silent boom? Brody McKnight commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

silent boom? Brody McKnight commits

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:52 pm

https://twitter.com/RylandNEI/status/804423664577806336
Last edited by Hawks86 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Air Force Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: silent boom?

Post by Air Force Cat » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:13 pm

Scout 2 star. According to the site also had offers from Ait Force and Idaho. At 6'3 300 could be a solid man to run behind!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Love that east side catholic connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:15 pm

No Boom likely means he will be a PWO. Just a thought.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Air Force Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Air Force Cat » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:18 pm

VimSince03 wrote:No Boom likely means he will be a PWO. Just a thought.
That was my thought too, but how can a Scout 2 star not receive a scholly somewhere?
Edit: 2 star on 247 also?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:19 pm

Man, they are getting a lot of quality offensive linemen. That's awesome! However, I'd like to see some good pass rushers too.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:23 pm

He started all 13 games....

....as a freshman. :shock:

http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2014 ... d-spencer/
There aren’t many freshman that see significant playing time in the State of Washington, but those who do are usually pretty special. Eastside Catholic (Sammamish, Wash.) offensive lineman Brody McKnight had a great freshman campaign, and with a great work ethic, looks like he could be one of those special players.

This season McKnight started all 14 games for the Crusaders, who finished 2nd in state for the 2nd straight season. When starting center Alex Neale went down with an injury in a week 10 cross-over game, the Eastside Catholic coaching staff didn’t hesitate to move McKnight to the offensive line’s most important spot.

Brody McKnight

There aren’t many freshman that see significant playing time in the State of Washington, but those who do are usually pretty special. Eastside Catholic (Sammamish, Wash.) offensive lineman Brody McKnight had a great freshman campaign, and with a great work ethic, looks like he could be one of those special players.

This season McKnight started all 14 games for the Crusaders, who finished 2nd in state for the 2nd straight season. When starting center Alex Neale went down with an injury in a week 10 cross-over game, the Eastside Catholic coaching staff didn’t hesitate to move McKnight to the offensive line’s most important spot.

“It was a little bit crazy starting varsity as a freshman,” McKnight told NEI. “I’m really glad coach T-bar gave me the opportunity, and that coach (Wes) Potter got me as ready as he could. All the guys at EC were really cool, and Alex Neale kinda showed me the ropes, right from the start.”

His teammates were just as confident as the coaching staff was in McKnight, and see plenty of potential with three full years left to play.

“Brody did an incredible job at guard, and even the time he played a little center towards the end of the year,” junior Alex Neale said. “Moving on to this year, I expect Brody can bring much more to the table moving on from his freshman year with already seeing the best we’re going to see in Washington in the biggest possible atmosphere, especially with the incredible size he already possesses.”

McKnight was voted as an Honorable Mention this season by the Metro League’s coaches, but that was just a tip of the iceberg as far as post season accolades are concerned. In January he played in the Eastbay
Last edited by iaafan on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: silent boom? Brody McKnight commits

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Lots of interior lineman.

Watching his tape, looks more like a PWO to me. I'm often wrong though, so we'll see.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Hard to believe MSU gets any 2 star PWOs from out of state. But could be.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:32 pm

He was first team all league as a junior, HM as a frosh. He was injured his junior year and didn't play in their state championship game. They beat Bellevue after trailing by 20? at halftime. He was getting looks from UW as a junior. Maybe the injury scared some big teams off. He held offers from Idaho and Air Force.

I'm going Brody McKnight, Brody McKnight...why does that name sound familiar? That was UM's kickers name a few years ago.
Last edited by iaafan on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:42 pm

He is a 2-star according to Scout, Rivals, and 247Sports. Doesn't look like he has a Twitter account. But this one seems odd because coaches usually let us know when they receive a verbal.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Most 2* recruits on those sites are just guys they've never gotten around to evaluating. They put their name and info on, call em a 2*, and update it when/if they look at film. It doesn't mean much.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:54 pm

[quote="bobcat99"]Most 2* recruits on those sites are just guys they've never gotten around to evaluating. They put their name and info on, call em a 2*, and update it when/if they look at film. It doesn't mean much.[/quote]

Because 2 star is as low as they go?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:56 pm

iaafan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:Most 2* recruits on those sites are just guys they've never gotten around to evaluating. They put their name and info on, call em a 2*, and update it when/if they look at film. It doesn't mean much.
Pretty much. I can't remember ever seeing a 1*. Sometimes you'll see a no star, but those are either rural places or fringe players.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:59 pm

iaafan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:Most 2* recruits on those sites are just guys they've never gotten around to evaluating. They put their name and info on, call em a 2*, and update it when/if they look at film. It doesn't mean much.
The next lowest is zero stars. But 99 isn't necessarily wrong or right. For example, Connor Wood had no star ranking according to any of the sites until he signed with Montana State. He signs with us and the next day he suddenly gets a 2-star rating according to Rivals. I think the ratings are good for bigger states with more of a population and media base. But when players from Montana rarely even get mentioned on any of the sites despite their talent, you need to take these rankings with a grain of salt. As I've always said, stick to what they put out on tape and off-season accolades.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:14 pm

From what I can tell from that photo, I'd give him a 4 star for ability to grow a mustache and beard.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:17 pm

Spoke with Brody McKnight today. He is a full scholarship player. I will have a story on his commitment in the next few days.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:51 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Spoke with Brody McKnight today. He is a full scholarship player. I will have a story on his commitment in the next few days.
Wonder why coaches didn't announce it!

Either way welcome aboard Brody! Another solid Offensive Lineman at 6-3, 300lbs.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:35 am

Looking at the tape and accolades, Brody is the best offensive lineman we have recruited in this class...in my opinion.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:26 am

VimSince03 wrote:Looking at the tape and accolades, Brody is the best offensive lineman we have recruited in this class...in my opinion.
The more studs up front, the better we'll be. Now bring on some D Tackles.