All-Ash Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: All-Ash Team

Post by bobcatfan4life » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:53 pm

CelticCat wrote:Well now that the off-season is upon us, and we've had a full season with Choate at the helm, for fun I thought I'd put together a two-deep of the best of the best of the Ash recruits. I was also curious to see where his strengths and weaknesses lied in the recruiting game.

Note, this has to be players recruited/signed by Ash, not Kramer recruits. Has to be a two-deep, which was hard to choose in several positions. I have an HM category simply to show where we had an abundance of talent, and where we underproduced.

I may have missed some people or am wrong about some guys being Ash recruits. I also have a hard time sometimes figuring out which specific position guys played, especially along the OL and in the LB spot, so correct me if I get that wrong.

QB: McGhee, Prukop
HM: Bleskin

RB: Kirk, O. Davis
HM: Crawford, Robinson, Shawn Johnson, Brekke, Newell and even CJ Palmer.

WR: Akpla, Flotkoetter
WR: Lloyd, Griebel
WR: Bleskin, Herbert
HM: Gilbert, Ellis, Gates, Paige.

TE: Sandland, Salanoa
HM: Foster, Perkins, Barth, Sullivan.

LT: Weidenaar, Eekhoff
LG: Flynn, Godecke
C: Devereaux, Horn
RG: Horn, Brott
RT: Catalano, Mahoney
Pretty thin here overall, our OL attrition is well-documented. But a solid group of starters. HM Monte Folsom since he was switched.

DE (bandit): Daly, Schreibeis
DE (strong): Laidet, Coe
Very thin here as well. HM Fa'anono, could count Grant Collins since he switched. Verlanic was coming on before he retired.

DT: Minter, Dees
DT: Sheridan, D'Alba
HM: the Bignells, Nate and Brian, Connor Thomas, Yates, Wright played fairly well this year

OLB: Singleton, Grosulak
MLB: Owens, Moeakiola
OLB: Mac Bignell, Moore
HM: Fletcher Collins, Michael Foster. Maybe Matt Harris, Rhett Young. Hill!

S: Fuller, Marshall
S: Bethley, McCabe
HM: Garcia, Konkol is coming on.

CB: Jones, Gords
CB: Flowers, Keeton
HM: Strong, Timmer. Several TBDs here.

K: Jason Cunningham

After putting this together, we've had solid players in all positions, and several all-time greats especially on the offensive side.

Where Ash teams fell short were secondary, especially safety, and the DL. We had an elite line in 2010-2012, but once those guys were gone we never found that same success. Also our OL attrition was ridiculous, but still managed to field a decent OL every year (thanks Mac!).

Also I was surprised when I put the WR list together, it wasn't as deep as I was expecting. We've had some greats, but across the board they've been above average to good.

I actually agree with this team pretty much on the spot although I would put McGhee as the overall #1 Quarterback and I would most definitely put Demetrius Crawford ahead of Orenzo Davis.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:20 pm

bobcatfan4life wrote:
CelticCat wrote:Well now that the off-season is upon us, and we've had a full season with Choate at the helm, for fun I thought I'd put together a two-deep of the best of the best of the Ash recruits. I was also curious to see where his strengths and weaknesses lied in the recruiting game.

Note, this has to be players recruited/signed by Ash, not Kramer recruits. Has to be a two-deep, which was hard to choose in several positions. I have an HM category simply to show where we had an abundance of talent, and where we underproduced.

I may have missed some people or am wrong about some guys being Ash recruits. I also have a hard time sometimes figuring out which specific position guys played, especially along the OL and in the LB spot, so correct me if I get that wrong.

Pretty thin here overall, our OL attrition is well-documented. But a solid group of starters. HM Monte Folsom since he was switched.

Very thin here as well. HM Fa'anono, could count Grant Collins since he switched. Verlanic was coming on before he retired.

HM: the Bignells, Nate and Brian, Connor Thomas, Yates, Wright played fairly well this year

After putting this together, we've had solid players in all positions, and several all-time greats especially on the offensive side.

Where Ash teams fell short were secondary, especially safety, and the DL. We had an elite line in 2010-2012, but once those guys were gone we never found that same success. Also our OL attrition was ridiculous, but still managed to field a decent OL every year (thanks Mac!).

Also I was surprised when I put the WR list together, it wasn't as deep as I was expecting. We've had some greats, but across the board they've been above average to good.

I actually agree with this team pretty much on the spot although I would put McGhee as the overall #1 Quarterback and I would most definitely put Demetrius Crawford ahead of Orenzo Davis.
Shaun Sampson has to be the 1st Team center. He was First Team All-Big Sky Center his senior season and Third Team his junior season.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:28 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
bobcatfan4life wrote:

Shaun Sampson has to be the 1st Team center. He was First Team All-Big Sky Center his senior season and Third Team his junior season.
Sampson was also a Phil Steele 4th team All America.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Can't believe I missed Sampson! I will edit him in.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast