Gazette post on Facebook

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bozely
BobcatNation Letterman

Gazette post on Facebook

Post by bozely » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:38 pm

Not at all sure how to post it on here, but check out the article and first comment after regarding the grizz "loading up" on Montana talent. Mr. Fitzgerald is awesome! :twisted:

A new era of football is here, UofM no longer will be the sole power in a much stronger Big Sky. ESG GCG

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gazette post on Facebook

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:48 pm

bozely wrote:Not at all sure how to post it on here, but check out the article and first comment after regarding the grizz "loading up" on Montana talent. Mr. Fitzgerald is awesome! :twisted:
Here it is:
Bob Fitzgerald - Is that why you didn't even offer a walk on to RJ Fitzgerald whose Dad was a member of the Hall of Fame team of 95 and uncle who was on the 01 Hall of Fame team and who both were All Conference? By the way, RJ was a starter on 2 state football championship teams at Dillon. We were Griz fans for 30 years.... not anymore! Go Cats!
I guess Bob didn't think R.J. had "FCS" talent. :roll:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:53 pm

love it! Stitt is going to run that program into the ground.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:02 pm

mslacatfan wrote:love it! Stitt is going to run that program into the ground.
Let's hope so!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Anybody have a link?

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:33 pm

kwcat wrote:Anybody have a link?
Here is the link for article
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... 6c544.html

If you are more interested in the comment, not sure how else to do it other than posting a screenshot so here it is! Or even easier, if you have facebook just search Billings Gazette and scroll down a bit until you find this story.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:36 pm

If you're logged into facebook
https://www.facebook.com/billingsgazette/?fref=ts

Then start scrolling down...........

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:51 pm

This should take you directly to that specific Facebook post:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:57 pm

Aj is an idiot. Flagship school? The one that lost almost half its students in the past decade?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:12 pm

I think he deleted his post. I saw someone commented that RJ was talked up a lot on Egriz and that maybe it was an issue of simple Xs and Os since Stitt's offense has no fullback.

Mr Fitz then agreed that is probably some if it but that recruiting is hard on kids, parents, and grandparents and that it still bothered him.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:41 pm

lutecat wrote:Aj is an idiot. Flagship school? The one that lost almost half its students in the past decade?

Yup, the "Flagship" has sprung a rather significant leak and is in danger of foundering.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Does anyone else get the feeling like the media is trying to turn our "Own The Sky" into "Griz Envy"? I mean, Stitt knows he screwed up by not bringing in home state kids last year. He is clearly making up for that this year. We both signed 10 Montana kids, and MSU still has more total MT kids on their roster. I mean, loads of MT talent? Come on. I am willing to bet that of the 10 kids signed by UM this week, less then 5 will ever see the field.

Punters are people too!!

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:27 am

lutecat wrote:Aj is an idiot. Flagship school? The one that lost almost half its students in the past decade?

I would say this about AJ, I don't think he is an idiot, because he is not. Him and Kyle are guys that will never be good writers or broadcasters for one reason, not because they are griz guys, but because both have stories in front of them all the time and they refuse to be objective. The difference between someone like AJ and good writer is good writers know their place. I'm fine with someone like AJ or Sample if they understand how their writing is received. I'm not fine with a writer writing something of their own view while expecting that the public should see it as objective. AJ will never be good or look good until he embraces what he does best, which is writing as a fan of a team. Until then he will always be an up and comer that doesn't get it, which is exactly where he will stay.

If your a fan AJ, keep writing like you do it serves you well, but don't feed sirloin to people outside your circle whom prefer to eat ribeye. Know your place or stay mediocre where know one takes you seriously.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:40 am

GoCats18 wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling like the media is trying to turn our "Own The Sky" into "Griz Envy"? I mean, Stitt knows he screwed up by not bringing in home state kids last year. He is clearly making up for that this year. We both signed 10 Montana kids, and MSU still has more total MT kids on their roster. I mean, loads of MT talent? Come on. I am willing to bet that of the 10 kids signed by UM this week, less then 5 will ever see the field.
I asked this earlier, but does anybody know how many scholarships were awarded to the Montana Griz recruits? I think they signed 22 kids but only had like 18 scholarships. I have a suspicion that the majority of Montana kids that he so "values" only received partial scholarships while the majority of scholarship money went to out of staters. I think even Dick and Welnel only received partials. Is Deming the only one that received a full scholarship?

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by golden77 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 am

I was shocked that RJ Fitzgerald was not recruited by the grizzlies also. His dad Greg was a grizzly All American linebacker who played in the national championship game and his Uncle John was also a grizzly great. Greg coached at a class c school in Montana for around 10 years and he was always very loyal to the grizzlies. I'm just super happy to have RJ wearing the Blue and Gold.

BlackhawkCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BlackhawkCat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:14 am

This was exactly what I was talking about when Stitt said about the griz recruitingthe FCS talent in Montana.So tdub didn't like my tone. lol I'm glad he didn't. I think Fitzgerald turn out to be a great player for us. On a second note yeah I'm a idiot but a very passionate idiot about CAT football.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Back in the days of ES, the coach who should not be named, the same thing happened to a number of high school recruits from families with roots in Bobcat athletics.
Time will tell if coach BS becomes the griz's coach ES but so far he looks to be following in his footsteps fairly well though it's hard to imagine anyone matching that feat.
I'm very excited that we got RJ and have high hopes that his success on the field and in the classroom helps opens the eyes of more historically griz families that MSU is the best place for them and their student athlete now.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BlackhawkCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BlackhawkCat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:52 pm

I don't know how AJ could consider a school a "Flagship" university for all intents is basically a VO Tech school. As someone mentioned earlier I think um is really frightened of Coach Choate, they should be. I think the Fitzgerald family actually will be ecstatic in the long run RJ became a student/athlete at MSU. Not only a superior education but I think we will be big winners on the field as well. Coach Choate and his staff get it. Beat the griz!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:Back in the days of ES, the coach who should not be named, the same thing happened to a number of high school recruits from families with roots in Bobcat athletics.
Time will tell if coach BS becomes the griz's coach ES but so far he looks to be following in his footsteps fairly well though it's hard to imagine anyone matching that feat.
I'm very excited that we got RJ and have high hopes that his success on the field and in the classroom helps opens the eyes of more historically griz families that MSU is the best place for them and their student athlete now.

So true and much more. The Pearl didn't believe Montana kids had what it took to play at MSU. My brother has horror stories about playing for that guy.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter