We won!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: We won!

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:34 am

Was sulser the only player who had full ride offers from both schools this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:50 am

TomCat88 wrote:I would say that there’s a consensus among college coaches in Montana that Askelson and Winterburn are two of the top five players in the state. Estes isn’t too far off.
If you value and respect Vims list, Askelson is the only top 5 recruit who the Cats signed. The Griz got the other 4 as well as more of the top 10. But it's all just wishful thinking for now anyways and we will know more in a few year, just like every recruiting cycle.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:01 am

Grizaddict wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:I would say that there’s a consensus among college coaches in Montana that Askelson and Winterburn are two of the top five players in the state. Estes isn’t too far off.
If you value and respect Vims list, Askelson is the only top 5 recruit who the Cats signed. The Griz got the other 4 as well as more of the top 10. But it's all just wishful thinking for now anyways and we will know more in a few year, just like every recruiting cycle.
I do value Vims list, however TomCat is right. There is not a whole lot of difference between who is in the top five and just outside. They could be interchangeable. We won't know if Vim is entirely correct for a few years. I really like the this group of Montana recruits this year that chose MSU.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:16 am

91catAlum wrote: So to sum up, only time will tell who did a better job, but the griz did a better job.
Cledus wrote:
Yeah, that and Montana kids aren’t important, except for when they are.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
lutecat wrote:They won the instate numbers game so far but a lot of griz fans over on egriz lamenting that we have a much better class.

Like every good cat fan you over estimate all things blue and gold.
By ANY look at in-state, the cats got killed. Askelson is a top 3 player, but Turner & Sulser are better players. The next 4 top players all signed with UM. Graves, Quick, Germer and Curry. Look I have always said that numbers mean little until these players get to their Junior Year. But on Paper and watching film, this is the biggest ass kicking in-state recruiting battle in at least 20 years, Griz 6 of top 7 players. Oh and Janacaro is under rated.

As far as recruiting class, UM still has 9 or 10 Scholarships to be filled. I seriously doubt that the cat's out of state players will be better then what Hauck ends up signing. (On paper and video)

But then again, only time will truly tell who did a better job this year... Lets revisit in 3 years.
Ah yes. You, are the epitome of a reasoned and balanced opinion. Never, and I do mean never, have you shown a great slant in your opinion.

UM got some good players. MSU got some good players. Arguably, UM got more players in the top tier. After that, pretty balanced. Askelson is closer to Sulser than Turner is, imo.

Last year, we got one of the best Montana athletes in the past couple decades. We got Keaton Anderson, Hashley, Gilman, just to name a couple. Last years Montana HS seniors was a stronger overall group than this years, imo.

Oh, and you're still a bet welching ignoramus.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:34 am

wbtfg wrote:Was sulser the only player who had full ride offers from both schools this year?

Askelson for sure.

We might have had a full out to Turner, but then Cauley (I think) committed and we stopped recruiting Turner, which is when he committed to UM. I think Cauley is better, but they're both good backs.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:06 am

bobcat99 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Was sulser the only player who had full ride offers from both schools this year?

Askelson for sure.

We might have had a full out to Turner, but then Cauley (I think) committed and we stopped recruiting Turner, which is when he committed to UM. I think Cauley is better, but they're both good backs.
Did asked son have a full from msu and um?

Turner, I believe was partial from both.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:51 am

Grizaddict wrote:
I value Vim and Howard’s lists, but I’ve gotten input from coaches from four Montana football staffs, including the current UM staff.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catgradtimes2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
lutecat wrote:They won the instate numbers game so far but a lot of griz fans over on egriz lamenting that we have a much better class.

Like every good cat fan you over estimate all things blue and gold.
By ANY look at in-state, the cats got killed. Askelson is a top 3 player, but Turner & Sulser are better players. The next 4 top players all signed with UM. Graves, Quick, Germer and Curry. Look I have always said that numbers mean little until these players get to their Junior Year. But on Paper and watching film, this is the biggest ass kicking in-state recruiting battle in at least 20 years, Griz 6 of top 7 players. Oh and Janacaro is under rated.

As far as recruiting class, UM still has 9 or 10 Scholarships to be filled. I seriously doubt that the cat's out of state players will be better then what Hauck ends up signing. (On paper and video)

But then again, only time will truly tell who did a better job this year... Lets revisit in 3 years.
The depths of your ignorance and narcissism know no bounds. Seriously, put down the pipe. Just put it down. Biggest ass-kicking in 20 years?! HAHAHA! Both schools have had bigger ass-kickings in the last 6 or 7 years alone. Sulser is undoubtedly the top recruit this year, but Askelson is a better Hager than Turner and I think will turn out better than Sulser too. Just like a couple years ago, UM looks like they got some top-heavy recruits, but I think the Cats got the better 5-15 players that fit our scheme better and will likely turn out to be a better class in the end. That’s my opinion, but I don’t feel the need to troll my rival’s board and put down a bunch of high school kids in order to make myself feel better about being a total douchebag loser. And that’s not opinion, that’s fact.

You know your winning a debate when the other side starts name calling... douche bag

So show us your brilliance and name one year in the last 20 when either UM or the cats had 6 of the top 7 In-state recruits.

And I never put down any high school recruits, I said time will tell. But on paper and video UM killed msu in-state. Try reading sometime then your posts won’t sound so stupid.

The devil is in the details, and you managed to specifically say 6 of the top 7. However, you only have to look one year back to see that the other side got 5 out of the top 7. So did MSU kill UM in in-state recruiting last year? Or, do you have to get exactly 6 out of the top 7 to kill your rival in in-state recruiting?

For reference:
1.) Keaton Anderson (Billings Senior) - FS - 6'1", 170 lbs. - Montana State http://www.hudl.com/profile/3031609/kea ... son/videos (1)
2.) Troy Anderson (Dillon) - ATH - 6'3", 210 lbs. - Montana State http://www.hudl.com/profile/4301574/tro ... sen/videos (2)
3.) Braydon Deming (Billings West) - TE/OLB - 6'4", 215 lbs. - Montana http://www.hudl.com/profile/4071601/bra ... ing/videos (uno)
4.) Jaxen Hashley (Kalispell Glacier) - OT/DT - 6'6", 260 lbs. - Montana State http://www.hudl.com/profile/3578083/jax ... ley/videos (3)
5.) Tadan Gilman (Kalispell Glacier) - ATH - 6'0", 205 lbs. - Montana State http://www.hudl.com/profile/3578097/tadan-gilman/videos (4)
6.) Matthew Rensvold (Polson) - TE/MLB - 6'4", 210 lbs. - Montana http://www.hudl.com/profile/6247038/mat ... old/videos (dos)
7.) Lance McCutcheon (Bozeman) - WR/CB - 6'3", 190 lbs. - Montana State http://www.hudl.com/profile/6174188/lan ... eon/videos (5)

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:33 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
I value Vim and Howard’s lists, but I’ve gotten input from coaches from four Montana football staffs, including the current UM staff.
Funny I'm the one who let most people know here that Winterburn was the other recruit Hauck and UM went after along with Askelson. Until then, it seemed like no one was really talking much about Winterburn or giving him a lot of credit. I still wouldn't rank him in top 5. Maybe top 10 though.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Seems like VIM or somebody did an analysis in the past on the contested kids. Maybe this was done but a few posters made this thread sickening and I quit reading it.

Which kids were open to either school coming into the process that both schools offered in some way? Guys that have been vocal about allegiances for a long period of time, or kids that one school didn't offer for any reason while the other school did, don't count in this analysis. That's more telling of who 'won' IMO.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:21 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Apparently it’s being missed that the list that Vim has posted is the pre 2017 season list. Not saying the post season list that comes out in a couple weeks is going to be drastically different. But if you’re going to do your arguing based off of Vim’s MT recruits, at least wait for the final list to come out.

With that being said, yes, it appears the griz have the upper hand on in state recruiting this year. It’s a cyclical thing, look at the last couple of years and tell me the Cats didn’t arguably have the better class. Time will tell to be sure, but I certainly like the players the Cats were able to get this year.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Apparently it’s being missed that the list that Vim has posted is the pre 2017 season list. Not saying the post season list that comes out in a couple weeks is going to be drastically different. But if you’re going to do your arguing based off of Vim’s MT recruits, at least wait for the final list to come out.

With that being said, yes, it appears the griz have the upper hand on in state recruiting this year. It’s a cyclical thing, look at the last couple of years and tell me the Cats didn’t arguably have the better class. Time will tell to be sure, but I certainly like the players the Cats were able to get this year.
This. Vim will have a new list out and the numbers will shuffle. Jory isn't on his first list. The kid that lead the state in sacks will be in it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

That's because I can promise you that Vims list will have 4 Griz in the top 5 as well as janacaro moving into the top 10, if he's being at all realistic and legitimate in his rankings, which I think he will be.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:36 pm

31-23

F-T-MF-G

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Funny I'm the one who let most people know here that Winterburn was the other recruit Hauck and UM went after along with Askelson. Until then, it seemed like no one was really talking much about Winterburn or giving him a lot of credit. I still wouldn't rank him in top 5. Maybe top 10 though.
You are really full of yourself.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

That's because I can promise you that Vims list will have 4 Griz in the top 5 as well as janacaro moving into the top 10, if he's being at all realistic and legitimate in his rankings, which I think he will be.
Vim - hope you are paying attention. Grizaddict is a genius. You know he was the one that pointed Winterburn.

Interesting to note, but three of Montana’s top six recruits from Vim’s initial list did not make the Tribune’s Super State list. No Connor Quick, Jackson Pepe or Germer. Interestingly, three Cat commits were picked over those guys on the Super State list with Jory Choate, Logan Kleinhaus and Lane Sumner.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Vim - hope you are paying attention. Grizaddict is a genius. You know he was the one that pointed Winterburn.

Interesting to note, but three of Montana’s top six recruits from Vim’s initial list did not make the Tribune’s Super State list. No Connor Quick, Jackson Pepe or Germer. Interestingly, three Cat commits were picked over those guys on the Super State list with Jory Choate, Logan Kleinhaus and Lane Sumner.
oh the list that has 6 Griz recruits on it and soon to be more? The one with guys like Curry, Janacaro, and Koppang on it who were not even in the top 15 of Vims list? So are you saying Vim is no good at this? I think he does a really good job and pays more attention and puts in more time than 99% of others. Sure he misses here and there but overall has a damn good feel for it. That's why I'm telling you if he's being legitimate and objective he will have 4 of the top 5 as Griz and that Janacaro will also move into top 10 easy.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:46 am

Seems my fellow Cat fans have pretty much done a fine job of arguing my point for me. Of course, as usual it is pointless to argue anything with Grizaddict or The Welcher. Proving, again, you can’t argue with stupid.

GO CATS GO!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:57 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

oh the list that has 6 Griz recruits on it and soon to be more? The one with guys like Curry, Janacaro, and Koppang on it who were not even in the top 15 of Vims list? So are you saying Vim is no good at this? I think he does a really good job and pays more attention and puts in more time than 99% of others. Sure he misses here and there but overall has a damn good feel for it. That's why I'm telling you if he's being legitimate and objective he will have 4 of the top 5 as Griz and that Janacaro will also move into top 10 easy.
Yes. The list that had 5 MSU commits. The list that does not contain 3 of the Griz’s Top 6 commits. The list that has those 3 Griz recruits being beat out by 3 Cat recruits. This provides a good argument that those 3 Griz recruits (top 11 on Vims preseason list) could be ranked lower than the 3 Cat recruits in Vims updated list. If seems to be straight forward, but I realize your vocabulary is limited to Snowflake and Sand in the vagina.

As for Vim, he does a great job. You were the dumb ass that accused him of not being subjective. That is your problem. With anything Griz, you are the most biased person in the world. Then if people don’t agree with you; you call them snowflake or some other grade school term. You are the epitome of a troll.