Depth Chart Going Into Spring Ball

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

77matcat
Member # Retired

Re: Depth Chart Going Into Spring Ball

Post by 77matcat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:36 am

Well put.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:42 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Bemiller49 wrote:And getting this back on track....Vim, I am surprised you haven't added your thoughts on what the spring depth chart will be. You usually have good insight on this. Thoughts?
My best guess at the starting lineup:

QB: Chris Murray
HB: Nick LaSane/Anthony Pegues/Logan Jones
FB: Noah James
WR (X): Mitch Herbert
WR (H): John D'Agistino
WR (Z): Kevin Kassis/Justin Paige
TE: Connor Sullivan
LT: Dylan Mahoney
LG: Jake McFetridge/Taylor Tuiasosopo
C: Alex Neale
RG: Monte Folsom
RT: Mitch Brott

DE: Tyrone Fa'anono
DT: Zach Wright
NT: Tucker Yates
Buck: Grant Collins
Sam: Mac Bignell
Mike: Lukas McCarthy/Walker Cozzie/Sean Opland/Austin Barrette (wide open competition)
Will: Josh Hill
Field Corner: Bryce Alley/Damien Washington
Boundary Corner: Naijiel Hale/Tavon Dodd
FS: Bryson McCabe
SS: Brayden Konkol/Khari Garcia

K: Gabe Peppenger
P: Jered Padmos
LS: Rocky Hogue

I'm not going to develop a two-deep until after signing day. Redshirt freshman who are going to get a significant look to make the two-deep:

Balue Chapman at Sam Linebacker
Michael Jobman at Buck End
Kyle Finch at Buck End
Lewis Kidd on the Defensive Line
Sean Opland at Middle Linebacker
Austin Barrette at Middle Linebacker
Taylor Tuiasosopo at Left Guard
Jacob Hadley at Safety
Taylor Tuiasosopo practiced with the defensive line for most of the last month of the season. But that could have been for depth purposes since MSU had plenty of offensive linemen and a shortage of defensive linemen last fall.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bemiller49 wrote:And getting this back on track....Vim, I am surprised you haven't added your thoughts on what the spring depth chart will be. You usually have good insight on this. Thoughts?

Mike: Lukas McCarthy/Walker Cozzie/Sean Opland/Austin Barrette (wide open competition)

I'm not going to develop a two-deep until after signing day. Redshirt freshman who are going to get a significant look to make the two-deep:

Kyle Finch at Buck End
Jacob Hadley at Safety
Taylor Tuiasosopo practiced with the defensive line for most of the last month of the season. But that could have been for depth purposes since MSU had plenty of offensive linemen and a shortage of defensive linemen last fall.
Yeah heard about that and was told it was kind of a Woody Brandom situation. I also heard they moved Kyle Murack to the defensive line the final month of the season to get some reps (may be a permanent move) just in case more guys went down. I've also been told that the left guard spot will be a battle between Jake and Taylor with Wade Webster having a shot. Of course, things change quickly in college football.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:10 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Kyle Finch at Buck End
Jacob Hadley at Safety
Yeah heard about that and was told it was kind of a Woody Brandom situation. I also heard they moved Kyle Murack to the defensive line the final month of the season to get some reps (may be a permanent move) just in case more guys went down. I've also been told that the left guard spot will be a battle between Jake and Taylor with Wade Webster having a shot. Of course, things change quickly in college football.
I kinda thought the LG spot would be given to either Folsom or Gillis. But who knows

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Kyle Finch at Buck End
Jacob Hadley at Safety
I kinda thought the LG spot would be given to either Folsom or Gillis. But who knows
If you noticed last year, when JP went out, Jake would be the next guy up at LG. Folsom is our RG and will likely stay there. Gillis could compete at LG but I like him on the right side backing up both RG and RT. Anyway, was told Jake, Taylor, and Wade at the LG spot.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Kyle Finch at Buck End
Jacob Hadley at Safety
If you noticed last year, when JP went out, Jake would be the next guy up at LG. Folsom is our RG and will likely stay there. Gillis could compete at LG but I like him on the right side backing up both RG and RT. Anyway, was told Jake, Taylor, and Wade at the LG spot.
Gotcha. Makes sense forgot about who came in when JP went down

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:48 pm

I look forward to seeing how Damien Washington progresses at corner.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:19 pm

kwcat wrote:I look forward to seeing how Damien Washington progresses at corner.
I thought Chris Harris looked pretty good in the limited amount he played.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:25 pm

catscat wrote:
kwcat wrote:I look forward to seeing how Damien Washington progresses at corner.
I thought Chris Harris looked pretty good in the limited amount he played.
He will be in the mix. My list was just a prediction. Will definitely be in the 2-deep.

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Bump this up, pretty sure your not supposed to respond to the Spam threads. You gain nothing and it's harder for Mods to clean up.

When is the Big time DT commit gonna happen? I'm ready anytime. I'll just sit hear and wait....

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:25 pm

asstastic wrote:Bump this up, pretty sure your not supposed to respond to the Spam threads. You gain nothing and it's harder for Mods to clean up.

When is the Big time DT commit gonna happen? I'm ready anytime. I'll just sit hear and wait....
We have one committed already. Travis Yates is a 3-star DT. Jaxen Hashley can also play inside. So I guess you don't have to wait any longer?

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:24 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
asstastic wrote:Bump this up, pretty sure your not supposed to respond to the Spam threads. You gain nothing and it's harder for Mods to clean up.

We have one committed already. Travis Yates is a 3-star DT. Jaxen Hashley can also play inside. So I guess you don't have to wait any longer?
As usual, you are completely right, we do have a couple good commits. I think I'm just waiting for another boom, agonizingly quite around here but maybe that's a good thing?

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 pm

asstastic wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

As usual, you are completely right, we do have a couple good commits. I think I'm just waiting for another boom, agonizingly quite around here but maybe that's a good thing?
The current commits we have now may just be our scholarshipped signing day class on signing day. Coaches are just trying to hold on to all of them. The scholarship and roster situation wasn't really ever going to allow a 30 person class of scholarship players this year. If we hold on to the current commits, this will be perceived as a very good class top to bottom.

So I guess we got spoiled with verbals early on this fall and now we don't know what to do with ourselves as fans if we don't here a #Boom during the final three weeks. :lol:

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:15 pm

Is it up to the coaches or some other department for updating the roster online? I don't understand how we are so slow on this, considering what our school is. UM has an updated 2017 roster, which I am sure will update again shortly after signing day. Does our athletic department not see this as a priority? To me, it seems as laziness or just not caring.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Bemiller49 wrote:Is it up to the coaches or some other department for updating the roster online? I don't understand how we are so slow on this, considering what our school is. UM has an updated 2017 roster, which I am sure will update again shortly after signing day. Does our athletic department not see this as a priority? To me, it seems as laziness or just not caring.
I've been saying this for 15 years. It's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk