2017 CONFIRMED Schedule

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2017 CONFIRMED Schedule

Post by ImagineSanta » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:58 am

bobcatbob wrote:If you are planning to attend the WA .St. game on 9/2, you need to start planning now. Most of the hotels in Moscow and Pullman are already sold out. I was lucky to get a reservation at the Best Western Plus University in Moscow by calling them direct. All the online sites showed them as sold out.
Not necessarily. The drive from Spokane to Pullman is quite pleasant and only takes a little over an hour.
Also, you could stay at the CDA Resort and Hotel in Worley, ID and drive down as well. Plenty of options!

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

BroncoCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BroncoCat » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:08 am

ImagineSanta wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:If you are planning to attend the WA .St. game on 9/2, you need to start planning now. Most of the hotels in Moscow and Pullman are already sold out. I was lucky to get a reservation at the Best Western Plus University in Moscow by calling them direct. All the online sites showed them as sold out.
Not necessarily. The drive from Spokane to Pullman is quite pleasant and only takes a little over an hour.
Also, you could stay at the CDA Resort and Hotel in Worley, ID and drive down as well. Plenty of options!
maybe our trip was an exception, but after a WSU game the drive from Pullman to Spokane took almost 3 hours.
It was pretty exhausting, and I told myself I wouldn't do it again.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:39 am

BroncoCat wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
maybe our trip was an exception, but after a WSU game the drive from Pullman to Spokane took almost 3 hours.
That is my experience as well. Except it was in a blizzard and took over 4 hours!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:16 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
BroncoCat wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
That is my experience as well. Except it was in a blizzard and took over 4 hours!
I am aware you can stay in Spokane or Coeur D'alene and it will be pretty easy to get a room there. My point is if you want to stay in Moscow or Pullman you need to start planning now. I don't know if a lot of these hotels keep waiting lists in the event of cancellations. I was amazed that all the decent hotels in these towns were already sold out. Your best bet is too call the hotels directly and not use online booking services.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:45 pm

Wow, although I am happy with the lack of cupcake matchups on this schedule, it could be a very difficult season for us. The first 3 games are as difficult as anyone's in the conference. Then we battle Weber State and Portland State at home, Weber a tough returning playoff team and I will never count out #Barneyball! The best chance to put together a string of W's is probably @ Northern Colorado (not a gimme obviously) and then Idaho State and Kennesaw State at home. I HATE traveling to Flagstaff, where we traditionally struggle horribly, the week before Cat/Griz. I know it is a conference game and scheduling was out of our hands but that could be brutal.

With that being said, next year should be a huge measuring stick on where this program is at and where we are headed. I predict we go 6-5 (W's-No Dak, Portland State, No Col, Idaho St, Kennesaw St, Montana) which I think you have to consider a big success considering the last several years, and laying the foundation for a VERY bright future!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:45 pm

I think we'll be improved next year and I thought we were a gnat's hair away from being 6-5 this year, so just going off what we have coming back and what others have coming back, I got us at 6-2, 8-3. Losses to WSU, UND, and NAU.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:08 pm

iaafan wrote:I think we'll be improved next year and I thought we were a gnat's hair away from being 6-5 this year, so just going off what we have coming back and what others have coming back, I got us at 6-2, 8-3. Losses to WSU, UND, and NAU.
I would be absolutely ecstatic with 8-3 but unfortunately I'm planning for 6-5 or 5-6. Call that a loser attitude or whatever but we're in a rebuilding phase and that is a brutal schedule. I see losses to WSU, SDSU, EWU, and NAU. Then I think we lose one more to UND, Weber, or PSU. Then unfortunately Cat\Griz will probably be another "Just for Pride" game for both teams.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Didn't believe you so I checked myself! EVERYTHING is sold out!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:07 pm

BroncoCat wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
The drive back to Worley this year was no bargain either, but mostly due to road construction. Should be a much better road next fall.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:40 pm

catatac wrote:
iaafan wrote:I think we'll be improved next year and I thought we were a gnat's hair away from being 6-5 this year, so just going off what we have coming back and what others have coming back, I got us at 6-2, 8-3. Losses to WSU, UND, and NAU.
I would be absolutely ecstatic with 8-3 but unfortunately I'm planning for 6-5 or 5-6. Call that a loser attitude or whatever but we're in a rebuilding phase and that is a brutal schedule. I see losses to WSU, SDSU, EWU, and NAU. Then I think we lose one more to UND, Weber, or PSU. Then unfortunately Cat\Griz will probably be another "Just for Pride" game for both teams.
9-2
Loses to ISU and Portland.
See you in Frisco!

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Guns n Roses is playing The Gorge the night after the WSU game, on 9/3. Just FYI...

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:34 pm

91catAlum wrote:Guns n Roses is playing The Gorge the night after the WSU game, on 9/3. Just FYI...
I like where your mind is at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:39 pm

wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:Guns n Roses is playing The Gorge the night after the WSU game, on 9/3. Just FYI...
I like where your mind is at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely like that...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Lewiston ID would be the best bet if everything is sold out. They have plenty of rooms and it will be in the early fall aka summer so there won't be any blizzards. I have stayed in Lewiston/Clarkston many a times and they have a few hotels on the river that offer real impressive views.

If your left, you aren’t right.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:07 pm

A copy of the article describing each game weekend as well as early ticket program.

http://www.msubobcats.com/news/2016/12/ ... ckets.aspx

BOZEMAN, Mont. – Montana State University officially announced the 2017 football schedule on Monday, Dec. 12, which is highlighted by six home games at Bobcat Stadium and a brand new season ticket deposit program.

Beginning on Wednesday, Dec. 14, fans looking to become Bobcat football season ticket holders can begin the process by placing a $100 deposit to secure their seats in Bobcat Stadium. This brand-new program is designed to make it easier for fans who are not currently season ticket holders to join the family.

New season ticket deposits will be taken from Wednesday, Dec. 14, through May 1. Fans who place a new season ticket deposit of $100 will be placed on a priority waiting list and will be personally contacted by the Bobcat ticket office and given first opportunity after 2016 renewals to choose their seat locations. Additionally, everyone who places a $100 deposit before Jan. 23 will receive a free pair of basketball tickets to any remaining home men's or women's basketball game, excluding the Feb. 25 Cat-Griz matchups.

"We're thrilled to begin this new season ticket holder deposit program," said Leon Costello, Director of Athletics. "Bobcat fans are already looking forward to the 2017 season and this gives them an opportunity to lock in earlier and secure their seats like never before."

The first 500 new 2017 season tickets holders will receive a complimentary Montana State Football Season Ticket Holder paperweight (due to availability, new season ticket holders will be eligible for sideline seats only and a Bobcat Club membership is required for select sideline sections before tickets can be purchased). Deposits can be made over the phone (406-994-CATS or 800-808-5940) or in person (Brick Breeden Fieldhouse) with the Bobcat Ticket Office.

"Season ticket holders receive exclusive benefits, including the lowest per-game ticket price, guaranteed Cat/Griz tickets (during home years), souvenir ticket books and more," said Bethany Cordell, Associate Athletics Director for Marketing/Operations. "With the holidays right around the corner, this $100 deposit is a perfect last-minute gift for that friend or family member who has always talked about wanting Bobcat football season tickets."

Season ticket renewals for current (2016) season ticket holders will begin on Monday, Jan. 23. All 2016 football season ticket holders who renew their accounts by the renewal deadline (May 1) will receive priority access to home single-game tickets, including Cat/Griz (based on availability) and the Washington State road game. Various 'thank you' prizes will be randomly given out through the renewal process, including gear, tickets to a road game and more.

Montana State opens the season by traveling to Washington State for its10th meeting with the Cougars on Sept. 2, while head coach Jeff Choate will make his first MSU appearance in Pullman since he served as an assistant under current WSU head coach Mike Leach in 2012.

The Bobcats make their 2017 home debut by hosting FCS Playoff quarterfinalist South Dakota State Sept. 9 in the annual Gold Rush game. It will be the 14th meeting between the nonconference foes.

MSU begins conference play with a trip to North Dakota to face the defending co-Big Sky champion Fighting Hawks on Sept. 23, before returning home for back-to-back contests.

The annual Homecoming celebration for fans and alumni is set for Sept. 30 as the Bobcats take on Weber State. MSU fans will be asked to help 'Stripe the Stadium' during the Homecoming game between the Bobcats and Wildcats. Information on which color to wear for the Homecoming contest will come at a later time. Portland State pays a visit to Bozeman next with MSU hosting Parent/Family Weekend when the Vikings and Bobcats square off on Oct. 7.

Co-Big Sky Conference champion Eastern Washington and Northern Colorado make up MSU's next two games. The 'Cats head to Cheney on Oct. 14 for a contest versus the FCS semifinalist Eagles, then travel to Greeley to face Northern Colorado on Oct. 21 for the first time since 2013.

Three of MSU's last four matchups will be played at Bobcat Stadium.

Idaho State returns to Bozeman for the first time since 2014 as the Bengals and Bobcats battle Oct. 28 during MSU's annual Cap on Cancer Game.

A new opponent visits Bobcat Stadium on Nov. 4, as the Bobcats dip back into nonconference play when Kennesaw State is pitted against MSU on Military and Ag Appreciation Day. The Owls are in just their third year as a program and finished with an 8-3 record during the past campaign.

MSU makes its final road trip of the 2017 regular season by heading south to Northern Arizona on Nov. 11.

The 117th Cat-Griz rivalry game concludes the regular season on Nov. 18. Montana State plays host to Montana in the Brawl of the Wild on Senior Day. MSU defeated Montana at Washington-Grizzly Stadium, 24-17, in the 2016 season finale.

A complete television schedule and start times for Montana State games will be announced at a later date.

2017 Montana State Football Schedule
Date Opponent
Sept. 2 at Washington State
Sept. 9 South Dakota State (Gold Rush)
Sept. 23 at North Dakota*
Sept. 30 Weber State* (Homecoming and Stripe the Stadium)
Oct. 7 Portland State* (Parent/Family Weekend)
Oct. 14 at Eastern Washington*
Oct. 21 at Northern Colorado*
Oct. 28 Idaho State* (Cap on Cancer)
Nov. 4 Kennesaw State (Military and Ag Appreciation)
Nov. 11 at Northern Arizona*
Nov. 18 Montana* (Senior Day)

*Big Sky Conference game

badgerphil
New Recruit

Post by badgerphil » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Any idea when starting times for the games will be announced?

I'm coming out for the Portland State game; the Badgers aren't in Madison that weekend so I'll finally be able to cross off one of the items on my bucket list. I'd prefer a day game; college football just seems more special to me when the games are played during the daylight hours.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:12 pm

badgerphil wrote:Any idea when starting times for the games will be announced?

I'm coming out for the Portland State game; the Badgers aren't in Madison that weekend so I'll finally be able to cross off one of the items on my bucket list. I'd prefer a day game; college football just seems more special to me when the games are played during the daylight hours.
I would guess between noon-2 start time, but ya never know.