**Weekly** 2017 season prediction thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: **Weekly** 2017 season prediction thread

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:44 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:Washington St - L
SDSU - L
UND - L
Weber - W
PSU - W
EWU - L
UNC - W
ISU - W
Kennesaw St - L
NAU - L
U of Dumb - W

I'm calling it 5-6
I'm saying between SDSU, UND, EWU, Ken, and NAU....... we win two of those. Other than that I agree with you.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:59 pm

catatac wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:Washington St - L
SDSU - L
UND - L
Weber - W
PSU - W
EWU - L
UNC - W
ISU - W
Kennesaw St - L
NAU - L
U of Dumb - W

I'm calling it 5-6
I'm saying between SDSU, UND, EWU, Ken, and NAU....... we win two of those. Other than that I agree with you.
I can see us winning at UND but UND is just good and getting better. We'll need some offense this time if we're going to beat them in their house. The second game I can see us beating is EWU. Will everything going on over there (all new offensive coaches, more or less new WR corp, replacing Ebukam, etc.) I give us a decent chance, but since it's in Cheney, I'm saying they pull it out. The other game I can see us taking is Kennesaw State, but that's mostly just due to blind homerism and knowing nothing about them, I give us a blind chance to win. I don't think we have much chance against NAU or SDSU, but I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night... :lol:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:06 am

I think the Gardenhire/Hale thing is going to be a big problem. Choate is still new to being a head coach. He may have dealt with those two appropriately, but now he has to keep his team together and not allow it to be a distraction.

Dropping us from 8-3 to 5-6.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:08 am

iaafan wrote:I think the Gardenhire/Hale thing is going to be a big problem. Choate is still new to being a head coach. He may have dealt with those two appropriately, but now he has to keep his team together and not allow it to be a distraction.

FWIW Gardenhire wasn't going to get to play until 2018 anyway. Hale wasn't good enough to secure 3 wins on his own either.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:12 am

I'm not talking about the loss of the football playing ability of those two. I'm talking about the psychological affect it has on the players and coaches, coupled with how well Choate is equipped to handle it and this young stage of his head coaching career.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:22 am

iaafan wrote:I'm not talking about the loss of the football playing ability of those two. I'm talking about the psychological affect it has on the players and coaches, coupled with how well Choate is equipped to handle it and this young stage of his head coaching career.
I'll still disagree, although I was thinking we were a 6-5 to 7-4 team before this drama, the loss of these two is nothing but a positive in my opinion, you gotta cut out the cancer. I doubt any of the players think twice about these two come fall.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:22 am

iaafan wrote:I think the Gardenhire/Hale thing is going to be a big problem. Choate is still new to being a head coach. He may have dealt with those two appropriately, but now he has to keep his team together and not allow it to be a distraction.

Holy overreaction, Batman! The timing of this isn't likely to have a huge effect on the team given that it's happening in April and not in August, and it could be an opportunity for the team to come together and get stronger without players who clearly weren't here for the right reasons. 3 wins less due to Hale being booted off the team is a bit of a stretch, although the 5-6 prediction was probably closer to reality in the first place than the 8-3.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:23 am

iaafan wrote:I'm not talking about the loss of the football playing ability of those two. I'm talking about the psychological affect it has on the players and coaches, coupled with how well Choate is equipped to handle it and this young stage of his head coaching career.
Please explain what the psychological affects would be?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:31 pm

MSU01 wrote:

Holy overreaction, Batman! The timing of this isn't likely to have a huge effect on the team given that it's happening in April and not in August, and it could be an opportunity for the team to come together and get stronger without players who clearly weren't here for the right reasons. 3 wins less due to Hale being booted off the team is a bit of a stretch, although the 5-6 prediction was probably closer to reality in the first place than the 8-3.

Hey good news. I am changing my picks from 9-2 to 10-1.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:53 pm

MSU01 wrote:

+1 and speaking from experience this kind of thing is generally met with more of a "what idiots, next man up" type of reaction. This will not bring the team down emotionally at all. I'm very sure if that.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:58 pm

There are a couple psychological effects. First, Hale and Gardenhire we leaders in practices. Gardenhire especially was drawing superlatives from the coaches for his ability to raise the level of the DBs and WRs. Losing players, who are looked upon for leadership, has a psychological effect. Another effect is from the reason for the players to be kicked off the team. The players now need to answer questions from the family and friends about just what's going on with the team, such as, "How does your coach allow players like this to get on the team? How do you know there aren't other players on the team doing the same thing?"

Psychological effects are distractions and distractions lead to execution and team chemistry problems.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:01 pm

iaafan wrote:There are a couple psychological effects. First, Hale and Gardenhire we leaders in practices. Gardenhire especially was drawing superlatives from the coaches for his ability to raise the level of the DBs and WRs. Losing players, who are looked upon for leadership, has a psychological effect. Another effect is from the reason for the players to be kicked off the team. The players now need to answer questions from the family and friends about just what's going on with the team, such as, "How does your coach allow players like this to get on the team? How do you know there aren't other players on the team doing the same thing?"

Psychological effects are distractions and distractions lead to execution and team chemistry problems.
Good news, there's five months before the first game to move past these distractions.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:06 pm

coachouert wrote:
iaafan wrote:There are a couple psychological effects. First, Hale and Gardenhire we leaders in practices. Gardenhire especially was drawing superlatives from the coaches for his ability to raise the level of the DBs and WRs. Losing players, who are looked upon for leadership, has a psychological effect. Another effect is from the reason for the players to be kicked off the team. The players now need to answer questions from the family and friends about just what's going on with the team, such as, "How does your coach allow players like this to get on the team? How do you know there aren't other players on the team doing the same thing?"

Good news, there's five months before the first game to move past these distractions.
Iaa you are way over thinking this. From everything we've heard it was great for our guys to go against Gardenhire but we'll be ok. And how can Hale have been a leader when he was literally on the field, practice or games, a total of maybe 15 days? Nobody is following that kind of guy. If he had been here a couple years and then had a year where he Hardy was able to play I could see him being a leader but that wasn't the case. And every team in the country has guys with issues, I don't think anyone is going to question how they got onto the team or why they got a chance. Alabama has problem guys, Michigan has problem guys. It's not new to the Cats or football in general.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:08 pm

My take on the teams response.

"What a couple of dumb asses."
"What time is practice?"

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Hawks86 wrote:

"What time is practice?"
Exactly how it goes.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:20 pm

[quote="coachouert"][quote="iaafan"]There are a couple psychological effects. First, Hale and Gardenhire we leaders in practices. Gardenhire especially was drawing superlatives from the coaches for his ability to raise the level of the DBs and WRs. Losing players, who are looked upon for leadership, has a psychological effect. Another effect is from the reason for the players to be kicked off the team. The players now need to answer questions from the family and friends about just what's going on with the team, such as, "How does your coach allow players like this to get on the team? How do you know there aren't other players on the team doing the same thing?"

Psychological effects are distractions and distractions lead to execution and team chemistry problems.[/quote]

Good news, there's five months before the first game to move past these distractions.[/quote]

That is good news. The bad news is they're in the middle of spring ball, which is one of the best times for them to be honing their skills and learning what they need to work on over the summer. So a distraction now can have a lasting effect. Hopefully Choate has the tolls to turn this into a learning experience for everyone and turns a negative into a positive.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:21 pm

[quote="BleedingBLue"][quote="Hawks86"][quote="iaafan"]There are a couple psychological effects. First, Hale and Gardenhire we leaders in practices. Gardenhire especially was drawing superlatives from the coaches for his ability to raise the level of the DBs and WRs. Losing players, who are looked upon for leadership, has a psychological effect. Another effect is from the reason for the players to be kicked off the team. The players now need to answer questions from the family and friends about just what's going on with the team, such as, "How does your coach allow players like this to get on the team? How do you know there aren't other players on the team doing the same thing?"

Psychological effects are distractions and distractions lead to execution and team chemistry problems.[/quote]

"What time is practice?"[/quote]

Exactly how it goes.[/quote]

That's exactly how it goes on the outside. I agree. That's what they'll say.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:23 pm

iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

"What time is practice?"
Exactly how it goes.
That's exactly how it goes on the outside. I agree. That's what they'll say.
As I said earlier I've been on the inside of these situations and that really is how it goes. If you are dumb enough to let something like this become as important or more important than school and the sport you play then see ya later. We'll move on right now.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:37 pm

[quote="BleedingBLue"][quote="iaafan"][quote="BleedingBLue"][quote="Hawks86"][quote="iaafan"]There are a couple psychological effects. First, Hale and Gardenhire we leaders in practices. Gardenhire especially was drawing superlatives from the coaches for his ability to raise the level of the DBs and WRs. Losing players, who are looked upon for leadership, has a psychological effect. Another effect is from the reason for the players to be kicked off the team. The players now need to answer questions from the family and friends about just what's going on with the team, such as, "How does your coach allow players like this to get on the team? How do you know there aren't other players on the team doing the same thing?"

"What time is practice?"[/quote]

Exactly how it goes.[/quote]

That's exactly how it goes on the outside. I agree. That's what they'll say.[/quote]

As I said earlier I've been on the inside of these situations and that really is how it goes. If you are dumb enough to let something like this become as important or more important than school and the sport you play then see ya later. We'll move on right now.[/quote]

Yes, that's how it goes most of the time. Sometimes you tell yourself everything is ok, when it really isn't, then you come to terms with it at the end of the season. Hopefully that's not the case this time. You never know.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:40 pm

I'm not going to take anyone seriously that can't figure out the quote function. :P