Who will be the starting RB?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Who will be the starting RB?

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 am

Cat Grad wrote:
CelticCat wrote:Sounds like Vander is healthy and doing some work. I'd guess we rotate Vander and Andersen.
Probably correct. The only concern I have is some kids do well in practices and scrimmages but do not do a thing in a game.

I'm concerned this staff doesn't have the experience to recognize practice versus game mode such as Bo Jackson who we all know refused to practice.

Young coaches, especially NAIA, don't know how to tell if a kid who just "doesn't get it" in practice can shone during a game because all the sudden they are just playing football instead of thinking. Anyway...
:-k unless you expect the staff to be psychic how would anyone possibly know that a kid will "do well in practices and scrimmages but not do a thing in a game"? Or does your brain work differently than everyone else's? (From previous posts it definitely does something weird)

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:45 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
CelticCat wrote:Sounds like Vander is healthy and doing some work. I'd guess we rotate Vander and Andersen.
Probably correct. The only concern I have is some kids do well in practices and scrimmages but do not do a thing in a game.

I'm concerned this staff doesn't have the experience to recognize practice versus game mode such as Bo Jackson who we all know refused to practice.

Young coaches, especially NAIA, don't know how to tell if a kid who just "doesn't get it" in practice can shone during a game because all the sudden they are just playing football instead of thinking. Anyway...
:-k unless you expect the staff to be psychic how would anyone possibly know that a kid will "do well in practices and scrimmages but not do a thing in a game"? Or does your brain work differently than everyone else's? (From previous posts it definitely does something weird)
Agree. All programs run into cases where player shines in practice but not in games and vice versa.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:53 am

Wow catgrad your glass is perpetually half empty and you always seem to be trying to drain it some more. Thankfully our coaching staff and entire team approach the challenge of the season with a completely different attitude.
The coaches and team have plenty of work to do without worrying about what you're suggesting.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:14 am

Cat Grad wrote:

ummmmmmmm..... ok?

:-k :-k

FTG- GO CATS GO!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 am

Ok, crap, I have to ask- so lots of stuff about that post was confusing..... But what is this about Bo Jackson? Apparently one of the best running backs of all time "refused to practice"?... news to me.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:37 am

mslacatfan wrote:Ok, crap, I have to ask- so lots of stuff about that post was confusing..... But what is this about Bo Jackson? Apparently one of the best running backs of all time "refused to practice"?... news to me.
https://youtu.be/eGDBR2L5kzI

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 am

mslacatfan wrote:Ok, crap, I have to ask- so lots of stuff about that post was confusing..... But what is this about Bo Jackson? Apparently one of the best running backs of all time "refused to practice"?... news to me.
I don't practice either and I can routinely drink an entire six pack by myself.

The other day I dunked on a 7" basketball rim without even stretching.

Just the other day I only had to use 6 shots on the par 3 course (hole 2).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:40 am

Cat Grad wrote:

Young coaches? Don't have the experience? Our HBC has been coaching the game since 1992, been coaching Division 1 football since 2002 and in those 16 years of coaching Division 1 ball, 13 of them have been at a power 5 BCS school, a good majority of them under some of the most respected head coaches in the country.

Two of our coordinators have been successful HEAD coaches for multiple years at Frontier Conference schools and our defensive coordinator has been coaching in the Big Sky since 2003 (with one-year hiatus at Central Washington). I have a hunch our coaches have an idea of what to look for, and like someone already said this happens at institutions EVERYWHERE.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:50 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
catatac wrote:What's up with Peagues (sp)? I remember quite a lot of hype about him but haven't heard much lately.
Also Vander, I remember everyone was really high on him. Is it just because he was hurt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back on topic, I haven't heard much of Vander during camp until this article came out.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... 23c75.html

The article reminded me of why I was so excited that he was coming here after one year at CC. Then I went and re-watched his HUDL tape from last year and my excitement level grew!! He is going to be a very solid running back for us. I believe him and Troy Anderson will get a majority of the carries the first few games (not counting CM's carries at QB) and will prove to be a pretty formidable duo. From Vander's tape (below) he is a natural in the screen game, finds the hole and hits it quickly and he seemed to have a real nose for the end zone. Hell, 18 touchdowns in 11 games is impressive at any level!

http://www.hudl.com/v/27VzPR

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:27 pm

TomCat88 wrote:It'll be Andersen until he turns pro.

Seriously I think it'll be Andersen, but a lot of players will get carries.
Are you saying Troy Andersen or Donny Anderson?

[youtube][/youtube]

Maybe it won't be that much of a difference after all.