We won!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

We won!

Post by lutecat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:15 pm

They won the instate numbers game so far but a lot of griz fans over on egriz lamenting that we have a much better class.

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: We won!

Post by grizgirl » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:16 pm

lutecat wrote:They won the instate numbers game so far but a lot of griz fans over on egriz lamenting that we have a much better class.
Me, included. See, a lot of us Griz fans can be objective.

Go Dark Brandon!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:18 pm

We shall see in about five years. I hope you are right.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:21 pm

That's interesting you would say that. I think I saw two Griz fans over there who weren't that thrilled with the class and thought that Coach Hauck should've been recruiting harder instead of coaching SDSU in a bowl game. I like our class plenty, especially the top MT kids.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Grizaddict wrote:That's interesting you would say that. I think I saw two Griz fans over there who weren't that thrilled with the class and thought that Coach Hauck should've been recruiting harder instead of coaching SDSU in a bowl game. I like our class plenty, especially the top MT kids.
I like our class plenty, especially the top MT kids.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Signing day is always the best for this type of thread...It is like Christmas Morning when you wake up and every present is exactly what you wanted....Then fast forward a year or two, and half the presents are broken or don't do what you thought they would do, so you look back and say "Man, I wish we had that other present that I didn't get"

Also, some (not all) of the best players to play for MSU or um were walk-ons...You know presents that weren't as shinny and cool as the other presents (let's call them stocking stuffers) but you end up loving more than the fancy ones that had a bow on them...

Merry Christmas Football Fans!!!

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:04 pm

SACCAT wrote:Signing day is always the best for this type of thread...It is like Christmas Morning when you wake up and every present is exactly what you wanted....Then fast forward a year or two, and half the presents are broken or don't do what you thought they would do, so you look back and say "Man, I wish we had that other present that I didn't get"

Also, some (not all) of the best players to play for MSU or um were walk-ons...You know presents that weren't as shinny and cool as the other presents (let's call them stocking stuffers) but you end up loving more than the fancy ones that had a bow on them...

Merry Christmas Football Fans!!!
:goodpost:

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:33 pm

After the early signing period, I think both schools are headed in the right direction. UM and MSU got some studs and some kids who have serious potential. And personally, I think both schools dished out some money to kids who don’t have as high as a ceiling as others. But ultimately, we’ll have to wait a few years to say who won with the MT recruiting class this year.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:03 pm

HowardRoss280 wrote:After the early signing period, I think both schools are headed in the right direction. UM and MSU got some studs and some kids who have serious potential. And personally, I think both schools dished out some money to kids who don’t have as high as a ceiling as others. But ultimately, we’ll have to wait a few years to say who won with the MT recruiting class this year.
I agree with this, and after the early signing period I was thinking it seems too heavy on MT kids but maybe not? VIM probably has a great perspective on this but isn't the general thought that there usually only about five or less D1 caliber football players graduating from Montana HS schools on tee average year? Maybe this was an exceptional year, or maybe UM and MSU are overpaying and focusing too much on MT kids because they're from MT.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:24 pm

I would expect that the early signing period will always include more Montana kids. They usually aren't the ones holding out for FBS offers, and they are the ones that are happy to sign on at MSU or the other school.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:59 pm

91catAlum wrote:I would expect that the early signing period will always include more Montana kids. They usually aren't the ones holding out for FBS offers, and they are the ones that are happy to sign on at MSU or the other school.
Exactly. It's not a coincidence that all the MT recruits for both classes signed that first day. That is definitely the strategy. Lock down your MT kids, grab a few out of staters who will sign early who will fill needs. Then round out the rest of the class with laser focus and kids you need at certain positions. The Griz have about 10-12 more kids they will be bringing on board. I'm guessing the Cats have several as well. I think there will be some pleasant surprises still out there for both of us. This early signing provides those opportunities and I really like it.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:I would expect that the early signing period will always include more Montana kids. They usually aren't the ones holding out for FBS offers, and they are the ones that are happy to sign on at MSU or the other school.
Exactly. It's not a coincidence that all the MT recruits for both classes signed that first day. That is definitely the strategy. Lock down your MT kids, grab a few out of staters who will sign early who will fill needs. Then round out the rest of the class with laser focus and kids you need at certain positions. The Griz have about 10-12 more kids they will be bringing on board. I'm guessing the Cats have several as well. I think there will be some pleasant surprises still out there for both of us. This early signing provides those opportunities and I really like it.
Looks like to me the Grizz are following in Choates footsteps , which is a good thing in my opinion , they will need to
catch up . So in a couple years from now we can see the Bobcat grizz game played for the Great Divide as well as the
Big Sky Championship. We have a couple years headstart in Culture though ,and I don't think Choate will wait , so hurry
up and you can join us at the Top of the BSC. Will be good for the State of Montana.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 85CatGrad » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Looks like to me the Grizz are following in Choates footsteps , which is a good thing in my opinion , they will need to
catch up . So in a couple years from now we can see the Bobcat grizz game played for the Great Divide as well as the
Big Sky Championship. We have a couple years headstart in Culture though ,and I don't think Choate will wait , so hurry
up and you can join us at the Top of the BSC. Will be good for the State of Montana.
Nah. Take your time! I know I will enjoy the wait.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 pm

lutecat wrote:They won the instate numbers game so far but a lot of griz fans over on egriz lamenting that we have a much better class.

Like every good cat fan you over estimate all things blue and gold.
By ANY look at in-state, the cats got killed. Askelson is a top 3 player, but Turner & Sulser are better players. The next 4 top players all signed with UM. Graves, Quick, Germer and Curry. Look I have always said that numbers mean little until these players get to their Junior Year. But on Paper and watching film, this is the biggest ass kicking in-state recruiting battle in at least 20 years, Griz 6 of top 7 players. Oh and Janacaro is under rated.

As far as recruiting class, UM still has 9 or 10 Scholarships to be filled. I seriously doubt that the cat's out of state players will be better then what Hauck ends up signing. (On paper and video)

But then again, only time will truly tell who did a better job this year... Lets revisit in 3 years.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:

By ANY look at in-state, the cats got killed. Askelson is a top 3 player, but Turner & Sulser are better players. The next 4 top players all signed with UM. Graves, Quick, Germer and Curry. Look I have always said that numbers mean little until these players get to their Junior Year. But on Paper and watching film, this is the biggest ass kicking in-state recruiting battle in at least 20 years, Griz 6 of top 7 players. Oh and Janacaro is under rated.

As far as recruiting class, UM still has 9 or 10 Scholarships to be filled. I seriously doubt that the cat's out of state players will be better then what Hauck ends up signing. (On paper and video)

But then again, only time will truly tell who did a better job this year... Lets revisit in 3 years.
You are such a tool. The only legitimate thing you wrote here is that "only time will truly tell." These so called players ratings are completely subjective. Nice to look at, but don't mean squat until the players hit the field in college and play out their careers. How many times have we seen walk-ons beat out highly recruited top-10 players and go on to become legends? Like every good griz fan, you over estimate your football wisdom.
Last edited by AFCAT on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:

So to sum up, only time will tell who did a better job, but the griz did a better job.

Great post.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:17 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

So to sum up, only time will tell who did a better job, but the griz did a better job.

Great post.
Yeah, that and Montana kids aren’t important, except for when they are.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:15 am

Go Scats Go wrote:

The depths of your ignorance and narcissism know no bounds. Seriously, put down the pipe. Just put it down. Biggest ass-kicking in 20 years?! HAHAHA! Both schools have had bigger ass-kickings in the last 6 or 7 years alone. Sulser is undoubtedly the top recruit this year, but Askelson is a better Hager than Turner and I think will turn out better than Sulser too. Just like a couple years ago, UM looks like they got some top-heavy recruits, but I think the Cats got the better 5-15 players that fit our scheme better and will likely turn out to be a better class in the end. That’s my opinion, but I don’t feel the need to troll my rival’s board and put down a bunch of high school kids in order to make myself feel better about being a total douchebag loser. And that’s not opinion, that’s fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO CATS GO!!!

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:22 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

The depths of your ignorance and narcissism know no bounds. Seriously, put down the pipe. Just put it down. Biggest ass-kicking in 20 years?! HAHAHA! Both schools have had bigger ass-kickings in the last 6 or 7 years alone. Sulser is undoubtedly the top recruit this year, but Askelson is a better Hager than Turner and I think will turn out better than Sulser too. Just like a couple years ago, UM looks like they got some top-heavy recruits, but I think the Cats got the better 5-15 players that fit our scheme better and will likely turn out to be a better class in the end. That’s my opinion, but I don’t feel the need to troll my rival’s board and put down a bunch of high school kids in order to make myself feel better about being a total douchebag loser. And that’s not opinion, that’s fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know your winning a debate when the other side starts name calling... douche bag

So show us your brilliance and name one year in the last 20 when either UM or the cats had 6 of the top 7 In-state recruits.

And I never put down any high school recruits, I said time will tell. But on paper and video UM killed msu in-state. Try reading sometime then your posts won’t sound so stupid.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:29 am

I would say that there’s a consensus among college coaches in Montana that Askelson and Winterburn are two of the top five players in the state. Estes isn’t too far off.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber