Polian out at Nevada

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Polian out at Nevada

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Ash/Cramsey reunite at uc Davis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
O I could definitely see it, and it's a real possibility.
I don't know... it always seemed like a bit of a personality conflict, plus I think Cramsey wants to be a head coach, so he'll likely be throwing his resume out there. Assuming he can't stay at Nevada.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:32 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:I always wonder how long Baldwin will stay in Cheney. Especially with so much talent leaving this year.

I pray and hope Baldwin takes the job at Nevada
Speculation- but if Helfrich gets the boot at UO, I could see Baldwin going there. But for some reason he's stayed at Eastern for a long time.
I think Oregon has their eyes on someone higher . . . They can pay A TON and would have a lot of coaches looking at them. But I suppose it is possible. I think Baldwin to Nevada is entirely possible though. Would be a good hire by them.
Like Chip Kelly? #-o :lol:
That is one of the rumors swirling. Uncle Phil has a big pocketbook.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:39 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

I don't know... it always seemed like a bit of a personality conflict, plus I think Cramsey wants to be a head coach, so he'll likely be throwing his resume out there. Assuming he can't stay at Nevada.
It's more than that. The decline of MSU under Ash can be traced back to when Cramsey came on board.

The lesson learned that you cannot win by explosive offense alone and thereby sacrificing your defense won't soon be forgotten. If I was Ash, I would steer clear of Cramsey like the plague.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:41 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

It's more than that. The decline of MSU under Ash can be traced back to when Cramsey came on board.

The lesson learned that you cannot win by explosive offense alone and thereby sacrificing your defense won't soon be forgotten. If I was Ash, I would steer clear of Cramsey like the plague.
I don't know....I think Marshall let ash down more than cramsey. Hard to be too mad at a guy who orchestrated an offense that scored 45+ points/game.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:44 pm

wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

I don't know....I think Marshall let ash down more than cramsey. Hard to be too mad at a guy who orchestrated an offense that scored 45+ points/game.

After time to reflect, I think that's why he never let Marshall go. The problem really wasn't Marshall. It was Cramsey's offense. Don't forget most of those points came in garbage time

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:52 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

After time to reflect, I think that's why he never let Marshall go. The problem really wasn't Marshall. It was Cramsey's offense. Don't forget most of those points came in garbage time
There's some cause and effect there, sure, but at the end of the day, Cramsey had a top 5 offense in the country, and Marshall had a bottom 5 defense.
And Bozeman wasn't Cramsey's first job. He's got a history of very solid offenses.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:59 pm

91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

There's some cause and effect there, sure, but at the end of the day, Cramsey had a top 5 offense in the country, and Marshall had a bottom 5 defense.
And Bozeman wasn't Cramsey's first job. He's got a history of very solid offenses.
It either scored too fast or was ineffective against good defenses. It put entirely too much pressure our own defense.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:11 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

It either scored too fast or was ineffective against good defenses. It put entirely too much pressure our own defense.
OK. You're starting a new team today, and you have to have either Cramsey as your OC, or Marshall your DC. Who you picking?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:13 pm

91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

OK. You're starting a new team today, and you have to have either Cramsey as your OC, or Marshall your DC. Who you picking?
Call me crazy, but Marshall. I want as far away as possible from that offense. It does nothing for the team as a whole.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:21 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Call me crazy, but Marshall. I want as far away as possible from that offense. It does nothing for the team as a whole.
You're crazy.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:24 pm

wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

100% correct. I would take cramsey right now over Messingham in a heart beat, the stats back that up, across the board.

If your left, you aren’t right.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:26 pm

91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote: O I could definitely see it, and it's a real possibility.

You're crazy.
I'm ok with that [emoji12]

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

100% correct. I would take cramsey right now over Messingham in a heart beat, the stats back that up, across the board.
Yeah... Stats are for losers

BroncoCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BroncoCat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:54 pm

this is cramsey's 3rd staff firing in 6 years. his briiliant offensive mind cant keep a job.
our team chemistry came apart when he came on board. he is a hack and will be selling insurance within 2 years

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:04 pm

BroncoCat wrote:this is cramsey's 3rd staff firing in 6 years. his briiliant offensive mind cant keep a job.
our team chemistry came apart when he came on board. he is a hack and will be selling insurance within 2 years

And Marshall is DL coach at a 3-8 D2 school.

Reminds me of trump/hillary debate. Haha.

BroncoCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BroncoCat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 pm

wbtfg wrote:
BroncoCat wrote:this is cramsey's 3rd staff firing in 6 years. his briiliant offensive mind cant keep a job.

And Marshall is DL coach at a 3-8 D2 school.

Reminds me of trump/hillary debate. Haha.

where did i defend marshal?

Msucat5
New Recruit

Post by Msucat5 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:16 pm

[quote="wbtfg"][quote="BroncoCat"]this is cramsey's 3rd staff firing in 6 years. his briiliant offensive mind cant keep a job.
our team chemistry came apart when he came on board. he is a hack and will be selling insurance within 2 years.

You're kiddint right?

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:37 pm

If i've got Choate as HC, with his background as a top-notch DL coach, and TG as my DC, I might take a winger with Cramsey. Cramsey's got a great mind-remember, the O we saw this year was almost exactly the same as last year, minus Prukop.

That said, I'd want to make sure my D was in really good hands before I brought Cramsey in, and I'd keep him on a really short leash. Marshall had a history of great defenses pre-2013. I'm not going to blame it all on Cramsey, but I'm not going to absolve him of responsibility either.

LTCF is right: Cramsey was magic against bad teams and during garbage time, but regular disappeared against middling to good defenses.

LTCFs other point: The entire football staff at FIU was canned after FIU went 3-8 after 2 consecutive bowl games. Cramsey's first year...2013, Cramsey joins an MSU program ranked #2 in the country, which proceeds to go 19-17 over the next two years despite a Buchanan winner, 2 different all american QBs, and a handful of other NFL prospects. Upon which the entire staff is canned. MSU passes on hiring its all-universe OC for its newly vacated HC position. Cramsey goes to Nevada in 2016: Takes over OC for a WolfPack team that has played in a bowl game in 10 out of 11 previous years. They go 5-7 (not a huge step back, but a step back nonetheless) and head coach is fired.

Maybe Cramsey was the difference maker at UNH? His final season in 2011, UNH lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs. In 2012, UNH made the 2nd round, then in 2013 & 2014, UNH made the semis.

In other words, 3 consecutive TEAMS performed worse once TC joined their staff. The team before that improved without TC on staff.

Like the poster said "The one common thread in all your failed relationships is you..."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:12 pm

https://twitter.com/jay_oh23/status/803038801438195712

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:27 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

You have drank entirely to FEW ipa's. You are officially on the crazy train.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level