Future Schedule

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Future Schedule

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 pm

https://twitter.com/q2scottbreen/status/839271932449058816 https://twitter.com/ginamizell/status/839265617060364288

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Future Schedule

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:51 pm

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:31 pm

https://twitter.com/msubobcats/status/839303453776228353

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Pretty awesome that they are releasing the 2018 non-conference schedule a year and a half in advance. Western Illinois at home, S. Dakota St. away, and Wagner at home is great. Finally what many of us have been wanting for years with an all FCS schedule!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Wait, did I fall asleep for a year? Schedule is out for 2018? ](*,)

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:34 am

Montanabob wrote:Wait, did I fall asleep for a year? Schedule is out for 2018? ](*,)
Times have changed. First there was this tackling thing, then quality nutrition in the weight room, now scheduling games in advance.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:37 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Montanabob wrote:Wait, did I fall asleep for a year? Schedule is out for 2018? ](*,)
Times have changed. First there was this tackling thing, then quality nutrition in the weight room, now scheduling games in advance.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hating the griz since 02.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:09 pm

MSU01 wrote:Pretty awesome that they are releasing the 2018 non-conference schedule a year and a half in advance. Western Illinois at home, S. Dakota St. away, and Wagner at home is great. Finally what many of us have been wanting for years with an all FCS schedule!
2018 will be Coach Choate & company's 3rd year, Murray's Junior year and Rovig's RFr year. Gotta like our chances of getting to at least 7 wins and the playoffs if we can continue with all FCS schedules!
=D^ \:D/ :-^

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:20 pm

MSU01 wrote:Pretty awesome that they are releasing the 2018 non-conference schedule a year and a half in advance. Western Illinois at home, S. Dakota St. away, and Wagner at home is great. Finally what many of us have been wanting for years with an all FCS schedule!
I love this schedule. Obviously SDSU and Western Illinois will be challenging games, but I'm guessing that Wagner isn't generally all that strong? Scheduling a weak FCS team in place of a D-II is a much better option.

Edit: I see that they went 6-5 last year. They lost to Bryant 27-17 and beat St. Francis 31-24. Wasn't it St. Francis that UM played last year? That's a game that we shouldn't have too much trouble winning on our home turf.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Do we get to keep playing the griz, even when they shut down the school?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:26 pm

The so-called school at the university of missoula has been nothing more than fake news for years and years.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:36 am

Hahahaha

Alternative facts

Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:35 am

So the 2018 non-conference schedule is set. Is the whole schedule and/or the conference schedule for 2018 available somewhere?

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 am

I'm waiting for the outrage over the newly announced "body-bag" games :coffee:

Five years ago they were an outrage,a waste of time, a impediment to the playoffs. Today they're genius?

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 am

KittieKop wrote:I'm waiting for the outrage over the newly announced "body-bag" games :coffee:

Five years ago they were an outrage,a waste of time, a impediment to the playoffs. Today they're genius?
In the wise words of the immortal Dalton. "Opinions vary."

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:05 am

KittieKop wrote:I'm waiting for the outrage over the newly announced "body-bag" games :coffee:

What are body bag games? FBS games against tough schools?

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 am

BleedingBLue wrote:

Essentially. MSU getting paid to have the crap beat out of them by a far superior team.

Or on the flip side, when we pay a Div II or III school to come to Bozeman to have the crap beat out of them.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 am

KittieKop wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Essentially. MSU getting paid to have the crap beat out of them by a far superior team.

Or on the flip side, when we pay a Div II or III school to come to Bozeman to have the crap beat out of them.
I don't think NDSU would say those are body bag games. If we want to see the Bobcats compete for a NC, we need better competition, this is just what the doctor ordered. You seem awfully preoccupied with what everyone else thinks lately, time to get over it and enjoy watching our University move forward.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:52 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

I don't think NDSU would say those are body bag games. If we want to see the Bobcats compete for a NC, we need better competition, this is just what the doctor ordered. You seem awfully preoccupied with what everyone else thinks lately, time to get over it and enjoy watching our University move forward.
I thought an all FCS schedule ​was the best route to the playoffs. Now we're back to scheduling FBS which, unless you're NDSU (and we're not), are more likely than not losses. Div II gimme wins do nothing toward playoffs, and neither do FBS losses. While I like playing the big dogs, it doesn't help play off drives. I thought this had been hashed and rehashed the last decade, and the financials were such with the extra home game, pay day body bag games weren't necessary any more. Why are we back to thinking they're such a good idea? Or aren't we supposed to discuss athletic department decisions any more?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:45 pm

KittieKop wrote:
I thought an all FCS schedule ​was the best route to the playoffs. Now we're back to scheduling FBS which, unless you're NDSU (and we're not), are more likely than not losses. Div II gimme wins do nothing toward playoffs, and neither do FBS losses. While I like playing the big dogs, it doesn't help play off drives. I thought this had been hashed and rehashed the last decade, and the financials were such with the extra home game, pay day body bag games weren't necessary any more. Why are we back to thinking they're such a good idea? Or aren't we supposed to discuss athletic department decisions any more?
lcostello@msubobcats.com

jchoate@msubobcats.com