Former Coach Daniel DePrato

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Former Coach Daniel DePrato

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:49 pm

He is coaching for the Buffs in tonight's Pac-12 Championship game. Saw him on the sidelines on TV last week against Utah being his enthusiastic, spirited self. Go get 'em tonight Daniel!
https://twitter.com/gregrachac/status/804829941993013248

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Former Coach Daniel DePrato

Post by imacat » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Good coach and a great person. I wish Coach DePrato all the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:05 pm

I wish him the best and I like the Buffs, but I'm rooting for UW tonight.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:55 pm

DePrato had to be one of my favorite coaches because of his enthusiasm and our special teams was really good when he was here.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:19 pm

https://twitter.com/michael_rider22/status/805510470056771586

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:46 pm

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/michael_rider22/status/805510470056771586
Now I know what I am doing that day. Watching that game. =D^

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:32 pm

bobcatfan4life wrote:DePrato had to be one of my favorite coaches because of his enthusiasm and our special teams was really good when he was here.
DePrato was the one coach I thought Choate made a mistake of letting go. (That is if DePrato was still available.) His special teams were the best MSU has seen in recent memory. It appears his career advanced regardless. I wish we had him back.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Walk-on wrote:
bobcatfan4life wrote:DePrato had to be one of my favorite coaches because of his enthusiasm and our special teams was really good when he was here.
DePrato was the one coach I thought Choate made a mistake of letting go. (That is if DePrato was still available.) His special teams were the best MSU has seen in recent memory. It appears his career advanced regardless. I wish we had him back.
I liked DePrato as well. But our special teams were (especially our coverage teams) were amazing this year. On kickoffs, opponents average starting field position was on the 25 yard line and we never allowed a return past the 50 all year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:48 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
I liked DePrato as well. But our special teams were (especially our coverage teams) were amazing this year. On kickoffs, opponents average starting field position was on the 25 yard line and we never allowed a return past the 50 all year.
Outside our coverage, which agree we were still good, I thought special teams were pretty poor this year, and unorganized. Sometimes that comes from the head coach not putting enough time into it. I don't think this is the case with Coach Choate, but this season was reminiscent of those years when Coach Ash was in charge of special teams. So many unforced mistakes. Of course this year was a sad comedy of terribleness when we had the ball, offense and special teams.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:25 pm

Walk-on wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
Outside our coverage, which agree we were still good, I thought special teams were pretty poor this year, and unorganized. Sometimes that comes from the head coach not putting enough time into it. I don't think this is the case with Coach Choate, but this season was reminiscent of those years when Coach Ash was in charge of special teams. So many unforced mistakes. Of course this year was a sad comedy of terribleness when we had the ball, offense and special teams.
What was our opponents average starting position last year? Just curious.

Kicking & punting were a struggle that improved over the season for obvious reasons. I thought returns were really unimpressive. While we were top 25 in yardage in both kick and punt returns, we didn't ever score on a return, and we had a couple of really bad fumbles on kick returns.

3 blocked kicks & 2 blocked punts are both really impressive. We only allowed 1 blocked kick, and no blocked punts. Again, very impressive.

Looking at the stat sheet, the Cats were really good across the board on special teams in most categories. Of course, the Cats were really good last year too-lots of good stuff here to build on!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:28 am

Walk-on wrote:
I agree, I thought he was one of the coaches that should have been kept. He was an outstanding young coach and person. It is unfortunate that he was just in the wrong position with Choate being a special teams guy. He has done a great job at coilorado and is probably making much more money. I think we will be hearing a lot more about him in the future. He comes from a coaching family.