GF Tribune gaffe

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

GF Tribune gaffe

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Lists Bill Kollar as a Griz and O'Billovich as a Cat. Kind of funny because Kollar was probably the best college player on the list. Could cut them some slack on O'Billovich since UM was called Montana State when he played there.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/ ... /99197168/

Tilleman, Erickson, Hauck entering Montana Football HOF

The second class to enter the Montana Football Hall of Fame includes Bob O’Billovich of Butte, Dennis Erickson of Montana State, Mike Tilleman, Bill Kollar, Tim Hauck and Kirk Scrafford of the University of Montana, and former Columbus prep star Dwan Edwards.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: GF Tribune gaffe

Post by John K » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:32 am

iaafan wrote:Lists Bill Kollar as a Griz and O'Billovich as a Cat. Kind of funny because Kollar was probably the best college player on the list. Could cut them some slack on O'Billovich since UM was called Montana State when he played there.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/ ... /99197168/

Tilleman, Erickson, Hauck entering Montana Football HOF

The second class to enter the Montana Football Hall of Fame includes Bob O’Billovich of Butte, Dennis Erickson of Montana State, Mike Tilleman, Bill Kollar, Tim Hauck and Kirk Scrafford of the University of Montana, and former Columbus prep star Dwan Edwards.
The article that you linked actually does say "Dennis Erickson and Bill Kollar of Montana State".

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 am

It does now, but I cut and pasted what it originally said into my post. According to the info at the top of the article they edited/updated it right after I posted it. Good on them.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 am

iaafan wrote:It does now, but I cut and pasted what it originally said into my post. According to the info at the top of the article they edited/updated it right after I posted it. Good on them.
Oh gotcha.