Troy Andersen

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Andersen

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:00 am

Team10 wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:I think there is a rb transfer the coaching staff has in mind this off season... https://twitter.com/Maleekbarkley14/status/1007442752403984384

I pulled some film on him, very impressive player. I wonder how many more scholies the Cats have left though. :-k
Am I missing something about this kid having interest in MSU?
Looks like a very good player and obviously I see he’s leaving Arkansas, but is there a connection to MSU?
Choate, DM, and Armstrong are all following him on Twitter... :-k

Some of the players too, and not ones from his home state of Texas. I wonder if he came for a visit.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:14 am

AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:I think there is a rb transfer the coaching staff has in mind this off season... https://twitter.com/Maleekbarkley14/status/1007442752403984384

I pulled some film on him, very impressive player. I wonder how many more scholies the Cats have left though. :-k
Am I missing something about this kid having interest in MSU?
Looks like a very good player and obviously I see he’s leaving Arkansas, but is there a connection to MSU?
Choate, DM, and Armstrong are all following him on Twitter... :-k

Some of the players too, and not ones from his home state of Texas. I wonder if he came for a visit.
Barkley was originally recruited as a receiver to the hogs, and then he was moved to RB from WR by the new staff at Arkansas.
https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/maleek ... o-transfer
Is he looking for a home where he can be a wide receiver?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:23 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:What type of receiver would a 6'3" (conservative I believe) 220 lb. kid with this type of speed make? Great hands we already know and I don't believe I've ever seen a high school team, let alone college, drop as many passes as this team the last two years.
He could be great if we had a legitimate passing game.
Do you ever wonder how a kid can go from completing almost every pass he throws in high school to not being able to complete half of them? Have you ever asked why a pass that hits the receiver in the hands but somehow winds up on the ground counts against the quarterback? If the Cats have to throw it 10 times a game this year I'm going to be pissed at the line and running backs effort.

Yeah, me too, and wouldn't it be great if every receiver was 7 ft tall with a 3 foot vertical to catch all those overthrown balls too???
Dude, we get it. You're not a fan of Murray and think Rovig is the next DMac. You've run Murray down enough on Bobcat Nation. Next time you go to make (yet another) post slamming Murray, please take Herm Edwards advise and "don't press send"! ](*,)

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:38 am

grizzh8r wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:What type of receiver would a 6'3" (conservative I believe) 220 lb. kid with this type of speed make? Great hands we already know and I don't believe I've ever seen a high school team, let alone college, drop as many passes as this team the last two years.
Do you ever wonder how a kid can go from completing almost every pass he throws in high school to not being able to complete half of them? Have you ever asked why a pass that hits the receiver in the hands but somehow winds up on the ground counts against the quarterback? If the Cats have to throw it 10 times a game this year I'm going to be pissed at the line and running backs effort.

Yeah, me too, and wouldn't it be great if every receiver was 7 ft tall with a 3 foot vertical to catch all those overthrown balls too???
Dude, we get it. You're not a fan of Murray and think Rovig is the next DMac. You've run Murray down enough on Bobcat Nation. Next time you go to make (yet another) post slamming Murray, please take Herm Edwards advise and "don't press send"! ](*,)
I took his post more in the light of the blame goes both ways.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:30 am

allcat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

I took his post more in the light of the blame goes both ways.
Thats exactly how it was intended, but I get it, some guys have an ax to grind. I have said as much if not more that Murray is our best bet at QB now. I have also said that everyone believes that our passing game is less than adequate (less than 50%). IF Murray can elevate I am happy as a clam at high tide...if not, I have NO RESERVATIONS with finding a QB who can and putting Murray into a position that allows him to be a dagger on the offence.

Regarding Cole's comments on Murray, that's encouraging to hear...but we also heard how Bruggemann was a magnificent passer too.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:31 am

Montanabob wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
kwcat wrote:I think Troy will be in the #1 rotation for running back with Logan Jones and Tyler Natee. JMO.
I realize Natee is expected to be more of a fb but I believe, if he loses some weight, you will see him as more of a pure rb.
I have no reason to believe Jones will not be the main back.

These three are the only RBs will meaningful D1 experience.
Hopeful on the incoming hs guys. Maybe most redshirt unless they have had great off seasons.
I don’t think Natee is supposed to be a FB.

Nobody has said that.
NATEE was recruited as our power fullback - what makes you say he wasn't? Read all of Choate's comments.
Oh and he was a QB so expect to see a few trick plays with Natee in Wild Cat....
If you want to get specific, he’s a dive back. You aren’t going to run very many sweeps with him. A FB in an option offense like we run isn’t the same as a traditional FB like Fitgerald is. You’re not going to see Natee acting as the lead blocking back on the majority of his plays. I mean, a FB at Georgia Tech is a RB at any other offense. So in my mind, he’s a RB.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:34 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
kwcat wrote:I think Troy will be in the #1 rotation for running back with Logan Jones and Tyler Natee. JMO.
I realize Natee is expected to be more of a fb but I believe, if he loses some weight, you will see him as more of a pure rb.

Hopeful on the incoming hs guys. Maybe most redshirt unless they have had great off seasons.

Nobody has said that.
NATEE was recruited as our power fullback - what makes you say he wasn't? Read all of Choate's comments.
Oh and he was a QB so expect to see a few trick plays with Natee in Wild Cat....
If you want to get specific, he’s a dive back. You aren’t going to run very many sweeps with him. A FB in an option offense like we run isn’t the same as a traditional FB like Fitgerald is. You’re not going to see Natee acting as the lead blocking back on the majority of his plays. I mean, a FB at Georgia Tech is a RB at any other offense. So in my mind, he’s a RB.
Thanks Coach 99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:28 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Nobody has said that.
You guys bickering are funny. Plus, I think you got the wrong sport...

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is ... 66&bih=662

Are you talking about a judging contest for the Brewery in Wibaux? They claim to have the best tasting...

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Hope I am not the only that logs in 10 times a day with the hopes that there is a new thread about Maleek Barkley officially joining the Cats..... [-o<

Punters are people too!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:56 pm

GoCats18 wrote:Hope I am not the only that logs in 10 times a day with the hopes that there is a new thread about Maleek Barkley officially joining the Cats..... [-o<
From what I hear, it’s a #donedeal.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:01 pm

GoCats18 wrote:Hope I am not the only that logs in 10 times a day with the hopes that there is a new thread about Maleek Barkley officially joining the Cats..... [-o<

That funny. I’ve been hitting his twitter page on a regular basis.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:40 pm

wbtfg wrote:

Let's hope his visit this weekend goes well.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Let's hope his visit this weekend goes well.
Obviously getting a little speculative here, but is the thought that he’d be a WR or a RB?
A play maker is a play maker and I’ll take it no doubt, I just know there’s been talk of the staff going hard after a receiver or two to shore that position up a bit before this next season.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:53 am

I would think WR. We have a lot of RB's coming in this fall.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:54 am

PHAT CAT wrote:I would think WR. We have a lot of RB's coming in this fall.
I think he’s slot.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:18 pm

There are a lot of kids like Elvis Apkla or Beau Sandland standing on the sidelines of Power 5 schools who would love to spend a couple years getting decent play time at MSU. Waiting for an announcement of a couple receiver transfers.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:26 pm

wbtfg wrote:
I think he’s slot.

He ran a 10.59 100 meter in high school. Looks likes he could play any receiver position or RB and I bet that's exactly what the Cats would do with him.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 pm

AFCAT wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
I think he’s slot.

He ran a 10.59 100 meter in high school. Looks likes he could play any receiver position or RB and I bet that's exactly what the Cats would do with him.
That would be the 3rd position brought to him in his illustrious but SHORT career. Wherever it is, offence, defence, or water boy, get him a spot and lock him in! 8)

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:38 am

Cat Grad wrote:There are a lot of kids like Elvis Apkla or Beau Sandland standing on the sidelines of Power 5 schools who would love to spend a couple years getting decent play time at MSU. Waiting for an announcement of a couple receiver transfers.
Yeah at least 2-300 hundo of those kids sitting around.

Are we still pretending you’re a cat fan?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:18 am

Cat Grad wrote:There are a lot of kids like Elvis Apkla or Beau Sandland standing on the sidelines of Power 5 schools who would love to spend a couple years getting decent play time at MSU. Waiting for an announcement of a couple receiver transfers.
It would be great to luck into a legit FBS talented receiver that was the right fit for MSU, but personally I have a lot of confidence in the receivers we currently have on the roster.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!