Fan Question Friday

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatEquipment
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Fan Question Friday

Post by BobcatEquipment » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:01 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:Hey equipment folks, do you carry an extra jersey for each player on the road in case of issues during the game?

With roster and number turnover, we don’t always have a backup for every member of the team. We do pack backup jerseys though. So if a receiver goes down, we have an eligible number on standby. We also have backup pads and helmets.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:51 pm

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/924004543490269184

BobcatEquipment
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatEquipment » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:07 am

I know we kinda fell off last week, but we are back for another Fan Question Friday here and on twitter.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:19 am

BobcatEquipment wrote:I know we kinda fell off last week, but we are back for another Fan Question Friday here and on twitter.
I heard you on Cat Chat this week.
I was wondering do you use the Semi-truck trailer for away games because it didn't sound like it, it sounds like everything is put in the plane and on bus games you use a u-haul. If you don't use that for road games what is it used for.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

BobcatEquipment
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatEquipment » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:24 am

cats2506 wrote:
BobcatEquipment wrote:I know we kinda fell off last week, but we are back for another Fan Question Friday here and on twitter.
I heard you on Cat Chat this week.
I was wondering do you use the Semi-truck trailer for away games because it didn't sound like it, it sounds like everything is put in the plane and on bus games you use a u-haul. If you don't use that for road games what is it used for.

You listened huh? That was our director of equipment Justin on cat chat. He leaves the social media and internet stuff to me, the assistant director. Glad you heard him!

We do not use the Semi at this time. We will uhaul equipment to the plane and fly it or throw it on a uhaul and drive it. EWU and WSU we drove a uhaul, everything else so far has been flown. Great question.

Team10

Post by Team10 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 am

For cold weather situations like tomorrows game is projected to be, how many different cold weather layer options do players have? I know some of the players see it as being "tough" to no play with sleeves. I've never understood this, the players bodies then having to use extra energy to keep itself warm over the length of the game. Maybe I'm over thinking this...

Also, during half time is there a warm soup or drink they are able to consume to assist in maintaining energy levels and prevent dehydration?

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:25 am

What's the uniform combo for tomorrow?

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 am

WalkOn79 wrote:What's the uniform combo for tomorrow?
White on White on White would seem appropriate haha

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:59 am

Does MSU provide sideline "luxuries" like heaters for visitors on gorgeous days like tomorrow will be?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Team10 wrote:For cold weather situations like tomorrows game is projected to be, how many different cold weather layer options do players have? I know some of the players see it as being "tough" to no play with sleeves. I've never understood this, the players bodies then having to use extra energy to keep itself warm over the length of the game. Maybe I'm over thinking this...

Also, during half time is there a warm soup or drink they are able to consume to assist in maintaining energy levels and prevent dehydration?
Good questions.

Also what’s up with cleats??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:03 pm

77matcat wrote:
Team10 wrote:For cold weather situations like tomorrows game is projected to be, how many different cold weather layer options do players have? I know some of the players see it as being "tough" to no play with sleeves. I've never understood this, the players bodies then having to use extra energy to keep itself warm over the length of the game. Maybe I'm over thinking this...

Good questions.

Also what’s up with cleats??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We've had 3 days to dial in our cleats, so I would no worry about that very much. The weather also seems to not be very much of a factor in terms of cold...so we should have 0 excuses for losing! 8)

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

BobcatEquipment
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatEquipment » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:54 pm

players have long sleeve cold gear tops and bottoms, handwarmers, ninja masks...all that stuff. We will use heaters on the sidelines and capes as well. Cold is cold, we do as much as we can. Few secrets of the trade we won't disclose...wouldn't want Kennesaw to see em ;)

BobcatEquipment
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatEquipment » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Rich K wrote:Does MSU provide sideline "luxuries" like heaters for visitors on gorgeous days like tomorrow will be?

Visiting team rents their own heaters.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Did I see somewhere that we got a new tractor with an attachment specifically for snow removal on turf fields?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BobcatEquipment
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatEquipment » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Did I see somewhere that we got a new tractor with an attachment specifically for snow removal on turf fields?

There is a new tractor that facilities got for daily use but they've brought in some extra help to get the stadium ready for game day!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Rich K wrote:
Same as last week?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Shout out to Bobcat equipment on these helmets. Couldn't really see how cool these were on TV.
https://twitter.com/CoachBJ_MSU/status/928315751819177984

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BobcatEquipment
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatEquipment » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Shout out to Bobcat equipment on these helmets. Couldn't really see how cool these were on TV.
https://twitter.com/CoachBJ_MSU/status/928315751819177984

Thanks for the love! We had a ton of fun doing these, and keeping them a secret was incredibly hard. Players didn't even see them until the day of. We will try to continue to impress.

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by golden77 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:14 am

Any special uniforms for veterans day today?