OL Coach??

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

OL Coach??

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:47 am

Gazette: "With Armstrong’s move to the coordinator role comes the need to find an offensive line coach. Choate indicated that he set on who he wants to hire, though he didn’t name names."

Typo in there, but it sounds like Choate has someone picked out. Anyone have any ideas who it might be?

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Re: OL Coach??

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:54 am

iaafan wrote:Gazette: "With Armstrong’s move to the coordinator role comes the need to find an offensive line coach. Choate indicated that he set on who he wants to hire, though he didn’t name names."

Typo in there, but it sounds like Choate has someone picked out. Anyone have any ideas who it might be?
Completely just throwing a name out there for the sake of it but what about Carroll Colleges OL coach? Seems he's been there forever, has produced some winners, also believe he is their strength and conditioning coach and I'm sure Choate would love to have someone with that background here.

Real Reason: We get to keep the mustache here ....

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:03 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
iaafan wrote:Gazette: "With Armstrong’s move to the coordinator role comes the need to find an offensive line coach. Choate indicated that he set on who he wants to hire, though he didn’t name names."

Completely just throwing a name out there for the sake of it but what about Carroll Colleges OL coach? Seems he's been there forever, has produced some winners, also believe he is their strength and conditioning coach and I'm sure Choate would love to have someone with that background here.

In my opinion, Jim Hogan is one of the best COACHES in Montana at any level. But he is pretty entrenched at Carroll so I wouldn't predict a move.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:09 am

No more mustaches!! Grow a beard or grow nothing.

Punters are people too!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:11 am

GoCats18 wrote:No more mustaches!! Grow a beard or grow nothing.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:34 am

If Choate stays true to form, I would expect someone from an FBS program where he has connections. I would expect someone from the Chris Peterson or Will Muschamp coaching tree.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 am

Mike Kramer? :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:36 am

wbtfg wrote:If Choate stays true to form, I would expect someone from an FBS program where he has connections. I would expect someone from the Chris Peterson or Will Muschamp coaching tree.
I'd love that, but I don't know how possible it is. Maybe a GA that was an o-lineman in college?

OL coach can't make a lot of money, I'm worried about attracting the right talent, and it's such an important job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:38 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

In my opinion, Jim Hogan is one of the best COACHES in Montana at any level. But he is pretty entrenched at Carroll so I wouldn't predict a move.
I agree with everything in Vim's post. Hogie is a GREAT coach, and is well-respected in coaching circles - not just in MT, but nationwide. His players love him.
However, he's not likely to make this move.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 am

Doubt he would leave his alma mater, but give Stephen Flynn a call.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:51 am

wbtfg wrote:If Choate stays true to form, I would expect someone from an FBS program where he has connections. I would expect someone from the Chris Peterson or Will Muschamp coaching tree.
Would love it, but for around $30k a year?? That's unlikely.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:52 am

91catAlum wrote:
What wbtfg means is it will likely be a Graduate Assistant from the FBS ranks. An up-and-comer who needs a place to start.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:54 am

91catAlum wrote:
I'm not saying we steal away the OL coach at S. Carolina or UW. I'm saying perhaps someone who played for Muschamp or Peterson, or possibly a GA, or a former GA/low level assistant. Someone with a similar background to Hout/Miller/Alexander/Orphey, etc.

brucat5
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by brucat5 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:38 am

What about someone like Scott Gragg? Connections through Delaney/Choate and was likely at UM with Gregorak.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:45 am

brucat5 wrote:What about someone like Scott Gragg? Connections through Delaney/Choate and was likely at UM with Gregorak.
From what I've heard from multiple griz fans is that he's a great player, good guy, terrible coach.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:32 pm

wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
I'm not saying we steal away the OL coach at S. Carolina or UW. I'm saying perhaps someone who played for Muschamp or Peterson, or possibly a GA, or a former GA/low level assistant. Someone with a similar background to Hout/Miller/Alexander/Orphey, etc.
Gotcha. Yes, a Miller/Hout type would make sense.