End of Beau Baldwin?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: End of Beau Baldwin?

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:59 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
LIBBYCAT wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:Dakota has helped his last two head coaches get sh-t canned. Dude is like a black cloud. Ha...
Not to start an argument but I will say DP was not the problem there in Oregon or here for that matter. Both coaching staffs were presiding over programs in decline. Quarterback play was the least of Oregons problem from what I saw with Herbert or Prukop behind center.
I was thinking the same thing, DP played as good as he could, he had 4 freshman OL. I really feel there season would have ended the same regardless who is under center. I can only imagine this season might have hurt DP draft stock, but a good NFL team can see past that. Still wish he stayed here.
I'm not being a jerk at all to DP but he has NO draft stock. He might have got a FA tryout if he had stayed and had a huge season at MSU, but getting benched for a Freshman or Sophomore (whatever the dude is) isn't a resume builder. I will be completely shocked if he gets a FA signing or tryout.
Agreed.....He was benched in favor of True Freshman, Justin Herbert.

Dakota won't get an NFL look, but he could potentially be a very good QB in canada. I wish him all the best.

Wasn't that less because Herbert was a better QB and more because they wanted to develop the young guy?
Still, pretty strong indictment that he couldn't hack it, but I don't think that's going to be looked at the same way as somebody who had been in the program and then couldn't make it. Seems like NFL teams would look and say "hey, this guy came in, new to the program, didn't light the world on fire, so Oregon wanted to think toward the future." He's just had to run for his life in pretty much every college football game he's ever played in. I'd like to see what the kid can do when he can be a little more comfortable in the pocket. If Alabama was taking that strong of a look at him I'd think there's something there that a rough year wouldn't completely ruin.
As I've already alluded to, yes. The season was lost, you might as well develop your freshman.

Dakota missed some throws and wasn't perfect, but he still had a QBR over 150. Playing behind 4 true freshmen O-lineman is rough to boot. The lack of defense is what screwed DP.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:20 pm

RickRund wrote:
JDoub wrote:from The Scoop
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Nevada: Sources tell FootballScoop that Nevada considers Vanderbilt offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig a strong candidate for their open head coaching position. ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg is reporting that Eastern Washington’s (FCS) Beau Baldwin is also a candidate. Over the past few days we have also heard Baldwin’s name mentioned as a potential candidate.
They better also have an idea on how to stop the run. unr was absolutely terrible this season.
I actually think this would be a good move for Beau. Nevada has had decent teams in the past and I think his style of football would do well in the Mountain West. If the Mountain West is good enough for Bohl I cant imagine Baldwin not seriously considering this job unless he wants to stay where he has built a good program. I would not fault him for staying at a place he can do no wrong with his success

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Sounds like he's a finalist for Nevada job.
http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college ... /95010028/

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:05 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Sounds like he's a finalist for Nevada job.
http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college ... /95010028/
Just to corroborate...
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/d ... at-nevada/

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:15 am

I was surprised to see Nevada's stadium's capacity is only 25,000. I thought it would have been larger.

bertram
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bertram » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:01 pm

The Butcher wrote:I was surprised to see Nevada's stadium's capacity is only 25,000. I thought it would have been larger.
recent remodel removed 4,00 seats in favor of chair backed seats and lounge box areas, it used to sit just shy of 30,000

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:13 pm

bertram wrote:
The Butcher wrote:I was surprised to see Nevada's stadium's capacity is only 25,000. I thought it would have been larger.
recent remodel removed 4,00 seats in favor of chair backed seats and lounge box areas, it used to sit just shy of 30,000

Still around 18,000 more in potential attendance than Eastern gets. I'm just amazed how such a successful program can draw so few people. I know, they are close to other schools, but having a winning program should amount to more support. Can you imagine what MSU attendance figures wold be if they had Eastern's talent? I don't believe we'd be waiting for new East grandstands to be built and probably not the North end zone seating either.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 pm

https://twitter.com/RadioGuyTy/status/806250391146885120 https://twitter.com/BoLeviMitchell/status/806162446243090432 https://twitter.com/SWXLindsayJoy/status/806313530827804672

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:24 pm

If Baldwin is out, does TG, a Spokane guy, throw his name in the hat?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:00 pm

Nevada is hiring an assistant from Arizona State. Now it's really on to Richmond for Beau.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:49 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:20 am

I wonder if they offered it to Baldwin first?

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:26 am

iaafan wrote:I wonder if they offered it to Baldwin first?
Wasn't is what I read.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:00 am

Another big win for Beau today. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on this year. If he wins the chipper I think he's gone for sure.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:46 am

Baldwin signs a new 5 year deal at EWU!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:59 pm

gtapp wrote:Baldwin signs a new 5 year deal at EWU!
....from what I understand with some added bonus incentives.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Does that mean he stays for sure? Or just a way to make sure Baldwin and EWU are taken care of if he leaves?

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Does that mean he stays for sure? Or just a way to make sure Baldwin and EWU are taken care of if he leaves?
He can still move on, although I think the school would have to buy him out. I might be wrong about the buy-out.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Cat_gld wrote:
....from what I understand with some added bonus incentives.
$10 k when he beats the griz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:58 am

Long Time Cat wrote:Another big win for Beau today. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on this year. If he wins the chipper I think he's gone for sure.
It's pretty safe to say he won't be gone this year - the only 3 FBS schools that still have coaching openings are Florida Atlantic, Temple, and Western Kentucky - none of which would seem to be a likely destination for Baldwin. I'm pretty surprised he's been at EWU as long as he has, although maybe he and/or other potential employers are scared off a bit by the previous EWU coach who jumped up to the Pac 12 and did not succeed.