2016 Attrition

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

2016 Attrition

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:09 pm

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/809489094128435200 https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/809489376883290112 I had high hopes for Channer but from what we are bringing in on the offensive line, specifically on the interior, I'm not surprised. Kash Perry just didn't have the athletic ability for this level but kudos to him for giving it a shot. I thought Keegan Bray had a shot as maybe a defensive end but he was a PWO two years ago.

As for BJ Ojo...not surprised.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2016 Attrition

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:25 pm

so what exactly does that mean? Did the players choose to leave, or did the coaches basically "cut" them?

I thought Bj Ojo had potential...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:27 pm

mslacatfan wrote:so what exactly does that mean? Did the players choose to leave, or did the coaches basically "cut" them?

Likely means cut.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Perry (partial) and Ojo (full) would be the only scholarship players, correct?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:34 pm

bobcat99 wrote:Perry (partial) and Ojo (full) would be the only scholarship players, correct?
Correct.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:50 pm

https://twitter.com/OKTr3C/status/809247575052341248 Obviously BJ Ojo is #TeamHoy.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:58 pm

VimSince03 wrote:https://twitter.com/OKTr3C/status/809247575052341248 Obviously BJ Ojo is #TeamHoy.
Yeah and do you remember who the third of the trio was?

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:02 pm

mslacatfan wrote:so what exactly does that mean? Did the players choose to leave, or did the coaches basically "cut" them?

I really thought BJ had the ability to be good, didn't he get hurt this spring, I might be thinking of someone else.
Channer was a guy who I thought they were pretty high on, smart kid and a good wrestler.

Wish these guys good luck in the future.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:09 pm

kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:https://twitter.com/OKTr3C/status/809247575052341248 Obviously BJ Ojo is #TeamHoy.
Yeah and do you remember who the third of the trio was?
Well take your pick. DE Chris Robinson or DB Sidney Holmes?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Sounds like some cancer on the team, I hope Choate purges it.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:37 pm

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:06 pm

That's 7 total so far. I'm guessing this is just the beginning and this number could double or even triple. What do you guys think? When Stitt did this he took a lot of heat over here. It's the nature of the beast and something that needs to be done for your team to get even better in my opinion.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:11 pm

Grizaddict wrote:That's 7 total so far. I'm guessing this is just the beginning and this number could double or even triple. What do you guys think? When Stitt did this he took a lot of heat over here. It's the nature of the beast and something that needs to be done for your team to get even better in my opinion.
It's 6, and even if it tripled its still would be far short of the 50 new faces that showed up on your roster. Most of us knew this was coming, but much of it started last winter, we added a ton of guys last year. I think we will sign 25-30 guys this year, not including transfers.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:18 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:That's 7 total so far. I'm guessing this is just the beginning and this number could double or even triple. What do you guys think? When Stitt did this he took a lot of heat over here. It's the nature of the beast and something that needs to be done for your team to get even better in my opinion.
It's 6, and even if it tripled its still would be far short of the 50 new faces that showed up on your roster. Most of us knew this was coming, but much of it started last winter, we added a ton of guys last year. I think we will sign 25-30 guys this year, not including transfers.
Agree. Plus, I also think any purging beind done by Choate is purely for all the right reasons, and is going to work out better than what Stitt did and is doing. Just my opinion of course.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:23 pm

How'd that work out for Stitt?

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:38 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
How'd that work out for Stitt?
You guys do realize it was 41 new faces on the Griz roster compared to 38 on the Cats right? That's my point, Stitt did it to make the tea,m better and grow it his way. Choate is starting to do it, too. You guys were all over Stitt doing it last season and it's about to happen in Bozeman (at least you should hope so if you want to get better and upgrade the talent).

We don't kniw how it will work out for Stitt until year 3 or probably more like 4, just as we won't know with Choate.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:46 pm

It could triple who knows, but give me a break you just pulled that number out of your pompous ass to stir the pot. My only suggestion is keep trying and I guarantee you will find a way to justify your number!Haha, triple hell it may quadruple.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
It could triple who knows, but give me a break you just pulled that number out of your pompous ass to stir the pot. My only suggestion is keep trying and I guarantee you will find a way to justify your number!Haha, triple hell it may quadruple.
Pulled the number 7 from my ass? Here, count slowly if you have to.....Braun, Strong, Holmes, Ojo, Bray, Perry, Channer. That's 7 kids who were on the roster who aren't any longer. My guess is this is just the start.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Pulled the number 7 from my ass? Here, count slowly if you have to.....Braun, Strong, Holmes, Ojo, Bray, Perry, Channer. That's 7 kids who were on the roster who aren't any longer. My guess is this is just the start.
Braun retired due to medical reasons, so if you want us to count slowly you should also read a little better. The comparison to Stitts purge isn't the same. He cut, forced out, asked to leave, whatever you want to call it, guys that were big contributors. Now if Choate forces out Herbert like Stitt did Henderson then we can talk.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:21 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Braun retired due to medical reasons, so if you want us to count slowly you should also read a little better. The comparison to Stitts purge isn't the same. He cut, forced out, asked to leave, whatever you want to call it, guys that were big contributors. Now if Choate forces out Herbert like Stitt did Henderson then we can talk.
Henderson was academically ineligible due to his health issues and not going to class. Public knowledge. And if Braun doesn't count because of medical reasons, nor did

Ellis Henderson - ineligible
Will Weyer - retired and became assistant
Jake Dallasera - retired from injury
Reese Carlson - retired to become youth pastor
Ryan Burke - retired over concussions

For whatever reason those all counted to fans here so Braun is fair game too right? Stitt forced out big contributors? Please enlighten me with names then. The only contributors who didn't come back were not back due to retiring or being ineligible. Manu Rasmussen was the only other getting some playing time until Yamen sanders beat him out and he was sent to just special teams, which is why he left.