Bryce Sterk, Buck

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Bryce Sterk, Buck

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:38 am

I wanted this in its own thread. If Sterk can come in and be the difference maker that this coaching staff believes at Buck, it could change a lot of things on our defense.

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S
Anderson/Hadley/Chapman fight for SLB

Will be a fun spring to say the least with Sterk and Jonsen (QB) here

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bryce Sterk, Buck

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:45 am

Holy crap guys...we have depth! And quality, experienced depth!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:46 am

VimSince03 wrote:Holy crap guys...we have depth! And quality, experienced depth!
Never thought I'd see the day!!!

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:48 am

Loaded for Bear. We are gonna kick their a$$ for years to come! This is going to be fun.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:49 am

Bozcat003 wrote:I wanted this in its own thread. If Sterk can come in and be the difference maker that this coaching staff believes at Buck, it could change a lot of things on our defense.

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

I still worry about Collins at Mike in coverage.

Man. Too many players I want to start that can't.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:04 pm

As much as Gregorak rotates defensive players I'm not sure it matters as much who starts. Lots of guys play. Add to that the inevitable injuries and you really need two guys at every position who have the talent to start. I think with this class we might be getting close.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:I wanted this in its own thread. If Sterk can come in and be the difference maker that this coaching staff believes at Buck, it could change a lot of things on our defense.

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

Not sure what you mean by this, but Troy Anderson will have a starting spot 'somewhere' on the team. I don't believe that is in question. So if you're suggesting that he will not be a starter I strongly disagree.
My expectation for Hadley is the same, but since he hasn't taken a collegiate 'gameday' snap, it is only an expectation.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:13 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

Not sure what you mean by this, but Troy Anderson will have a starting spot 'somewhere' on the team. I don't believe that is in question. So if you're suggesting that he will not be a starter I strongly disagree.
My expectation for Hadley is the same, but since he hasn't taken a collegiate 'gameday' snap, it is only an expectation.
Troy will have to compete for a LB spot. Just like he would have to compete for a RB spot. Regardless, he will see the field plenty.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:19 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

Troy will have to compete for a LB spot. Just like he would have to compete for a RB spot. Regardless, he will see the field plenty.
Totally agree, he and anyone else will need to earn their spot on the team. Just saying that Troy will 'earn' a starting spot somewhere on the team, whatever that position is.

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 85CatGrad » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:36 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

Totally agree, he and anyone else will need to earn their spot on the team. Just saying that Troy will 'earn' a starting spot somewhere on the team, whatever that position is.
Let's not get hung up on "who starts". I would expect each will see a lot of playing time. Simply too much talent to leave any one of them on the bench.

catsack

Post by catsack » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:40 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

Hadley played as true freshman!

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:51 pm

catsack wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

I thought he 'redshirted' in 2016, and tore his acl in the spring of 2017 and sat out all season.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:54 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
catsack wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

I thought he 'redshirted' in 2016, and tore his acl in the spring of 2017 and sat out all season.
He played little enough that he could redshirt.

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:00 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
catsack wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

Learn something new every day I guess. I thought if you just 'stepped on the field and played 1 down', then you burned your redshirt year (unless you had some kind of medical/injury that occurred before you had significant snaps). Thanks for the info.

85CatGrad

Post by 85CatGrad » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:08 pm

catsack wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

Hadley is a beast. He will be a Bobcat great if he stays healthy.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:15 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
catsack wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:

For example:

Sterk becomes buck
Collins moves to MLB
Hill moves to WLB
Konkol moves to S

Learn something new every day I guess. I thought if you just 'stepped on the field and played 1 down', then you burned your redshirt year (unless you had some kind of medical/injury that occurred before you had significant snaps). Thanks for the info.
Hadley did technically get hurt as a true freshman. Believe that helped.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:28 pm

To get back to Bryce, here is his hudl: https://www.hudl.com/profile/1411229/bryce-sterk/videos. Its fun!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:10 pm

The way he moves on his feet and his speed I almost wonder if they won't put him at MLB lol.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:10 pm

technoCat wrote:The way he moves on his feet and his speed I almost wonder if they won't put him at MLB lol.
Pass rusher!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:43 pm

Wow, just the improvement from his Junior year to his Senior year is impressive. He increased in size/explosion/speed big time just in a year. So if he has another year or 2 under his belt now he could be even better. He will make a great addition to our front 7 this year!