10/2 Boom - Derryk Snell (Alaska commit)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: 10/2 Boom - Alaska recruit?

Post by bobcatfan123 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:23 am

Easy to spot derryk in the hudl video. He is a man amoungst boys. Welcome to Montana state derryk.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:43 am

Hawks86 wrote:
The 6-foot-2, 230-pound Snell plays running back and wide receiver but was recruited to play tight end
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/b ... f2137.html
I come cheap, but I can be hired! 8)

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:56 pm

MSU01, can you please modify your subject line to include Derryk Snell's name?

It's your duty when posting booms after the commitment has been identified.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:22 pm

arvcat2 wrote:MSU01, can you please modify your subject line to include Derryk Snell's name?

To MSU01, I suspect there will be some new BOOM's forthcoming and in your rush to be the first to post the Twitter Boom, hope you find the time to edit your subject line once the kid is identified :shrug:

mboston33
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mboston33 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:26 pm

ARVCAT2 :D :D :D :D :D ;

STRANGE COINCIDENCE. SNELL WAS NOTICED BY ME LAST YEAR. i WROTE SEVERAL EMAILS TO KANE IONE but nothing happened. Who ever recruits Alaska should turn up the heat. Every year there are players who would die to go to MSU>

Chugiak HS is a high school where I coached for 15 years. 2400 kids, then, and they Split it into 2 high schools and killed football program. I loved DC job there. Spent 15 years there. 2 State titles and 5 2nd places in fb. Great football fans except for the GRIZ fans.

If you remember Yo Humphery, stud for GRIZ. I coached him for 4 years. Another lost GRIZ recruit lost. I tried to get Hysell/Kramer to take him. He was a STUD> But no interest.

Derryk Snell is a STUD BEAST> Could be an all time great if we treat him well. Good luck Derryk, a CHUGIAK HS MUSTANG INTO THE BLUE AND GOLD.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:MSU01, can you please modify your subject line to include Derryk Snell's name?

To MSU01, I suspect there will be some new BOOM's forthcoming and in your rush to be the first to post the Twitter Boom, hope you find the time to edit your subject line once the kid is identified :shrug:

Send him/her a PM.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 pm

mboston33 wrote:ARVCAT2 :D :D :D :D :D ;

STRANGE COINCIDENCE. SNELL WAS NOTICED BY ME LAST YEAR. i WROTE SEVERAL EMAILS TO KANE IONE but nothing happened. Who ever recruits Alaska should turn up the heat. Every year there are players who would die to go to MSU>

Chugiak HS is a high school where I coached for 15 years. 2400 kids, then, and they Split it into 2 high schools and killed football program. I loved DC job there. Spent 15 years there. 2 State titles and 5 2nd places in fb. Great football fans except for the GRIZ fans.

If you remember Yo Humphery, stud for GRIZ. I coached him for 4 years. Another lost GRIZ recruit lost. I tried to get Hysell/Kramer to take him. He was a STUD> But no interest.

Derryk Snell is a STUD BEAST> Could be an all time great if we treat him well. Good luck Derryk, a CHUGIAK HS MUSTANG INTO THE BLUE AND GOLD.
Mr. Boston,
Thanks for your efforts in trying to get your Alaska prospects on MSU's radar! Those kids up there seem to be a logical fit for the Cats. To toot my own horn, I am the only one to rate Troy Andersen as the best recruit last year on this board and I'd rate Mr. Snell as easily this classes best recruit, should he sign. Also, to bore the youngster posters, I so remember you and Bob Banaugh, Missoula Sentinel & Hellgate grads respectively, being outstanding safeties at the end of the Gatton Field era with my $5 knot hole season pass. You guys helped to bring the Cats back, at that time!
Last edited by arvcat2 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:18 pm

arvcat2 wrote:

Changed now. I'm guessing that this thread fell off the first page quite quickly given the greatly increased volume of posting during the season, so I forgot to update it. I was not "in a rush" to post this, but saw the Twitter post and as many others have done in the past figured that those on here who don't use Twitter would be interested. I tend to agree with the poster who suggested sending a PM in the future instead of bumping a two-month old thread that likely wouldn't have seen the light of day ever again, especially with Snell's info now prominently posted in the pinned recruiting thread.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: 10/2 Boom - Derryk Snell (Alaska commit)

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:37 pm

But can he play in cold weather? :lol:

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:But can he play in cold weather? :lol:
wrong question: Can he play in balmy weather??? :lol:

mboston33
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mboston33 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Arvcat2:

Thanks for kudos. Snell will make it big if he stays healthy. My Alaska scouts says he is one of the best produced in Alaska.

Bob Banaugh was from Missoula Loyola Class B AND WERE LOADED Wish I could have played in Missoula with him. Bob Banaugh was one of the best players ever for CATS> Underrated by a long ways. Two time All Big Sky. It was a pleasure to play beside him for 2 years. During CATS 1960-1980, CATS ruled. Nice pick on Troy. He already reminds me of a faster version of Cody Kirk. I love that kid already.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:31 pm

Finally caught up with Derryk Snell

Alaska star Snell anxiously awaits finally becoming a Bobcat
https://skylinesportsmt.com/alaska-star ... -a-bobcat/

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Cats need this kind of swagger.
https://twitter.com/AlaskanAthlete/status/972374102408232962

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:50 am

AFCAT wrote:Cats need this kind of swagger.
https://twitter.com/AlaskanAthlete/status/972374102408232962

That’s the conference semifinal game. May have locked up a berth at the State 4A tourney.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber