Tyler Natee (and one more) Commits Thread.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Re: Tyler Natee (and one more) Commits Thread.

Post by catgrad05 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:37 pm

spring creek cat wrote:Just to start conversation, does anyone think that at 260 he is to heavy to be RB. Didn't he start at IU at around 220? I am definitely impressed with his athletism and power, but at what weight does some of that diminish? Or does it ? Just posting for conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends, do you think Troy is too tall to be an effective rb? :-^

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Transfers look good. Impressed with the recruiting. "The best class yet!" :lol:

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:49 pm

bpcats20 wrote:

Well if this one today isn’t Sterk than I don’t know who it would be. I’d say that’s four in three days

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 pm

spring creek cat wrote:Just to start conversation, does anyone think that at 260 he is to heavy to be RB. Didn't he start at IU at around 220? I am definitely impressed with his athletism and power, but at what weight does some of that diminish? Or does it ? Just posting for conversation

He started the season at 280 and lost weight down to 260.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Montanabob wrote:

Jerome Bettis, he played at 250ish or Christian Okoye, about the same size as Natee. At 260 he'll be steam rolling DT's, maybe not as nimble as he was at 220 or 230. Can't wait till next fall.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:47 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

Jerome Bettis, he played at 250ish or Christian Okoye, about the same size as Natee. At 260 he'll be steam rolling DT's, maybe not as nimble as he was at 220 or 230. Can't wait till next fall.
He was a scout teamer last season. I believe he saw playing time his freshman year so maybe his weight being down is better for him.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:54 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

The Bus and the Nigerian Nightmare. A couple fellas who brought the game to the defense.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:Cripes it’s just a play on his name. His last name is Natee and some people call the national championship the natty. So...oh, never mind. :lol:
Better be careful or people will start mistaking you for utcats :lol:
I’m booking my plane tickets to Frisco as we speak.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Javorski Lane when we played Texas A&M was about 260.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:24 am

CelticCat wrote:Javorski Lane when we played Texas A&M was about 260.
Oh yeah, that's a name I remember... great football name!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:08 am

utucats wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:Cripes it’s just a play on his name. His last name is Natee and some people call the national championship the natty. So...oh, never mind. :lol:
Better be careful or people will start mistaking you for utcats :lol:
I’m booking my plane tickets to Frisco as we speak.
Haha good man =D^

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:20 am

Ironhead Heyward went about 260. I think it was him who said, "If we need 1 yard-I'll get 3. If we need 10 yards-I'll get 3."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:44 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Ironhead Heyward went about 260. I think it was him who said, "If we need 1 yard-I'll get 3. If we need 10 yards-I'll get 3."

:lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:59 am

mslacatfan wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:06 pm

https://twitter.com/OfficialTNatee/status/943571220552998912

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:33 pm

https://twitter.com/gregrachac/status/943609495057440768

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:57 am

C.J. Palmer played here at 250. Jehuu Cauldrick played at the other MSU weighing 255. Ron Dayne played at 260+. A bust in the NFL but he tore it up in college. Jerome Bettis was already mentioned in this thread. He was listed at 250, but he played for the Steelers who traditionally weigh a guy at signing and then never change his listed weight again. He was 260+ for the second half of his career, and an effective situational player at 280 in his last year. Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala averaged over 5 ypc every year of his career at Utah, and did so playing at weights that ranged from 270 up to at least 280. Ironhead, another guy who was already mentioned in his thread, was actually way bigger than you guys think. He was over 300 pounds during his senior year and reported played as high as 340 during his pro career. If you've ever wondered what it would look like to hand the ball to a nose guard ten times a game, well, the answer is that it would look like this. And apparently it was effective, too, because Ironhead averaged over 4 ypc during each of his three years in Atlanta.

I guess if you want my short answer, it's no. I don't think 260 is too heavy to be an effective running back.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:20 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

C.J. Palmer played here at 250. Jehuu Cauldrick played at the other MSU weighing 255. Ron Dayne played at 260+. A bust in the NFL but he tore it up in college. Jerome Bettis was already mentioned in this thread. He was listed at 250, but he played for the Steelers who traditionally weigh a guy at signing and then never change his listed weight again. He was 260+ for the second half of his career, and an effective situational player at 280 in his last year. Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala averaged over 5 ypc every year of his career at Utah, and did so playing at weights that ranged from 270 up to at least 280. Ironhead, another guy who was already mentioned in his thread, was actually way bigger than you guys think. He was over 300 pounds during his senior year and reported played as high as 340 during his pro career. If you've ever wondered what it would look like to hand the ball to a nose guard ten times a game, well, the answer is that it would look like this. And apparently it was effective, too, because Ironhead averaged over 4 ypc during each of his three years in Atlanta.

I guess if you want my short answer, it's no. I don't think 260 is too heavy to be an effective running back.
My guess is that he will be dropping a few lbs between now and next fall!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:16 am

Good points Black n Blue. Not sure if he was mentioned above as I didn't read the entire thread but Blount is another that comes to mind, 250 ish and huge success at college level and NFL.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!