New turf

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: New turf

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:49 pm

"We will know the plans soon enough"

HaHaha, I'm not going to hold my breath. I feel like we have been hearing this for about 10 years now.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:30 pm

John K wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Image
I honestly don't understand why they couldn't at least be painted. I mean if there was a concrete plan (pun intended) in place to replace them within the next year or two, then I'd say don't worry about it, but it doesn't seem like any major renovations are going to happen that soon. We can't just keep putting of doing anything at all, with the idea that the next stadium project is just around the corner.

I'm sure it comes down to cost. It isn't as simple as just painting the stands. They would have to remove or cover the seats, treat or media blast the rust, prime the stands, and then paint. I'm sure I'm missing something else. The cost of doing all of that for such a large object has to be huge and just isn't worth the trouble IF you have a plan to replace them. I have my doubts this grand announcement that will be coming out soon will be much more than a plan. I really HOPE they have funding lined up to build something soon, because I'm getting tired of waiting, just like everyone else is.

I'm going to speculate and say they will build a new North end zone seating and some sort of athletic facility there first, before replacing the East grandstands.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:34 am

mslacatfan wrote:"We will know the plans soon enough"

HaHaha, I'm not going to hold my breath. I feel like we have been hearing this for about 10 years now.
And 9 of those years were Peter Fields...

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:15 am

I can see lots of reasons not to paint them. It's expensive(1), the rust isn't seen by very many people since the bleachers face away from the street(2), if it bothers those that do see them then it gives them that much more incentive to donate(3), they will be replaced soon enough as funding will probably be in place by the end of this season(4), it isn't structurally significant(5), you don't see the rust on game days because they're full(6).

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:17 am

My guess is the plan will be very similar to the South Dakota State plan. I think Costello had a system for getting pledges instead of actual donation, then when the pledges hit a certain threshold he went back and asked for the donations. People tend to be more apt to donate when they know that enough others are donating to make the plan come to fruition.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:21 am

iaafan wrote:I can see lots of reasons not to paint them. It's expensive(1), the rust isn't seen by very many people since the bleachers face away from the street(2), if it bothers those that do see them then it gives them that much more incentive to donate(3), they will be replaced soon enough as funding will probably be in place by the end of this season(4), it isn't structurally significant(5), you don't see the rust on game days because they're full(6).
PLUS, It's real hard to sell a new East Skybox, bleacher renovation if everything looks clean, fresh, and "hell they'll last another 10 years before we have to do anything." I am AGAINST painting anything. MORE RUST!!! :coffee:

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:03 am

I was looking over Egriz the other day, and they were talking about our stadium. I hate to quote any of those idiots, but some guy over their absolutely nailed it!

they were discussing how we are not painting our bleaches/rust because someday we might put in new stands/skyboxes...... The guy said- "That's like not mowing your yard for 4 years because you might put in a swimming pool someday"

hahahaha. I thought that was absolutely spot on, and hilarious. :lol: ](*,)

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:09 am

mslacatfan wrote:I was looking over Egriz the other day, and they were talking about our stadium. I hate to quote any of those idiots, but some guy over their absolutely nailed it!

they were discussing how we are not painting our bleaches/rust because someday we might put in new stands/skyboxes...... The guy said- "That's like not mowing your yard for 4 years because you might put in a swimming pool someday"

Did you ask them why they didn't just repair their locker rooms and weight room instead of waiting for one of their sugar daddies for brand new facilities?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 am

Hawks86 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:I was looking over Egriz the other day, and they were talking about our stadium. I hate to quote any of those idiots, but some guy over their absolutely nailed it!

Did you ask them why they didn't just repair their locker rooms and weight room instead of waiting for one of their sugar daddies for brand new facilities?
Plus why on Earth would you ever click on a "Cat" thread on Egriz. Not exactly opening up a treasure chest full of info.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:39 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Plus why on Earth would you ever click on a "Cat" thread on Egriz. Not exactly opening up a treasure chest full of info.

Ha. I never post anything, but every now and then it's pretty entertaining to check out that site, and read all the crazy sh-t they are talking about.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:33 pm

I heard something about the east side bleachers recently as to why they don't repaint them. The original paint was lead-based, so they would have to take a bunch of extra steps to handle the old paint before they could apply new paint. This comes from a third hand source, so take it as you will, but that might be a reason why they're not repainting the east side bleachers.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:40 pm

bozbobcat wrote:I heard something about the east side bleachers recently as to why they don't repaint them. The original paint was lead-based, so they would have to take a bunch of extra steps to handle the old paint before they could apply new paint. This comes from a third hand source, so take it as you will, but that might be a reason why they're not repainting the east side bleachers.
Sounds like a health hazard. Remove and replace immediately!!!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:54 pm

bozbobcat wrote:I heard something about the east side bleachers recently as to why they don't repaint them. The original paint was lead-based, so they would have to take a bunch of extra steps to handle the old paint before they could apply new paint. This comes from a third hand source, so take it as you will, but that might be a reason why they're not repainting the east side bleachers.
Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid? No Why? :wink:

No wonder I always had a headache after sitting over there in that section. Health Hazard :lol:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:00 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid? No Why? :wink:

No wonder I always had a headache after sitting over there in that section. Health Hazard :lol:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

WSUWILDCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:08 pm

Looks good.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 am

John K wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Image
I honestly don't understand why they couldn't at least be painted. I mean if there was a concrete plan (pun intended) in place to replace them within the next year or two, then I'd say don't worry about it, but it doesn't seem like any major renovations are going to happen that soon. We can't just keep putting of doing anything at all, with the idea that the next stadium project is just around the corner.
Agree 100%! It wouldn't take much to at least make them look presentable.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz