Montana Recruits 2018

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2018

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:41 pm

FootballLover406 wrote:Hey my bad Vim.. I just wanted to inform the people on the fourum..
No problems here. Glad you posted. I mostly just wanted to stop that conversation before someone else got it going.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Montana High School Football FB page is posting highlights of All-State players that will be returning next season. It is a good way to see highlights on next season's top high school players from across the state.

FootballLover406
New Recruit

Post by FootballLover406 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:51 am

I've heard rumors of having a top 50 camp and then MT high school football will rank kids by there performance at the camp and by there film.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Looks like Shuman participated and did well.

http://vype.com/northwestprepreport/201 ... ce-talent/
Both Shuman and Quick got mention at this camp. Quick was mentioned in Knudsen's Part 3 recap.

http://vype.com/northwestprepreport/201 ... tars-camp/

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:11 pm

As far as a ranking update, I wouldn't expect anything until post-track season. I want to see what these juniors do on the track and in the field.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:57 am

https://twitter.com/NDSUonScout/status/837340500311085057 Last year, UND recruited several MSU and UM in-state recruits hard throughout the year and NDSU is joining them. If you track the top 2018 Montana recruits on Twitter, you will see several UND and NDSU coaches following. Not saying that they will win any of these battles but obviously they have decided to start investing some of their efforts into Montana.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Dang. An offer from the Bison or us....? I wouldn't blame a kid. That's a tough choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:40 pm

lutecat wrote:Dang. An offer from the Bison or us....? I wouldn't blame a kid. That's a tough choice.

Well currently all signs point to UM because of family connections and fandom. I think the real factor in his recruitment process will be the FBS offers. Still unclear whether they will pony up an offer but if he impresses at bigger camps this summer, wouldn't surprise me if he got a full-ride scholarship offer from an FBS school like...say...Washington State.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Yeah from what I have heard Gabe has been shown interest by WSU, id say as far as FBS goes, they are a big contender as of right now for him.

msutrackfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by msutrackfan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:40 pm

VimSince03 wrote:As far as a ranking update, I wouldn't expect anything until post-track season. I want to see what these juniors do on the track and in the field.
I have heard Coach Choate say he would like his incoming high school football players to do track and field but somehow that word has not yet filtered down to ALL of the high school football coaches. Many high school football coaches seem to want "their kids" to be strickly lifting and doing football drills. I think track and field could benefit athletes who participate in ALL sports.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:19 pm

msutrackfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:As far as a ranking update, I wouldn't expect anything until post-track season. I want to see what these juniors do on the track and in the field.
I have heard Coach Choate say he would like his incoming high school football players to do track and field but somehow that word has not yet filtered down to ALL of the high school football coaches. Many high school football coaches seem to want "their kids" to be strickly lifting and doing football drills. I think track and field could benefit athletes who participate in ALL sports.
Couldn't agree more! I'd say maybe track isn't for all kids, but as long as they are doing something! And not just lifting, but running and working out in various ways! Track and field is a great thing, but I think that as long as the players are doing more than just lifting it's okay. And competing is important too. Track is so important because coaches want their players always competing, so if the players are doing something that involves working out in competitive ways, then everything is all good

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:08 am

Hawks86 wrote:I'm happy to announce that I will post my top 10 on February 7th 2018
Did I miss your top 10 or did you postpone it? What the heck????

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 am

HowardRoss280 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:I'm happy to announce that I will post my top 10 on February 7th 2018

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:57 am

Hawks86 wrote:
HowardRoss280 wrote:

:lol:

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:08 am

Okay guys! So this summer I have a few weeks off from work and instead of doing something out of the state I have decided to go on a little scouting tour! So I will be doing this around late July and August and trying to hit all of the schools listed below and try to be there for the practices before the first games of the season! What I need from you guys is some kids names to look out for, and maybe even some school to hit along the way. The list below is in order, so as of now I plan on starting in Huntley project and ending in Whitehall. The names below are the names that have been mentioned in the top 10's and the other names Vim listed in the first post. I have a limited time so during the trip I may have to cut some places out in order to make it on time. But feel free to give me names of kids and other school along the way. Another thing I need is practice dates of schools and when they start. I can find some of them but others are harder! I'm super excited for this trip and super excited for you guys to give me anything else to look for on the way!

Montana High School Football Scouting Trip

Huntley Project- Keenan Reynolds (WR,DB), Lane Sumner (RB), Trey Copeland (OL,DL)
Billings:
Billings Senior- Gabe Sulser (WR, DB), Nolan Askelson (LB), Blake Allred (MLB), Kevon Jackson (OLB, DB)
Billings West- ?
Billings Skyview-Bruce Spang (OL, DL)
Billings Central- Ben Voss (RB)
Bozeman- Jack Tetrault (RB), Logan Kleinhans (ATH)
Townsend- Easton Hatfield (WR)
Helena:
Capital High- Conor Quick (OL, DL), Seth Schneider (RB, LB), Carson Shuman (OL), Justin Jenks (DE), Trevor Welnel (OL, DL), Matt Culpon (TE)
Helena High- Kaleb Winterburn (QB)
Great Falls:
Great Falls High- Kevin Boes (QB)
CMR- Jake Wilkins (WR)
Shelby- Aaron White (QB)
Columbia Falls- Logan Kolodejchuk (DE, RB)
Kalispell:
Flathead High- Jacques Eve (OLB)
Glacier High- Drew Turner (RB), Max Morris (TE), Jackson Pepe (ATH), Brady Peiffer (QB), Cody Hartsoch (OL), Hunter Rauthe (MLB)

Missoula:
Missoula Sentinel- Nick Germer (WR), Caden Messer (RB, OLB), Brandon Morley, (OLB)
Missoula Big Sky- Levi Janacaro (QB)
Missoula Loyola- Joseph McElroy (OL, DT), David Koppang (WR)
Drummond/Philipsburg- Mark Estes (ATH)
Deer Lodge- Karson Wheat (OL, DL)
Anaconda- Braxton Hill (MLB)
Butte: Butte High- Greyson Mandic (OL, DL), Nathaniel Ferguson (TE, P)
Dillon- Clay Allison (OL, TE, DL)
Whitehall- Dawson Hoerauf (OL, DL), Wyatt Alexander (WR, DB)

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:08 am

Okay guys! So this summer I have a few weeks off from work and instead of doing something out of the state I have decided to go on a little scouting tour! So I will be doing this around late July and August and trying to hit all of the schools listed below and try to be there for the practices before the first games of the season! What I need from you guys is some kids names to look out for, and maybe even some school to hit along the way. The list below is in order, so as of now I plan on starting in Huntley project and ending in Whitehall. The names below are the names that have been mentioned in the top 10's and the other names Vim listed in the first post. I have a limited time so during the trip I may have to cut some places out in order to make it on time. But feel free to give me names of kids and other school along the way. Another thing I need is practice dates of schools and when they start. I can find some of them but others are harder! I'm super excited for this trip and super excited for you guys to give me anything else to look for on the way!

Montana High School Football Scouting Trip

Huntley Project- Keenan Reynolds (WR,DB), Lane Sumner (RB), Trey Copeland (OL,DL)
Billings:
Billings Senior- Gabe Sulser (WR, DB), Nolan Askelson (LB), Blake Allred (MLB), Kevon Jackson (OLB, DB)
Billings West- ?
Billings Skyview-Bruce Spang (OL, DL)
Billings Central- Ben Voss (RB)
Bozeman- Jack Tetrault (RB), Logan Kleinhans (ATH)
Townsend- Easton Hatfield (WR)
Helena:
Capital High- Conor Quick (OL, DL), Seth Schneider (RB, LB), Carson Shuman (OL), Justin Jenks (DE), Trevor Welnel (OL, DL), Matt Culpon (TE)
Helena High- Kaleb Winterburn (QB)
Great Falls:
Great Falls High- Kevin Boes (QB)
CMR- Jake Wilkins (WR)
Shelby- Aaron White (QB)
Columbia Falls- Logan Kolodejchuk (DE, RB)
Kalispell:
Flathead High- Jacques Eve (OLB)
Glacier High- Drew Turner (RB), Max Morris (TE), Jackson Pepe (ATH), Brady Peiffer (QB), Cody Hartsoch (OL), Hunter Rauthe (MLB)

Missoula:
Missoula Sentinel- Nick Germer (WR), Caden Messer (RB, OLB), Brandon Morley, (OLB)
Missoula Big Sky- Levi Janacaro (QB)
Missoula Loyola- Joseph McElroy (OL, DT), David Koppang (WR)
Drummond/Philipsburg- Mark Estes (ATH)
Deer Lodge- Karson Wheat (OL, DL)
Anaconda- Braxton Hill (MLB)
Butte: Butte High- Greyson Mandic (OL, DL), Nathaniel Ferguson (TE, P)
Dillon- Clay Allison (OL, TE, DL)
Whitehall- Dawson Hoerauf (OL, DL), Wyatt Alexander (WR, DB)

topey711
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by topey711 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 pm

I'd make the short drive up 93 to Eureka and check out Garret Graves, their QB. Has had a great Junior year so far. Lead the Lions on their state title winning drive against Loyola. He also just completed a perfect wrestling season.

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:58 pm

topey711 wrote:I'd make the short drive up 93 to Eureka and check out Garret Graves, their QB. Has had a great Junior year so far. Lead the Lions on their state title winning drive against Loyola. He also just completed a perfect wrestling season.
Agreed!

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:29 pm

Bemiller49 wrote:
topey711 wrote:I'd make the short drive up 93 to Eureka and check out Garret Graves, their QB. Has had a great Junior year so far. Lead the Lions on their state title winning drive against Loyola. He also just completed a perfect wrestling season.
Agreed!
Vim had mentioned him to me, and his stock had certainly risen after his impressive wrestling season! I will definitely try and make it up there if I have time!

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:39 pm

You should start a new thread just for this trip with your post with the same schools and players as the first post in that thread. Very cool btw.