Tyler Natee (and one more) Commits Thread.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Tyler Natee (and one more) Commits Thread.

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:53 pm

iaafan wrote:Cripes it’s just a play on his name. His last name is Natee and some people call the national championship the natty. So...oh, never mind. :lol:
Got it, over my head the first time. My bad.... 8-[

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:54 pm

iaafan wrote:Cripes it’s just a play on his name. His last name is Natee and some people call the national championship the natty. So...oh, never mind. :lol:
Better be careful or people will start mistaking you for utcats :lol:

msufaithful
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by msufaithful » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:35 pm

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Hand the Horse the ball and get out of the way! He obviously doesn't mind playing running back or he wouldn't be committing. All the film, so far, shows him in QB/Wildcat formations. If Coach wants a straight ahead thumper with a quick burst, I think he found his man. A lefty, I see some fun halfback passes in our future play calls. They better eat an extra bowl of Wheaties before trying to tackle him. I enjoyed his interviews, I will bet he becomes one fun personalities on the team very quickly!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:59 pm

Check out him playing option QB especially at 4:50 mark.(number 2)

As a side note: Antoine Custer, who plays for EWU and had 149 yards against MSU, is number 28 for Da La Salle.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Got it, over my head the first time. My bad.... 8-[
Same here. :-#

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:25 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:Could we maybe see him move to defense??? He would be interesting at defensive tackle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think with this signing we will more likely see Troy playing more on the defensive side of the ball.

Especially if they also sign Zion Echols. The Cats are going to have a pretty amazing collection of running backs next year with the incoming freshman, transfers, and veterans.
This, otherwise we will still see Anderson with offensive reps.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:49 pm

kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:Could we maybe see him move to defense??? He would be interesting at defensive tackle!

I think with this signing we will more likely see Troy playing more on the defensive side of the ball.

Especially if they also sign Zion Echols. The Cats are going to have a pretty amazing collection of running backs next year with the incoming freshman, transfers, and veterans.
What if I told you.....

IF.....we sign the Dropdown/JC QB AND both he and/or Rovig surpass Murray on the depth chart this spring/summer, Murray will be the one filling the Troy Anderson role in the offense.

I'm not suggesting it's a probable scenario, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibilities.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:54 pm

wbtfg wrote:
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:

What if I told you.....

IF.....we sign the Dropdown/JC QB AND both he and/or Rovig surpass Murray on the depth chart this spring/summer, Murray will be the one filling the Troy Anderson role in the offense.

I'm not suggesting it's a probable scenario, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibilities.
Interesting... But without Murray as the QB in the option, defenses won't respect it and will key on the pitchman.
Rovig option to Murray < Murray option to Andersen.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:54 pm

wbtfg wrote:
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:

What if I told you.....

Murray getting to do the thing he does best....running. I'm all in on moving him to Andersen's role on offense.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:55 pm

91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:

What if I told you.....

Interesting... But without Murray as the QB in the option, defenses won't respect it and will key on the pitchman.
The QB transfer we are potentially getting is a dual-threat, read-option QB.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:56 pm

91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:

What if I told you.....

I think you're forgetting about Jonsen. He was rated the #3 dual threat QB in the country out of high school. Ranked ahead of Jackson from Louisville who won the Heisman last year. Jonsen/Murray option could work.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:58 pm

wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:

What if I told you.....

I think you're forgetting about Jonsen. He was rated the #3 dual threat QB in the country out of high school. Ranked ahead of Jackson from Louisville who won the Heisman last year. Jonsen/Murray option could work.
Right, I was assuming Rovig will win the job. Wasn't thinking about Jonsen.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:00 pm

wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:

What if I told you.....

And before the Tyler Bruggman comparisons start...just stop. They are completely different QB's with similar paths to MSU. That is all.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Rovig isn’t exactly a slow dude himself.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:45 pm

This is a special young man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjHVFCdCxEw

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Natee is the real deal, GROUND AND POUND, being that big, that quick and has agility. Welcome to MSU!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:45 pm

He seems like the perfect back for MSU’s offense. You can do so many things around him. You simply can’t not crowd the box unless the down and distance is second and 10; third and 7 or worse. Virtually every down and distance favors MSU.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:00 pm

TomCat88 wrote:He seems like the perfect back for MSU’s offense. You can do so many things around him. You simply can’t not crowd the box unless the down and distance is second and 10; third and 7 or worse. Virtually every down and distance favors MSU.
A big worry for me after this season was how we were going to replace Mitch Herbert. But with Murray, Natee, and Troy Andersen in the backfield we may not have to throw it at all. Somewhere from up above, Cliff Hysell is smiling. =D^

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Just to start conversation, does anyone think that at 260 he is to heavy to be RB. Didn't he start at IU at around 220? I am definitely impressed with his athletism and power, but at what weight does some of that diminish? Or does it ? Just posting for conversation