Tyler Natee (and one more) Commits Thread.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Tyler Natee (and one more) Commits Thread.

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 pm

[tweet]www.twitter.com/CoachChoate_MSU/status/ ... 3015365632[/tweet]

I would bet it's Echols and Natee.

Awesome.
Last edited by bobcat99 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Boom! Boom!

Post by wbtfg » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:34 pm

bobcat99 wrote:

I would bet it's Echols and Natee.

Awesome.
Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:25 pm

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/942973835967524864

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Last edited by kwcat on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:36 pm

\:D/ A big welcome to "Big Bacon." \:D/

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Welcome!!!

I'm guessing he'll play the fullback spot that we used Leota this season??

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Have fun tackling that guy.... :lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:49 pm

mslacatfan wrote:Have fun tackling that guy.... :lol:
Jeesh...some of those runs against those high school defenses were just unfair, and those are presumably some pretty good teams they're going up against.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:05 pm

MSU01 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:Have fun tackling that guy.... :lol:
Jeesh...some of those runs against those high school defenses were just unfair, and those are presumably some pretty good teams they're going up against.
And he's 30 lbs heavier now. :shock:

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 pm

91catAlum wrote:Welcome!!!

I'm guessing he'll play the fullback spot that we used Leota this season??
I'm a bit confused too, because that wasn't a package used all that often. Maybe more power running next year and more option looks with a FB dive option at times?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Tyler Natee (and one more) Commits Thread.

Post by spring creek cat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 pm

Could we maybe see him move to defense??? He would be interesting at defensive tackle!

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:06 am

spring creek cat wrote:Could we maybe see him move to defense??? He would be interesting at defensive tackle!

I think with this signing we will more likely see Troy playing more on the defensive side of the ball.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:29 am

Bobcat Jim wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:Could we maybe see him move to defense??? He would be interesting at defensive tackle!

I think with this signing we will more likely see Troy playing more on the defensive side of the ball.

Especially if they also sign Zion Echols. The Cats are going to have a pretty amazing collection of running backs next year with the incoming freshman, transfers, and veterans.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:28 am

Sounds like he has three years to play three. He was injured early last season and didn’t play, according to the Indianapolis Star. 3-Star rating from 247.

2017 (Sophomore): Did not see any game action in 2017 ... two-time scout team player of the week (Michigan and Michigan State).

2016 Honors: Honorable mention BTN.com All-Freshman ... Big Ten Freshman of the Week (Maryland).

2016 (Freshman): Appeared in 10 games at running back and quarterback ... rushed for 237 yards on 61 attempts with two touchdowns ... caught one pass for four yards and did not complete his one passing attempt ... recorded 111 yards on 18 carries (6.2 average) with one TD in the Maryland win ... tallied 38 yards on 10 rushes in the victory over No. 17 Michigan State ... IU offensive player of the week (Maryland).

I’m not sure Choate was indicating two players committed. Could be he thinks Natee is both thunder and lightning wrapped up in one player. Some good potential nicknames going here. Nasty Natee. Naughty Natee. TNT (Troy and Tyler). Indiana fans called Natee and their starting QB bacon and legs.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 am

TomCat88 wrote:Sounds like he has three years to play three. He was injured early last season and didn’t play, according to the Indianapolis Star. 3-Star rating from 247.

2017 (Sophomore): Did not see any game action in 2017 ... two-time scout team player of the week (Michigan and Michigan State).

2016 Honors: Honorable mention BTN.com All-Freshman ... Big Ten Freshman of the Week (Maryland).

2016 (Freshman): Appeared in 10 games at running back and quarterback ... rushed for 237 yards on 61 attempts with two touchdowns ... caught one pass for four yards and did not complete his one passing attempt ... recorded 111 yards on 18 carries (6.2 average) with one TD in the Maryland win ... tallied 38 yards on 10 rushes in the victory over No. 17 Michigan State ... IU offensive player of the week (Maryland).

I’m not sure Choate was indicating two players committed. Could be he thinks Natee is both thunder and lightning wrapped up in one player. Some good potential nicknames going here. Nasty Natee. Naughty Natee. TNT (Troy and Tyler). Indiana fans called Natee and their starting QB bacon and legs.
Two players committed last night.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:57 am

AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:

Especially if they also sign Zion Echols. The Cats are going to have a pretty amazing collection of running backs next year with the incoming freshman, transfers, and veterans.

Why sign echols if you get Natee?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:19 am

Montanabob wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:

Why sign echols if you get Natee?
Two completely different players. Echols is more of a slotback than running back. One is big...one is fast....thunder and lightning.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:34 am

VimSince03 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Sounds like he has three years to play three. He was injured early last season and didn’t play, according to the Indianapolis Star. 3-Star rating from 247.

That’s three in two days correct? One known and two unknown/unconfirmed who

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:43 am

catgrad05 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

That’s three in two days correct? One known and two unknown/unconfirmed who
Correct.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:45 am

Jody Owens tweeeted "kid is legit... Big time get for the Cats"

So that's good to hear!