It's the planning season...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: It's the planning season...

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:47 am

For football games it’s tradition for students, faculty, family and friends to throw these purple and gold party streamers for every touchdown. Nope, we somehow never run out.
http://thetab.com/us/jmu/2016/03/03/jmu ... unnels-474

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
catscat wrote:So, Bethany if you're still reading, or anyone else that knows - where do we get streamers like the JMU fans were throwing during the FCS championship game? How expensive are they? I thought they looked pretty cool on TV.
I don't think that was a JMU thing necessarily. If Youngstown had won, I'm pretty sure Frisco had red streamers ready to go. Might be something to think about at least once though, when we beat the Griz at our house at the end of the year. I think the clean-up crew would not appreciate this every game though.
I didn't watch the celebration afterwards, but they were throwing the streamers around during the game after touchdowns, maybe that is what catscat is referring to.
by Hawks86 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:47 am
For football games it’s tradition for students, faculty, family and friends to throw these purple and gold party streamers for every touchdown. Nope, we somehow never run out.

http://thetab.com/us/jmu/2016/03/03/jmu ... unnels-474

I was indeed referring to the streamers being thrown after touchdowns. I imagine I could go find some of my own to throw, but one throwing (or two - my wife doesn't have much of an arm though) wouldn't make much of an impact. However, if there were 10,000 people throwing blue and gold streamers it could look pretty cool to the TV viewers (or even to the fans in the stadium). From Hawks86's research, it sounds like JMU supplies the streamers. I can't imagine the cleanup crew having any more trouble with cleaning these up than the rest of the mess we leave for them.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 pm

It's their tradition. Let them have it.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:29 am

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:49 am

And it never gets old....Who's going to be in the newest highlight videos when we conclude 18-19 season?

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:07 am

What will the boys be up to this summer ....I know ..... besides player run practice.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:12 pm

"Welcome to the Jungle." "For Whom the Bells Toll." Playing hells bells is like twenty or thirty years old. Any of the playlists from the P5 schools is better than listening to old game day tracks.

Just keep up with the trends.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:14 pm

"Trendy" or no?
https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/982771603699191810 https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/979853445887811584

Fish Cat
New Recruit

Post by Fish Cat » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:57 pm

The Rodeo Team lead out is fantastic. That should become an outstanding tradition. Not too many places in the country have something that spectacular. USC, Texas Tech, Florida State, Colorado, Auburn, all have great mascot lead out traditions but there is nothing like 7 horses running right in fromt of the opposing bench.

The right music at the right time means everything. EG: Va Tech, Wisconsin, Tennessee etc.

The imperial victory march is still the best thing to play on third down or anytime he D comes into the field.

Flyovers should go without saying. 3 Blackhawks in formation is every bit as cool as jets.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Cat Grad wrote:"Welcome to the Jungle." "For Whom the Bells Toll." Playing hells bells is like twenty or thirty years old. Any of the playlists from the P5 schools is better than listening to old game day tracks.

You realize that Gun's n Roses's first album came out in 1987, don't you? It will be 31 years old this year. You might want to check my math. Slash will be 52 this summer and will probably need a hip replacement soon. For Whom the Bell Tolls is even older.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Cledus wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:"Welcome to the Jungle." "For Whom the Bells Toll." Playing hells bells is like twenty or thirty years old. Any of the playlists from the P5 schools is better than listening to old game day tracks.

You realize that Gun's n Roses's first album came out in 1987, don't you? It will be 31 years old this year. You might want to check my math. Slash will be 52 this summer and will probably need a hip replacement soon. For Whom the Bell Tolls is even older.
Hells Bells came out in 1980. That's 38 years ago.
And yes I feel old now.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:07 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Cledus wrote:

And yes I feel old now.
And Ernest Hemingway wrote For Whom the Bell Tolls in 1940 so now who's old

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:19 am

Montanabob wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Cledus wrote:

And yes I feel old now.
So, what are you finally realizing? You are all old as dirt. In ten years or so, some of you will need knee or hip replacements...Welcome to the Jungle is almost ten years newer than that stupid bell sound on third down...just saying update the playlist.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:05 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Cledus wrote:

And yes I feel old now.
So, what are you finally realizing? You are all old as dirt. In ten years or so, some of you will need knee or hip replacements...Welcome to the Jungle is almost ten years newer than that stupid bell sound on third down...just saying update the playlist.
:D

I had a knee replaced around 2006 so I guess that means I am almost in the ground...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:36 am

Who gives a crap how old some music is? If it's good, it's good. Guess I should get rid of all my Zeppelin and Eagles music.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Cledus wrote:Who gives a crap how old some music is? If it's good, it's good. Guess I should get rid of all my Zeppelin and Eagles music.
Zeppelin maybe. Never ever get rid of your Eagles music!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Cledus wrote:Who gives a crap how old some music is? If it's good, it's good. Guess I should get rid of all my Zeppelin and Eagles music.
Zeppelin maybe. Never ever get rid of your Eagles music!
Get out

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Since we are an original Ag College....

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Why not some Montana connected songs or artists?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:44 pm

AFCAT wrote:Why not some Montana connected songs or artists?
Okay. Jimmy Buffet got famous for doing the soundtrack about that movie about Livingstoned. Rancho Deluxe. How about a rousing rendition of one of his later classics: "Let's get drunk and screw." Beats the hell out of Neal Diamond's "Sweet Caroline!" Bring back the old Bobcat traditions.