silent boom? Brody McKnight commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: silent boom? Brody McKnight commits

Post by wbtfg » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:35 am

VimSince03 wrote:Looking at the tape and accolades, Brody is the best offensive lineman we have recruited in this class...in my opinion.
The tape of this year's crop of OL commits are really fun to watch. They look to be more of the big, mean, punisher variety rather than nimble athletes. #masskicksass

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:38 am

wbtfg wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:Looking at the tape and accolades, Brody is the best offensive lineman we have recruited in this class...in my opinion.
The tape of this year's crop of OL commits are really fun to watch. They look to be more of the big, mean, punisher variety rather than nimble athletes. #masskicksass

These dudes finish plays ! It is fun to watch a pancake and then a little forearm to the the ribs! It starts up front as Coach Mac would say! Great O-Line recruits make great teams. \:D/

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:40 am

wbtfg wrote:
I would agree 100% with this. Nasty finishers in run blocking. I have not seen much tape from any of them in pass protection - but in my experience, that is a little easier to teach...if the physical tools are there.....and with all these guys they are.
I don't know if Brody is the best Olineman in this class. He's a little slow footed coming out of his stance - but once he gets rolling LOOK OUT. He's VERY GOOD in run blocking.

The raw materials, and just as important the right attitude is there with all of the Oline verbals thus far.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:43 am

You think? I took a quick glimpse (minute or two) and came away thinking "he's ok". I'll have to rewatch the whole thing.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:10 am

bobcat99 wrote:
You think? I took a quick glimpse (minute or two) and came away thinking "he's ok". I'll have to rewatch the whole thing.
I am always curious what people say about OL recruits, because I am completely clueless when it comes to grading them and what to look for??? The accolades certainly are impressive though.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:25 am

mslacatfan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
I am always curious what people say about OL recruits, because I am completely clueless when it comes to grading them and what to look for??? The accolades certainly are impressive though.
Exactly. I see a guy that is very similar to our other OL commits and exactly what Choate has been asking for. Toughness. This also leads to the question of what is easier to teach? Technique or being a big mean mamma jamma :D

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:54 am

What I'm really seeing here is that by my count, we have 8 returning full ride OL. Add this class, that's 12 total. 19% of our scholarship total. That's a lot. Maybe too much. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a sign of attrition to come at that position.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:38 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:Most 2* recruits on those sites are just guys they've never gotten around to evaluating. They put their name and info on, call em a 2*, and update it when/if they look at film. It doesn't mean much.
Because 2 star is as low as they go?
Pretty much. I can't remember ever seeing a 1*. Sometimes you'll see a no star, but those are either rural places or fringe players.
Rivals has a boatload of players with no rating. 35 five star, 300 four star, 1,200 three star, 1,700 two star and 2,500 no rating. Not sure what that means, but there are lots of players with no rating.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:08 pm

bobcat99 wrote:What I'm really seeing here is that by my count, we have 8 returning full ride OL. Add this class, that's 12 total. 19% of our scholarship total. That's a lot. Maybe too much. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a sign of attrition to come at that position.
OL is always a place of attrition. Big bodies take a lot of abuse and are oft injured. Can't have too many OL guys. Some of those guys on the roster might be DT's

bobcatbob24
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcatbob24 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Ol = 5 starters out of 24 if you count punter and place kicker. That's 20.8 % of starters. 19 % of scollies doesn't seem out of line.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:23 am

McKnight was 1st team all-state.
Offensive line — Brody McKnight, Eastside Catholic, 6-3, 300, sr. — Earned 3A Metro Mountain division’s offensive lineman of the year award for the Crusaders, who reached the semifinals for the fifth consecutive season. McKnight started 46 games in his prep career.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/hi ... rylink=cpy

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:22 pm

I'm kind of curious on the #Boom thing. I think Choate has boomed 16 times since June 7th. How many scholarship players have we seen that have committed to MSU so far? Obviously, scholarships can be partial or full, so number of commits don't mean full rides.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:17 pm

Eastside Catholic OL Brody McKnight commits to Montana State
http://skylinesportsmt.com/mcknight-commits-to-msu/

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Love this commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk