2016 Attrition

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: 2016 Attrition

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:That's 7 total so far. I'm guessing this is just the beginning and this number could double or even triple. What do you guys think? When Stitt did this he took a lot of heat over here. It's the nature of the beast and something that needs to be done for your team to get even better in my opinion.
It could triple who knows, but give me a break you just pulled that number out of your pompous ass to stir the pot. My only suggestion is keep trying and I guarantee you will find a way to justify your number!Haha, triple hell it may quadruple.
Pulled the number 7 from my ass? Here, count slowly if you have to.....Braun, Strong, Holmes, Ojo, Bray, Perry, Channer. That's 7 kids who were on the roster who aren't any longer. My guess is this is just the start.
Braun retired due to medical reasons, so if you want us to count slowly you should also read a little better. The comparison to Stitts purge isn't the same. He cut, forced out, asked to leave, whatever you want to call it, guys that were big contributors. Now if Choate forces out Herbert like Stitt did Henderson then we can talk.
Henderson was academically ineligible due to his health issues and not going to class. Public knowledge. And if Braun doesn't count because of medical reasons, nor did

Ellis Henderson - ineligible
Will Weyer - retired and became assistant
Jake Dallasera - retired from injury
Reese Carlson - retired to become youth pastor
Ryan Burke - retired over concussions

For whatever reason those all counted to fans here so Braun is fair game too right?
Worthless, is this fun for you to compare who left and for what reason regardless of the school ? Please go back to your bean bag, take your pants off, and continue to eat your Cheetos.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:That's 7 total so far. I'm guessing this is just the beginning and this number could double or even triple. What do you guys think? When Stitt did this he took a lot of heat over here. It's the nature of the beast and something that needs to be done for your team to get even better in my opinion.
It could triple who knows, but give me a break you just pulled that number out of your pompous ass to stir the pot. My only suggestion is keep trying and I guarantee you will find a way to justify your number!Haha, triple hell it may quadruple.
Pulled the number 7 from my ass? Here, count slowly if you have to.....Braun, Strong, Holmes, Ojo, Bray, Perry, Channer. That's 7 kids who were on the roster who aren't any longer. My guess is this is just the start.
Braun retired due to medical reasons, so if you want us to count slowly you should also read a little better. The comparison to Stitts purge isn't the same. He cut, forced out, asked to leave, whatever you want to call it, guys that were big contributors. Now if Choate forces out Herbert like Stitt did Henderson then we can talk.

Henderson was academically ineligible due to his health issues and not going to class. Public knowledge. And if Braun doesn't count because of medical reasons, nor did

Ellis Henderson - ineligible
Will Weyer - retired and became assistant
Jake Dallasera - retired from injury
Reese Carlson - retired to become youth pastor
Ryan Burke - retired over concussions

For whatever reason those all counted to fans here so Braun is fair game too right?
Worthless, is this fun for you to compare who left and for what reason regardless of the school ? Please go back to your bean bag, take your pants off, and continue to eat your Cheetos.
Please go back and read what I added and answer my questions. I'm curious what you come up with. You made a jab at me earlier, I pro ed you were wrong, and now you want to pick up your marbles and go home.

chucknewton
New Recruit

Post by chucknewton » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:22 pm

When you don't know the facts, you should most likely not opine. I know that not all of these guys were "cut". Individual choices are none of your business, and you don't have knowledge of what's gone into a decision to leave the team. Don't be so quick to assume. Sometimes players leave because of reasons other than football. Think before you post.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:25 pm

I am guessing with 14 seniors plus others for a total in the area of 25 by february.
Curious on a few what the reasons.
Some are just life.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:38 am

chucknewton wrote:When you don't know the facts, you should most likely not opine. I know that not all of these guys were "cut". Individual choices are none of your business, and you don't have knowledge of what's gone into a decision to leave the team. Don't be so quick to assume. Sometimes players leave because of reasons other than football. Think before you post.

You are absolutely correct.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:02 am

When I played for the Cats it was said that about 50% of the guys that came in as freshmen were expected to graduate (this was for college football in general). Right now I don't see a big issue, but if there is a huge purge in the next month, I would start to raise an eyebrow.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:24 am

The Butcher wrote:When I played for the Cats it was said that about 50% of the guys that came in as freshmen were expected to graduate (this was for college football in general). Right now I don't see a big issue, but if there is a huge purge in the next month, I would start to raise an eyebrow.
Did they have APR then? It only really hurts when guys have bad grades and flat out quit college. If they transfer with good grades and graduate. It really doesn't hurt much.

Choate stated it takes 18-24 months to get his culture implemented. So, I think attrition could be high during that time and then level off after.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:33 am

Hawks86 wrote:
The Butcher wrote:When I played for the Cats it was said that about 50% of the guys that came in as freshmen were expected to graduate (this was for college football in general). Right now I don't see a big issue, but if there is a huge purge in the next month, I would start to raise an eyebrow.
Did they have APR then? It only really hurts when guys have bad grades and flat out quit college. If they transfer with good grades and graduate. It really doesn't hurt much.

Choate stated it takes 18-24 months to get his culture implemented. So, I think attrition could be high during that time and then level off after.

No APR, but the attrition rate was for numerous reasons that I wouldn't expect to have changed with that NCAA rule in place.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Four more removed from Montana State roster
http://skylinesportsmt.com/four-more-re ... te-roster/

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:00 pm

chucknewton wrote:When you don't know the facts, you should most likely not opine. I know that not all of these guys were "cut". Individual choices are none of your business, and you don't have knowledge of what's gone into a decision to leave the team. Don't be so quick to assume. Sometimes players leave because of reasons other than football. Think before you post.
I assume you're talking to me? At what point did I ever say these kids were cut. I simply made the point that there are already 7 kids from this year's roster who are gone from the Cats program. I was curious to what others thought as to how big this could become. I think it's just the beginning and Choate will have to do an overhaul similar to Stitt to make this team better.

I think he would be smart to do it as well and that it should not be a surprise to people here. I also think Stitt was smart to do so and that it will pay dividends. I also think it will take a year or two to see it happen. I only found it funny that Stitt took a ton of heat over here when he did this and now that it's starting here it's all rainbows and butterflies. That is all.

And to your point, a lot of that attrition at UM were for many reasons beyond just being "cut". Tons of things lead to these kids walking away, many which we will never know.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
I assume you're talking to me? At what point did I ever say these kids were cut. I simply made the point that there are already 7 kids from this year's roster who are gone from the Cats program. I was curious to what others thought as to how big this could become. I think it's just the beginning and Choate will have to do an overhaul similar to Stitt to make this team better.

I think he would be smart to do it as well and that it should not be a surprise to people here. I also think Stitt was smart to do so and that it will pay dividends. I also think it will take a year or two to see it happen. I only found it funny that Stitt took a ton of heat over here when he did this and now that it's starting here it's all rainbows and butterflies. That is all.

And to your point, a lot of that attrition at UM were for many reasons beyond just being "cut". Tons of things lead to these kids walking away, many which we will never know.
The main differences I see are that Choate's changes won't be as drastic and dramatic as Stitt's, and also there is a lot of scuttle out there (And I mean a lot, enough to where you know there is at least some truth to it) about a lot of Stitt's players, parents, MT coaches that are not happy with the way he runs things. No, I'm not talking about a bunch of disgruntled parents because their kids got cut, but rather HOW Stitt is doing things. I have not heard one negative peep about how Choate is running things, even after these recent departures. Lastly, looking at how the MSU season ended versus how they ended for UM, "on paper" it looks like something is causing a downward trend over there. Ours appears to be upward. As you say though, let's look back in a couple years and see. \:D/

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:54 pm

catatac wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

The main differences I see are that Choate's changes won't be as drastic and dramatic as Stitt's, and also there is a lot of scuttle out there (And I mean a lot, enough to where you know there is at least some truth to it) about a lot of Stitt's players, parents, MT coaches that are not happy with the way he runs things. No, I'm not talking about a bunch of disgruntled parents because their kids got cut, but rather HOW Stitt is doing things. I have not heard one negative peep about how Choate is running things, even after these recent departures. Lastly, looking at how the MSU season ended versus how they ended for UM, "on paper" it looks like something is causing a downward trend over there. Ours appears to be upward. As you say though, let's look back in a couple years and see. \:D/
I call BS on most of this post. Of course there will be a few players/parents/coaches that aren't completely happy. But Stitt and the staff are recruiting MT hard and it is paying off. I know a few HS coaches in Yellowstone county that really like Stitt and his staff. Stitt did a complete overhaul and probably did ruffle some feathers. But the players that are sticking around are committed to the program. He is getting the type of players that he wants. Good students and good athletes. And I know of at least one parent that is pissed at how Choate handled things. But it is a disgruntled parent so I don't give it much thought. I actually think Choate is and will be great for the cat program. But guarantee there will be more turnover. And we will see if the cats are on an "upward trend". First season was 4-7 but you did beat the Griz. Wonder if Choate can have a winning record in year 2. Year 3 will be big for Stitt. If the "downward trend" continues Stitt won't be around long.

GO GRIZ!

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:04 pm

The rules seem very clear.... Griz do it = BAD. Cats do it = GOOD... :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I know... The rules are reversed on egriz...

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:11 pm

grizpack wrote:The rules seem very clear.... Griz do it = BAD. Cats do it = GOOD... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty much.

I hope Choate gets rid of quite a few players. If we want to be a good team, he'll have to. Our talent level just ain't gonna cut it.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:22 pm

grizpack wrote:The rules seem very clear.... Griz do it = BAD. Cats do it = GOOD... :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah but on egriz, they are not very smart. Here it is the opposite. Don't you know?

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:23 pm

BDizzle wrote:
catatac wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I know a HS FB coach that likes Stitt.

I call BS on most of this post. Of course there will be a few players/parents/coaches that aren't completely happy. But Stitt and the staff are recruiting MT hard and it is paying off. I know a few HS coaches in Yellowstone county that really like Stitt and his staff. Stitt did a complete overhaul and probably did ruffle some feathers. But the players that are sticking around are committed to the program. He is getting the type of players that he wants. Good students and good athletes. And I know of at least one parent that is pissed at how Choate handled things. But it is a disgruntled parent so I don't give it much thought. I actually think Choate is and will be great for the cat program. But guarantee there will be more turnover. And we will see if the cats are on an "upward trend". First season was 4-7 but you did beat the Griz. Wonder if Choate can have a winning record in year 2. Year 3 will be big for Stitt. If the "downward trend" continues Stitt won't be around long.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:33 pm

BDizzle wrote:
catatac wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Yeah, well there's no accounting for taste... :roll:

Doc3kgt
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Doc3kgt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:51 am

Stitt = a-hole, Choate = player's coach. MSU will lose guys, but the griz are in a class of their own.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:44 pm

BDizzle wrote:
catatac wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Well you can "call BS" on whatever you want, but it doesn't change what I've heard. No big deal. I don't claim to know all or even most of the HS coaches in MT, but I do know a few, and I know a few refs, and I know several HS recruits in MT due to friends and relatives. All I'm saying is that there seems to be quite a few that are disappointed with how Stitt is running things. Maybe you and I just know and talk to different people that have contrasting views on Stitt. The majority of people I know are disappointed at this point. If the majority of MT coaches, players, parents, whoever you know are all happy and optimistic about the way he's running things, good for you guys, we'll see how things play out. You can't tell me you aren't at least somewhat questioning what the hell Stitt is doing over there after how last season ended.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:01 pm

catatac wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
catatac wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Well you can "call BS" on whatever you want, but it doesn't change what I've heard. No big deal. I don't claim to know all or even most of the HS coaches in MT, but I do know a few, and I know a few refs, and I know several HS recruits in MT due to friends and relatives. All I'm saying is that there seems to be quite a few that are disappointed with how Stitt is running things. Maybe you and I just know and talk to different people that have contrasting views on Stitt. The majority of people I know are disappointed at this point. If the majority of MT coaches, players, parents, whoever you know are all happy and optimistic about the way he's running things, good for you guys, we'll see how things play out. You can't tell me you aren't at least somewhat questioning what the hell Stitt is doing over there after how last season ended.
Coaching changes will result in roster turn over. I wonder how Choate will be seen after this off season? I wouldn't be throwing rocks at glass houses. I was slightly surprised by the turn over at UM but after hearing about the changes Stitt made on the offense it made sense. If your skill set fit in well with a pro style type offense and he runs his type of offense with no TE etc. Then why would you stick around if it doesn't fit you? MSU is going to see more changes based on the same type of changes.

I have heard some of the same rumblings about Stitt at the high school level but what coach is going to be happy with his best player leaving a FCS team because they felt like they didn't fit in with the new coaching staff? If I remember correctly Krammer took a lot of heat his first couple of years at MSU because of the players that left after he took over.

The honeymoon is over for Choate as far as disgruntled players leaving the team and posting on social media.

Keep it in perspective that we are only one year behind as to where UM is currently.

I would hope we have a limited amount of players leave the team but realistically I don't see that being the case.