2016 Attrition

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2016 Attrition

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Bobcat92 gets it. Good post right there.

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:Stitt = a-hole, Choate = player's coach. MSU will lose guys, but the griz are in a class of their own.
And you know he is an a-hole how? Ever met the guy? Just curious.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:09 pm

grizpack wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:Stitt = a-hole, Choate = player's coach. MSU will lose guys, but the griz are in a class of their own.
And you know he is an a-hole how? Ever met the guy? Just curious.
He blamed the player for not paying attention to his coaching, thus them losing the game. Yes that makes him ab a$$hole.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Who if anyone left after Ash took over?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:43 pm

lutecat wrote:Who if anyone left after Ash took over?

A d backbut can't remember his name. I believe he had issues with Noah Joseph. I think there were a couple of others but again the names elude me.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Cat_gld wrote:

A d backbut can't remember his name. I believe he had issues with Noah Joseph. I think there were a couple of others but again the names elude me.
Not really issues with Noah. He just wanted to move on/up.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Andy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Andy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:24 pm

I believe MT Tech inherited a very good starting QB during the Ash era.

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Andy wrote:
I believe MT Tech inherited a very good starting QB during the Ash era.

I "think" the question was about any of Coach Kramer's recruits who left after Coach Ash took over. Is that right Lutecat?

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Correct. Mcquery was an Ash recruit. I was asking about Kramer recruits that left when Ash took over.

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:11 pm

A good place to voice (post) admiration for Nick LaSane. I admire that he is still here. If he graduates after 4 years, good for him, but I hope he returns next year. His run against the Griz was magnificent. I've been interested in his career since he signed with us and coach Ash showed us game-film at the QBC. A real sad case that I hoped would right itself. Nick had big college career potential that was destroyed due to an injury. (That's how we got him.) Then he was injured again. It's a happy ending for him when he graduates, but it will be a near fairy-tail ending if he could leave his story on the field. He's shown glimpses of what he can do. I hope he can stay healthy and break out for one year.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Walk-on wrote:A good place to voice (post) admiration for Nick LaSane. I admire that he is still here. If he graduates after 4 years, good for him, but I hope he returns next year. His run against the Griz was magnificent. I've been interested in his career since he signed with us and coach Ash showed us game-film at the QBC. A real sad case that I hoped would right itself. Nick had big college career potential that was destroyed due to an injury. (That's how we got him.) Then he was injured again. It's a happy ending for him when he graduates, but it will be a near fairy-tail ending if he could leave his story on the field. He's shown glimpses of what he can do. I hope he can stay healthy and break out for one year.
Is there any indication that he might not return? I believe he's our number one back heading into Spring ball and rightfully so. We all saw glimpses of what he can do.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:14 pm

catatac wrote:
Walk-on wrote:A good place to voice (post) admiration for Nick LaSane. I admire that he is still here. If he graduates after 4 years, good for him, but I hope he returns next year. His run against the Griz was magnificent. I've been interested in his career since he signed with us and coach Ash showed us game-film at the QBC. A real sad case that I hoped would right itself. Nick had big college career potential that was destroyed due to an injury. (That's how we got him.) Then he was injured again. It's a happy ending for him when he graduates, but it will be a near fairy-tail ending if he could leave his story on the field. He's shown glimpses of what he can do. I hope he can stay healthy and break out for one year.
Is there any indication that he might not return? I believe he's our number one back heading into Spring ball and rightfully so. We all saw glimpses of what he can do.
LaSane has NFL measurables. I don't think the Cats have ever had a back with his combination of size and speed (I think he's listed around 5-11/220, and he was the fastest guy on our kick coverage team last season). If the Cats are going to be functional on offense next season, I think its going to have a lot to do with LaSane having a breakout year.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:41 am

The Butcher wrote:When I played for the Cats it was said that about 50% of the guys that came in as freshmen were expected to graduate (this was for college football in general). Right now I don't see a big issue, but if there is a huge purge in the next month, I would start to raise an eyebrow.
But Coach Gregorak also said this is in post-season interview, and I'm paraphrasing: "If your team is going to be GREAT, most of the freshman are still around as 4th or 5th year seniors."

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:46 am

Grizaddict wrote:
chucknewton wrote:When you don't know the facts, you should most likely not opine. I know that not all of these guys were "cut". Individual choices are none of your business, and you don't have knowledge of what's gone into a decision to leave the team. Don't be so quick to assume. Sometimes players leave because of reasons other than football. Think before you post.
I assume you're talking to me? At what point did I ever say these kids were cut. I simply made the point that there are already 7 kids from this year's roster who are gone from the Cats program. I was curious to what others thought as to how big this could become. I think it's just the beginning and Choate will have to do an overhaul similar to Stitt to make this team better.

I think he would be smart to do it as well and that it should not be a surprise to people here. I also think Stitt was smart to do so and that it will pay dividends. I also think it will take a year or two to see it happen. I only found it funny that Stitt took a ton of heat over here when he did this and now that it's starting here it's all rainbows and butterflies. That is all.

And to your point, a lot of that attrition at UM were for many reasons beyond just being "cut". Tons of things lead to these kids walking away, many which we will never know.
Not sure why you're being bashed for your comments GA. Coach Choate alluded to all of this and it's playing out. Not sure why everything involving a Griz poster turns into a D--k waiving contest. I personally think you'e being reasonable and thoughtful, so here's to ya. =D^
Last edited by WalkOn79 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:54 am

bobcat92 wrote:
catatac wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
catatac wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
chucknewton wrote:When you don't know the facts, you should most likely not opine. I know that not all of these guys were "cut". Individual choices are none of your business, and you don't have knowledge of what's gone into a decision to leave the team. Don't be so quick to assume. Sometimes players leave because of reasons other than football. Think before you post.
I assume you're talking to me? At what point did I ever say these kids were cut. I simply made the point that there are already 7 kids from this year's roster who are gone from the Cats program. I was curious to what others thought as to how big this could become. I think it's just the beginning and Choate will have to do an overhaul similar to Stitt to make this team better.

I think he would be smart to do it as well and that it should not be a surprise to people here. I also think Stitt was smart to do so and that it will pay dividends. I also think it will take a year or two to see it happen. I only found it funny that Stitt took a ton of heat over here when he did this and now that it's starting here it's all rainbows and butterflies. That is all.

And to your point, a lot of that attrition at UM were for many reasons beyond just being "cut". Tons of things lead to these kids walking away, many which we will never know.
The main differences I see are that Choate's changes won't be as drastic and dramatic as Stitt's, and also there is a lot of scuttle out there (And I mean a lot, enough to where you know there is at least some truth to it) about a lot of Stitt's players, parents, MT coaches that are not happy with the way he runs things. No, I'm not talking about a bunch of disgruntled parents because their kids got cut, but rather HOW Stitt is doing things. I have not heard one negative peep about how Choate is running things, even after these recent departures. Lastly, looking at how the MSU season ended versus how they ended for UM, "on paper" it looks like something is causing a downward trend over there. Ours appears to be upward. As you say though, let's look back in a couple years and see. \:D/
I call BS on most of this post. Of course there will be a few players/parents/coaches that aren't completely happy. But Stitt and the staff are recruiting MT hard and it is paying off. I know a few HS coaches in Yellowstone county that really like Stitt and his staff. Stitt did a complete overhaul and probably did ruffle some feathers. But the players that are sticking around are committed to the program. He is getting the type of players that he wants. Good students and good athletes. And I know of at least one parent that is pissed at how Choate handled things. But it is a disgruntled parent so I don't give it much thought. I actually think Choate is and will be great for the cat program. But guarantee there will be more turnover. And we will see if the cats are on an "upward trend". First season was 4-7 but you did beat the Griz. Wonder if Choate can have a winning record in year 2. Year 3 will be big for Stitt. If the "downward trend" continues Stitt won't be around long.
Well you can "call BS" on whatever you want, but it doesn't change what I've heard. No big deal. I don't claim to know all or even most of the HS coaches in MT, but I do know a few, and I know a few refs, and I know several HS recruits in MT due to friends and relatives. All I'm saying is that there seems to be quite a few that are disappointed with how Stitt is running things. Maybe you and I just know and talk to different people that have contrasting views on Stitt. The majority of people I know are disappointed at this point. If the majority of MT coaches, players, parents, whoever you know are all happy and optimistic about the way he's running things, good for you guys, we'll see how things play out. You can't tell me you aren't at least somewhat questioning what the hell Stitt is doing over there after how last season ended.
Coaching changes will result in roster turn over. I wonder how Choate will be seen after this off season? I wouldn't be throwing rocks at glass houses. I was slightly surprised by the turn over at UM but after hearing about the changes Stitt made on the offense it made sense. If your skill set fit in well with a pro style type offense and he runs his type of offense with no TE etc. Then why would you stick around if it doesn't fit you? MSU is going to see more changes based on the same type of changes.

I have heard some of the same rumblings about Stitt at the high school level but what coach is going to be happy with his best player leaving a FCS team because they felt like they didn't fit in with the new coaching staff? If I remember correctly Krammer took a lot of heat his first couple of years at MSU because of the players that left after he took over.

The honeymoon is over for Choate as far as disgruntled players leaving the team and posting on social media.

Keep it in perspective that we are only one year behind as to where UM is currently.

I would hope we have a limited amount of players leave the team but realistically I don't see that being the case.
I was there for Krammer's first Senior day at MSU. I think there were 3 players recognized, the rest were GONE!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:56 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Not sure why you're being bashed for your comments GA. Coach Choate alluded to all of this and it's playing out. Not sure why everything involving a Griz poster turns into a D--k waiving contest. I personally think you'e being reasonable and thoughtful, so here's to ya. =D^
Thanks WalkOn. I try to not be d-bag over here but i understand how fans get defensive just from my username. I follow Cats football and FCS a ton so I enjoy these various boards.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:42 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
I was there for Krammer's first Senior day at MSU. I think there were 3 players recognized, the rest were GONE!
What season was it that there was ONE senior on on "Senior Day" under Kramer? Kramer did not care about keeping players or for that matter graduating his players...

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 pm

The Butcher wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
What season was it that there was ONE senior on on "Senior Day" under Kramer? Kramer did not care about keeping players or for that matter graduating his players...
Kramer's first class only had one recruit make it all the way through his senior year. Coincidentally Glenn's class at um that year had the same number (one).

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:45 am

Update on Ojo.
https://twitter.com/JuiceOjo/status/819685283885154304

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:02 am

Hawks86 wrote:Update on Ojo.
https://twitter.com/JuiceOjo/status/819685283885154304
Grammar and sentence structure needs some work but I hope BJ gets an opportunity somewhere.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."