Spokane Newspaper sez...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Spokane Newspaper sez...

Post by Mr Lisle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 am

The Spokesman Review says the Bobcats will be EWU's 9th easiest opponent, in front of Davis and Sac State. Also says griz will be #4. Texas Tech #1 ahead of #2 NDSU.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spokane Newspaper sez...

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Now that's some good bulletin board material!

2024 Resume dominance

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:37 pm

So...help me follow this. Cats are 9th easiest, Sac State and Davis are 10th and 11th easiest? Or hardest? So that means the Cats are like the 3rd hardest behind Texas Tech and NDSU? My brain hurts.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:46 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:So...help me follow this. Cats are 9th easiest, Sac State and Davis are 10th and 11th easiest? Or hardest? So that means the Cats are like the 3rd hardest behind Texas Tech and NDSU? My brain hurts.
I think Mr L's context is dyslexic!
Last edited by Helcat72 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2024 Resume dominance

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:52 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:So...help me follow this. Cats are 9th easiest, Sac State and Davis are 10th and 11th easiest? Or hardest? So that means the Cats are like the 3rd hardest behind Texas Tech and NDSU? My brain hurts.
3rd easiest. Real good locker room material.
9. Montana State (Oct. 14 in Cheney) – The Bobcats made strides last year under first-year coach Jeff Choate. MSU went 4-7, but four losses were by a combined 13 points. QB Chris Murray, the Big Sky Freshman of the Year, is the real deal and the Cats showed improvement last year on defense, but Eastern should cruise at home.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/a ... ents-f/#/0

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Now, where did I go wrong??!! Did I say hardest? No, you said "hardest" then flipped the whole thing. I said the Cats are 9th easiest, as in "behind eighth" (8th) easiest. Cali schools 10th and eleventh easiest. So far, not hard to follow. So if you start at 11th easiest and work your way down, the Cats become 9th easiest and eventually the griz become 4th easiest then to NDSU who become second easiest and finally to T-Tech who becomes 1st easiest..........what the.??? #-o

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:23 pm

I remember the year the Griz put the playoffs on their schedule that was released before the season started. Big mistake, guess who failed to make the playoffs that year. I am not saying that EWU is going to suck, but I think they might be a little bit more confident then they should be.

Punters are people too!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Now, where did I go wrong??!! Did I say hardest? No, you said "hardest" then flipped the whole thing. I said the Cats are 9th easiest, as in "behind eighth" (8th) easiest. Cali schools 10th and eleventh easiest. So far, not hard to follow. So if you start at 11th easiest and work your way down, the Cats become 9th easiest and eventually the griz become 4th easiest then to NDSU who become second easiest and finally to T-Tech who becomes 1st easiest..........what the.??? #-o
I agree with the poster above... saying 9th easiest, behind 8th easiest is confusing! So the first easiest is the hardest? lol

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:31 pm

3rd easiest or 9th toughest. Same thing.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Oh I get it ~ So the 1st easiest is the hardest to beat and the 2nd easiest is the 2nd hardest to beat and so on ~
so the 9th easiest is the 9th hardest to beat ~ yes locker room material for sure~ and good luck with that Eagles,
Cruise I predict not.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
If you are the 1st easiest, shouldn't you be considered the easiest contest on the schedule to win. We understand your point, but you have them listed backwards. Texas Tech is the 11th easiest (1st hardest) and Davis is the 1st easiest (11th hardest).

In regard to the Cats rank, we are going to surprise some people this year.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:08 pm

I didn't make any of this stuff up. Read the Review. Cats are 9th easiest. Turns out they are also 9th hardest. It's an algorithm issue which is above my paygrade.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Easiest isn't the term to use, because Easiestern isn't going to have an easy time beating anyone this year.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Eastern fans are delusional if they think they're just going to roll on and not miss a beat. You don't lose a Head Coach, an NFL starter, and everything else they've lost and not skip a beat.

I'm not saying they won't win games or even the conference, but Best is going to take some lumps from some fairly crafty coaches. IMO EWU is probably a 7-4 team this year.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Since this "data" makes about as much sense as analytics, don't most successful programs promote from within? Case in point: What would McGhee's playoff career numbers been had he been afforded the luxury of one offensive coordinator while he played? The kids at Eastern have virtually the same coaches, same playbook and same routine.

How many transfers and freshmen are going to come in and make an impact this year for the Cats? Realistically?

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 am

Troy Andersen, for one from the preliminary reports.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 am

I think Elu Leota will as well.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:55 am

Transfer RB Vander will, as will at least one of the freshman CBs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Last edited by 91catAlum on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 am

Cat Grad wrote:Since this "data" makes about as much sense as analytics, don't most successful programs promote from within? Case in point: What would McGhee's playoff career numbers been had he been afforded the luxury of one offensive coordinator while he played? The kids at Eastern have virtually the same coaches, same playbook and same routine.

How many transfers and freshmen are going to come in and make an impact this year for the Cats? Realistically?
Are you asking how we are going to be improved with any of the new faces compared to last year? If you are, I think there will be quite a few "new" (when I say new I am talking anyone who did not play last year which would include transfers, kids who redshirted, were suspended or transfers) major contributors this year.

Big Time, Big Impact Contributors
Troy Anderson, Luke Daly, JoJo Henderson, Balue Chapman, Tyrel Thomas

Rotational, Situational Contributors
Edward Vander, Dre Jackson, Jake Roper, Lance McCutcheon, Michael Jobman, Chase Benson, Lewis Kidd, Jabarri Johnson

Few Snaps, Flash Potential in Limited Reps Contributors
Tyrel Burgess, Tadan Gilman, Tucker Rovig, Jalen Cole, Elu Leota

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:54 am

exppi wrote:I think Elu Leota will as well.
Sounds like he is turning heads. It's interesting that now all of a sudden we seem to be very deep and talented up front, I count 14 solid D Lineman right now. Almost wonder if it would be better to red shirt Elu or perhaps some position moves out of the D Line might be in order?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!