Beau Baldwin to Cal - Recruiting?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: Beau Baldwin to Cal - Recruiting?

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Talked about exactly this - EWU's recruiting - on the radio today

Tootell & Tucker - January 17, 2017
In this episode, Colter Nuanez joins Tucker Sargent of the Tootell & Tucker Show on ESPN 102.9 FM Missoula to talk about Beau Baldwin leaving Eastern Washington for the offensive coordinator position at Cal, the history of Montana Grizzly football along with Big Sky Conference basketball on the men’s and women’s sides.

http://skylinesportsmt.com/tt-jan-17/

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:46 pm

The Butcher wrote:It would be curious if Kramer would be considered. Did he leave on good terms (probably not terribly happy he left for another job in the same conference)? Has Kramer done enough to get their positive attention? I don't know if it is really even a possibility, but we did get the griz's DC last year.
I would think Paul Wulff might be a more viable candidate. He left EWU for Wazzu. It didn't work out and now he's an assistant at Sac State I believe.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Beau Baldwin to Cal - Recruiting?

Post by JDoub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Looks like EWU lost their RB coach also - to Utah. Staff already jumping ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:19 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:It would be curious if Kramer would be considered. Did he leave on good terms (probably not terribly happy he left for another job in the same conference)? Has Kramer done enough to get their positive attention? I don't know if it is really even a possibility, but we did get the griz's DC last year.
I would think Paul Wulff might be a more viable candidate. He left EWU for Wazzu. It didn't work out and now he's an assistant at Sac State I believe.
I think Wulff would actually do well in his old job. They certainly could do worse.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:22 pm

JDoub wrote:Looks like EWU lost their RB coach also - to Utah. Staff already jumping ship.

To replace Dennis Erickson who retired

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:28 pm

MSU01 wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
JDoub wrote:Let the speculation begin - who goes to EWU?

Cramsey could be a candidate? If not HC, as OC?

Cramsey got the OC job at SHSU, I don't see him going anywhere. But last I heard Rob Ash was still kicking a can down the road looking for his next gig... If I was him, I'd be all over it.
The Twitter report of Cramsey to SHSU was later walked back as "not a done deal". There's nothing on Cramsey's Twitter page to indicate he's going there, nor is there anything on the SHSU website to indicate that he is part of the coaching staff. So who knows what's going on there...you have to feel for the EWU assistants who could unexpectedly find themselves out of work in late January after most of the vacancies out there for next season have now been filled.
In case anyone cares, Cramsey is officially the new SHSU Offensive Coordinator.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.d ... =211433692

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:31 pm

coachouert wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
JDoub wrote:Let the speculation begin - who goes to EWU?

Cramsey could be a candidate? If not HC, as OC?

Cramsey got the OC job at SHSU, I don't see him going anywhere. But last I heard Rob Ash was still kicking a can down the road looking for his next gig... If I was him, I'd be all over it.
The Twitter report of Cramsey to SHSU was later walked back as "not a done deal". There's nothing on Cramsey's Twitter page to indicate he's going there, nor is there anything on the SHSU website to indicate that he is part of the coaching staff. So who knows what's going on there...you have to feel for the EWU assistants who could unexpectedly find themselves out of work in late January after most of the vacancies out there for next season have now been filled.
In case anyone cares, Cramsey is officially the new SHSU Offensive Coordinator.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.d ... =211433692
Perfect place for him . . .that offense won't miss a beat