NFL Draft - Skyline Sports

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

NFL Draft - Skyline Sports

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:48 pm

We will have a feature on Chad Newell, J.P. Flynn and John Walker tomorrow as well as follow ups for all the Big Sky players hoping to get a call this weekend. Here's our broad story on all the top prospects in the Big Sky.

Collection of former Big Sky stars harbor NFL hopes
http://skylinesportsmt.com/collection-o ... nfl-hopes/

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: NFL Draft - Skyline Sports

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:25 pm

I was looking at several Mock Drafts today and the consensus is that Kupp will go early 2nd to early 3rd. Saw several that had JP going late 6th early 7th as well. Those several comment on his great footwork translating well to the NFL.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Best of luck to all student-athletes perusing their dreams this weekend.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:11 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:I was looking at several Mock Drafts today and the consensus is that Kupp will go early 2nd to early 3rd. Saw several that had JP going late 6th early 7th as well. Those several comment on his great footwork translating well to the NFL.
Not to be a downer, but I think Kupp gets taken in the 4th and JP gets taken in the 7th. Just my prediction

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:16 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:I was looking at several Mock Drafts today and the consensus is that Kupp will go early 2nd to early 3rd. Saw several that had JP going late 6th early 7th as well. Those several comment on his great footwork translating well to the NFL.
Not to be a downer, but I think Kupp gets taken in the 4th and JP gets taken in the 7th. Just my prediction
Mocks are hardly ever accurate so you could definitely be right. Just look at the 1st round, I think everyone was wrong as soon as the Bears made their trade :lol: iI can still see Kupp going late 2nd early 3rd though. And I would love to see JP drafted anywhere.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:19 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Who ever gets Kupp, they will be getting a steal if they get him in the 3rd. The kid is a hell of a football player and he is always open. Oregon, Oregon State, and Washington State couldnt cover him, so that tells me he will find a way in the NFL to get open. I hope he does really good in the NFL, even though he is from EWU.

If your left, you aren’t right.

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Who ever gets Kupp, they will be getting a steal if they get him in the 3rd. The kid is a hell of a football player and he is always open. Oregon, Oregon State, and Washington State couldnt cover him, so that tells me he will find a way in the NFL to get open. I hope he does really good in the NFL, even though he is from EWU.
I don't have this confirmed but I had heard that when EWU played UW in 2014, Kupp had a hell of a game (he always seemed to have a hell of a game, doesn't he?) against Marcus Peters and Sidney Jones. Kupp had 8 catches for 145 yards and 3 TD's. Against two NFL first round picks! (Sidney Jones would've been a first rounder, hands down if he hadn't torn his Achilles during his pro day) And if you watch the NFL, you know Peters is considered one of the best CB's in the league right now

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:04 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
I don't have this confirmed but I had heard that when EWU played UW in 2014, Kupp had a hell of a game (he always seemed to have a hell of a game, doesn't he?) against Marcus Peters and Sidney Jones. Kupp had 8 catches for 145 yards and 3 TD's. Against two NFL first round picks! (Sidney Jones would've been a first rounder, hands down if he hadn't torn his Achilles during his pro day) And if you watch the NFL, you know Peters is considered one of the best CB's in the league right now
Kupp would have been a top 20 pick if he played somewhere bigger. Whoever gets him is probably getting more than they realize.

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:06 pm

His 40 yd dash time and his vertical jump numbers didn't help him but his agility drills were amazing and you just can't take away what he did on film in the games themselves. Someone is getting a monster and I'm hoping it's my team :D

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:51 pm

Bobcats chasing dreams with NFL Draft underway
http://skylinesportsmt.com/cats-prepare-for-nfl-draft/

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Gustafson hopes to add to Grizzlies' NFL lineage - http://skylinesportsmt.com/gustafson-ho ... l-lineage/

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Top of the 3rd to the Rams.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:19 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Top of the 3rd to the Rams.
He'll be their #1 receiver come gameday.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:40 pm

This is a terrible spot for kupp. They don't have a qb. The best WR on the team works best out of the slot....just like kupp.

Don't like this pick for kupp or the rams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Is it just me or does it seem like the Rams are a landing ground for Big Sky players? I know Fisher had a lot to do with that, but he isn't there anymore. Either way, best of luck to Kupp and anyone from the Big Sky that gets a chance to play Sunday.............and Thursday and Monday night.

Punters are people too!!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Kupp, Ebukam 1st Big Sky players called in NFL Draft
http://skylinesportsmt.com/kupp-ebukam

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:56 pm

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/858460871055552514

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:59 pm

Slew of Big Sky talent now counting on UDFA deals with NFL (We will continue updating this list)
http://skylinesportsmt.com/slew-of-big- ... -with-nfl/

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 am

Mcshay and Kiper this morning were giving Kupp some pretty high praise. Kiper said he thinks he will be a Jordy Nelson type player. Pretty cool to hear that about a Big Sky guy.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:13 pm

On the Ram's site they are very high on him, they being the fans...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.