Gregorak vs. Green

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

utucats
Member # Retired

Re: Gregorak vs. Green

Post by utucats » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:31 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
utucats wrote:Last season we couldn't get much going against the Griz D even with that high powered offense of Cramsey's and Prukop taking snaps. This year the Griz O can't move the ball even with that high powered Stitt offense. The only common denominator to these dominating performances is Gregorak. Can't listen to anymore griz fans say that he is a dud. Proof is in the pudding. Choate made one hell of a hire. Can't wait to see what he puts together here in the next season or two on the defensive side.
MSU had over 300 yards passing and almost 200 yards rushing for a total of 503 yards against the Griz in 2015.

I don't what game you watched, but the actual game wasn't one where the offense was shut down by the Griz.
In the competitive moments of the game(and there weren't many) we had trouble and I could offer many examples of the Griz d clamping down on us in the most crucial moments of the game. We racked up a lot of yards in garbage minutes and on 1st and 2nd down. TG had some great defensive performances against us and even though they gave up some yards they always have been able to force turnovers. Even most years we got the best of TG it was close and not dominated by offensive play. My point isn't that TG deserves all the credit or that no one has ever had a good offensive game against him, it is simply that the notion Griz fans have been pushing that somehow they got the good end of last year's coaching changes is proving to be laughable.
Garbage time being when we stormed back to within 8 and were about to get the ball back if not for a "roughing the punter" penalty?
It is a consistent football phenomenon to take your foot off the gas once you get a comfortable lead. On more than one occasion our Cramsey/Prukop version of the Cats got down big and came "storming" back. Once we got close enough that it became a real game again the defense stiffens up and we would get the let down. Then we log in to BN and look at the bright side by talking about yards and that we almost made a game off it. In my opinion, those minutes played against a team that doesn't feel threatened is garbage time. In none garbage minutes against the Griz TG's results look pretty good in my mind. He comes here and our defense does a 180. I'd like to give him some credit. Not all the credit but he certainly deserves more than the dark pinkers give him. They would like to pretend that they somehow upgraded by losing him. I believe he is proving that notion wrong.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Gregorak vs. Green

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:20 pm

utucats wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
utucats wrote:Last season we couldn't get much going against the Griz D even with that high powered offense of Cramsey's and Prukop taking snaps. This year the Griz O can't move the ball even with that high powered Stitt offense. The only common denominator to these dominating performances is Gregorak. Can't listen to anymore griz fans say that he is a dud. Proof is in the pudding. Choate made one hell of a hire. Can't wait to see what he puts together here in the next season or two on the defensive side.
MSU had over 300 yards passing and almost 200 yards rushing for a total of 503 yards against the Griz in 2015.

I don't what game you watched, but the actual game wasn't one where the offense was shut down by the Griz.
In the competitive moments of the game(and there weren't many) we had trouble and I could offer many examples of the Griz d clamping down on us in the most crucial moments of the game. We racked up a lot of yards in garbage minutes and on 1st and 2nd down. TG had some great defensive performances against us and even though they gave up some yards they always have been able to force turnovers. Even most years we got the best of TG it was close and not dominated by offensive play. My point isn't that TG deserves all the credit or that no one has ever had a good offensive game against him, it is simply that the notion Griz fans have been pushing that somehow they got the good end of last year's coaching changes is proving to be laughable.
Garbage time being when we stormed back to within 8 and were about to get the ball back if not for a "roughing the punter" penalty?

It is a consistent football phenomenon to take your foot off the gas once you get a comfortable lead. On more than one occasion our Cramsey/Prukop version of the Cats got down big and came "storming" back. Once we got close enough that it became a real game again the defense stiffens up and we would get the let down. Then we log in to BN and look at the bright side by talking about yards and that we almost made a game off it. In my opinion, those minutes played against a team that doesn't feel threatened is garbage time. In none garbage minutes against the Griz TG's results look pretty good in my mind. He comes here and our defense does a 180. I'd like to give him some credit. Not all the credit but he certainly deserves more than the dark pinkers give him. They would like to pretend that they somehow upgraded by losing him. I believe he is proving that notion wrong.
Agreed 100%. We played with an attitude with the exception of 5 minutes against SAC, and SUU, and that's a credit to both Ty and his defensive staff, and Jeff as well.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz