Tyler Natee (and one more) Commits Thread.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Tyler Natee (and one more) Commits Thread.

Post by Montanabob » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:26 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:Just to start conversation, does anyone think that at 260 he is to heavy to be RB. Didn't he start at IU at around 220? I am definitely impressed with his athletism and power, but at what weight does some of that diminish? Or does it ? Just posting for conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C.J. Palmer played here at 250. Jehuu Cauldrick played at the other MSU weighing 255. Ron Dayne played at 260+. A bust in the NFL but he tore it up in college. Jerome Bettis was already mentioned in this thread. He was listed at 250, but he played for the Steelers who traditionally weigh a guy at signing and then never change his listed weight again. He was 260+ for the second half of his career, and an effective situational player at 280 in his last year. Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala averaged over 5 ypc every year of his career at Utah, and did so playing at weights that ranged from 270 up to at least 280. Ironhead, another guy who was already mentioned in his thread, was actually way bigger than you guys think. He was over 300 pounds during his senior year and reported played as high as 340 during his pro career. If you've ever wondered what it would look like to hand the ball to a nose guard ten times a game, well, the answer is that it would look like this. And apparently it was effective, too, because Ironhead averaged over 4 ypc during each of his three years in Atlanta.

I guess if you want my short answer, it's no. I don't think 260 is too heavy to be an effective running back.
My guess is that he will be dropping a few lbs between now and next fall!
I doubt it. He played at 260. Came into camp at 280.
I would expect him to get a lot of carries up the Middle in first half and destroy the middle.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:32 pm

By the end of the year, I expect Cat fans to be calling him Tyler Nastee. Opponents will probably pick a nickname like "dammit, not him again!"

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Still think we need a Cody Kirk type runner to make this offense go. Without Murray running the ball don’t know what we have as a running game.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:06 pm

bpcats20 wrote:Still think we need a Cody Kirk type runner to make this offense go. Without Murray running the ball don’t know what we have as a running game.
Every running back last year averaged over 5 yards a carry...some 6. Logan Jones was around 4. The running game is in very good shape. Tyler Natee will only add to that.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:53 am

catatac wrote:Good points Black n Blue. Not sure if he was mentioned above as I didn't read the entire thread but Blount is another that comes to mind, 250 ish and huge success at college level and NFL.
And one heck of a right cross.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:07 pm

I believe C.J. Palmer could have been something special if he had not been so limited by migraines. Too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:49 am

One of the cool things about college sports is that players come in different shapes and sizes. You don’t need to fit the prototype so much to be good. I think he’s a good fit for your system. He looks just as fast as LaSane, is he?

Go Dark Brandon!!

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 am

I'm not exactly sure, but somewhere I think I read 4.65

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 am

bpcats20 wrote:Still think we need a Cody Kirk type runner to make this offense go. Without Murray running the ball don’t know what we have as a running game.
What makes you think Murray won't run the ball?

Plus, I have all the love in the world for Cody Kirk, but it's not like he's the only good back the Cats ever had. The running game was in fine hands when Demetrius Crawford was the starter, and he's nothing at all like Cody Kirk. Tony Boddie was nothing like Kirk, either. Even Ryan Johnson wasn't that much like Kirk.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers