not have the same 4 Griz recruits in the top 5 and Janacoro in the top 10, YOU PROMISE TO NEVER POST ON BOBCATNATION AGAIN. Deal???

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:01 pm

91catAlum wrote:I have news for all of you. Any "top ten" list like this is SUBJECTIVE by it's very nature. It's someone's opinion. That's it. That's why Vims list is different than Howard's, and anybody else's! It doesn't mean that only one of them is being objective, it's their personal opinion. It's no different than compiling a list of best guitar players, or best NASCAR drivers, or whatever.
That's correct, which is exactly why when Vim posts the fact that 4 of the top 5 MT kids are indeed Griz, a bunch here will attack him for it and say they don't agree. All of a sudden his opinion (which is valued and respected all year long because of his knowledge, connections, time, and effort) will go out the window and hold no weight here.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

What am I apologizing for? Look at my posts above. You want an apology for me calling you a “genius” because you pointed out Winterburn? An apology for me pointing out that the GF Tribune picked 3 Cats at the same positions over 3 of this year’s Griz recruits? An apology for you alleging that Vim could be biased? An apology for your use of the word “snowflake” and your use of the phrase “sand in the vagina”?

I am not sure why you an apology for actual facts, but I will take your bet with the following: If you lose and Vim does not have the same 4 Griz recruits in the top 5 and Janacoro in the top 10, YOU PROMISE TO NEVER POST ON BOBCATNATION AGAIN. Deal???
Nice try. Didn't say it would be the same 4, I said the Griz will have 4 of the top 5 and janacaro moving up into top 10. Nothing less nothing more. If I'm wrong I won't post here again. That means you have to have a similar consequence. Since you'll never stop positing here and won't hold your end of the bargain how about this:

When I'm right, you have to start a separate thread on the main football forum titled "Grizaddict was right" stating exactly the following:

"Bobcat Nation, I must admit Grizaddict has once again completely owned me on this site. I promise to do better in the future and I'll try to learn more about all things football so that this doesn't happen again. I must admit the guy knows a heck of a lot more than I ever give him credit for, including knowing more than I do about my own team. I also readily admit that I whine and bitch way too much and will strive to be better. I'm sorry Bobcat Nation for being such an awful representation of our proud fan base."

You do that and you have a deal.

P.S. Vim, no private messages to him telling him "don't take that deal!"

Tick tock Cataholic. Deal or no deal? I don't need you trying to desperately reach out to Vim to see what you should do. Guessing you already have.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Cataholic, tell you what, its Christmas and this is pretty dumb. Don't take my bet.

Vim already said on Egriz a week or two ago that 4 of his final top 5 are still Griz. So I've known that for a while. Enjoy the holidays.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Geez, that all escalated quickly.

I know I wasn’t in the middle of this argument, but I did have a comment in there.The only thing I was saying is that the list everyone is going off of is the pre season list. Why don’t we wait to really debate this until a final list is out. Will the griz have more in the top 10 than the Cats? I’d put money on it. But I think there will be some shuffling and it may be a little more even than it appears right now. But as everyone has stated and knows, it doesn’t mean a thing for a couple more years.

As it stands right now the griz have 5 of the top 10 and 7 of the top 20.
The Cats have 3 of the top 10 and 5 of the top 20.

I’ll let Vim do his thing, but if I had to guess I bet it’ll end with something like 6 of top 10 go to griz and the other 4 go to the Cats and then it’ll be pretty close to an even split for guys in the top 20.

A lot of arguing about what is really a fairly close split, with the griz most likely having the upper hand by a small margin.

Merry Christmas everyone, all I want for Christmas is for BobcatNation to not turn into egriz with the childish bickering back and forth.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:I have news for all of you. Any "top ten" list like this is SUBJECTIVE by it's very nature. It's someone's opinion. That's it. That's why Vims list is different than Howard's, and anybody else's! It doesn't mean that only one of them is being objective, it's their personal opinion. It's no different than compiling a list of best guitar players, or best NASCAR drivers, or whatever.
That's correct, which is exactly why when Vim posts the fact that 4 of the top 5 MT kids are indeed Griz, a bunch here will attack him for it and say they don't agree. All of a sudden his opinion (which is valued and respected all year long because of his knowledge, connections, time, and effort) will go out the window and hold no weight here.
Seriously dude? This is what you posted earlier: "I can promise you that Vims list will have 4 Griz in the top 5 as well as janacaro moving into the top 10, if he's being at all realistic and legitimate in his rankings". You questioned his integrity then have the balls to say OTHERS will attack him if they don't agree?? You just attacked his integrity and he has not even posted his new list!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Nice try. Didn't say it would be the same 4, I said the Griz will have 4 of the top 5 and janacaro moving up into top 10. Nothing less nothing more. If I'm wrong I won't post here again. That means you have to have a similar consequence. Since you'll never stop positing here and won't hold your end of the bargain how about this:

When I'm right, you have to start a separate thread on the main football forum titled "Grizaddict was right" stating exactly the following:

"Bobcat Nation, I must admit Grizaddict has once again completely owned me on this site. I promise to do better in the future and I'll try to learn more about all things football so that this doesn't happen again. I must admit the guy knows a heck of a lot more than I ever give him credit for, including knowing more than I do about my own team. I also readily admit that I whine and bitch way too much and will strive to be better. I'm sorry Bobcat Nation for being such an awful representation of our proud fan base."

You do that and you have a deal.

P.S. Vim, no private messages to him telling him "don't take that deal!"

Tick tock Cataholic. Deal or no deal? I don't need you trying to desperately reach out to Vim to see what you should do. Guessing you already have.
First off, my apologies to others on the board regarding the "back and forth" with Grizaddict. I should take his constant Griz agenda with a grain of salt, but when he makes claims like "I knew about Daum before anybody" and "I was the first to identify Winterburn" and grizgirl is not a Griz fan..... It sends me over the edge. He is the classic blowhard Griz fan that we have all dealt with dating back to the beginning of the streak. Based on the posts of others here, he clearly evokes the same feelings with them.

As for this proposed wager with GA, he has railed on and on about how the Griz have taken the top 4 of 5 rated prospects. Pretty sure he has been regularly referencing Vim's rankings. So I take him up on his bet and he says "well wait a second, I did not want to bet that they are the same 4 of 5"???? WTF???? What a blowhard!!!

You want me to do the same that I am asking of you.. I will! If you lose, I have asked you to stop posing on BobcatNation. If I lose, I will not post on Egriz. Seems pretty fair to me. If I lose, I will also post that you were right with Vim's rankings, nothing more nothing less. I don't need you to post anything more because everybody already knows you are an idiot.

As for me reaching out to Vim directly, I only have one thought: "ARE YOU TWELVE????!!!???". Seriously man...

This is a fair wager. You have been going on and on about getting these top 4 of 5, so here is your chance to back it up!!! Unfortunately, I know you won't respond.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:13 pm

There’s probably a good chance it would turn out like Go Scats Go’s bet. If he loses he won’t honor it and will still hang around. Believe, I know putting up with jiz fans tests your last nerve, but this is a game you can’t win even when you do everything right.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:45 pm

Cataholic, this is for you:

You may want to make sure you see all the posts in these threads before you make a total ass of yourself. I think it's safe to say you missed this one just a few posts back, that I posted directly to you before you lost your marbles:

"Cataholic, tell you what, its Christmas and this is pretty dumb. Don't take my bet.

Vim already said on Egriz a week or two ago that 4 of his final top 5 are still Griz. So I've known that for a while. Enjoy the holidays."

So I threw you a bone and saved you from making a complete ass of yourself and you are still trying to make the bet?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Grizaddict wrote:Cataholic, this is for you:

You may want to make sure you see all the posts in these threads before you make a total ass of yourself. I think it's safe to say you missed this one just a few posts back, that I posted directly to you before you lost your marbles:

"Cataholic, tell you what, its Christmas and this is pretty dumb. Don't take my bet.

Vim already said on Egriz a week or two ago that 4 of his final top 5 are still Griz. So I've known that for a while. Enjoy the holidays."

So I threw you a bone and saved you from making a complete ass of yourself and you are still trying to make the bet?
And you wonder why people don’t like you???... I saw your earlier post. I also clarified that the bet refers to the same 4 Griz that you have been carrying on about will be in the top 5 along with Janacaro in the top 10. I am aware of Vims earlier statement but he is entitled to change his mind. I am prepared to say you were right on these two things if you are correct. I might have a small chance of winning, but quite frankly, I will take a 1% chance at winning if it means we will never have to see your commentary here again.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:59 pm

The beauty of this is that the kids were griz families and were griz before Bobby. He had nothing to do with it. So ga.....How would you like to cry about that fact?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Can you all just shut up?