Senior leaders

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Senior leaders

Post by wbtfg » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:09 am

We had some amazing seniors this past year who led the team through a coaching transition and didn't let the team give up even when it was clear we had no hope of making the playoffs. Now it's time for Chad, Gunnar, JP, Fletcher, etc to pass the torch forward to the next group senior greats.

Looking forward to another great group of 4th/5th year leaders in Mahoney, McCabe, Mac, Monte, Mitch, and the rest whose names don't start with an M. Paige, Alley, Lasane, Gillis, Gates, Garcia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Senior leaders

Post by AFCAT » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:17 pm

I look forward to seeing leadership from the underclassmen as well. Murray, Hill, Konkol, Alley, Collins, Brandom, Neale, Hale, etc., can all step up now that they have significant playing experience.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:44 pm

I'm all for any senior regardless if they play. If you can tell guys how to act on and off the field, hold them accountable, hold the team above any personal accolades, and ultimately hold yourself to a higher standard im all for you. I should know, but what was the kids name from Geraldine that didn't play much but was a captain, Ripley? I probably got his name wrong, but I always remembered having mad respect for him. I also had mad respect when minter at the end of his junior year stood up in the meeting and said I love you seniors to death but now it's time for one us juniors to step up and lead. Connor had a good video of it, and goddamn I miss Connor he was the GOAT.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:40 pm

https://twitter.com/GunnarBrekke2/status/806212050724614144

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:I'm all for any senior regardless if they play. If you can tell guys how to act on and off the field, hold them accountable, hold the team above any personal accolades, and ultimately hold yourself to a higher standard im all for you. I should know, but what was the kids name from Geraldine that didn't play much but was a captain, Ripley? I probably got his name wrong, but I always remembered having mad respect for him. I also had mad respect when minter at the end of his junior year stood up in the meeting and said I love you seniors to death but now it's time for one us juniors to step up and lead. Connor had a good video of it, and goddamn I miss Connor he was the GOAT.
Ripley was from Highwood, he got the most out of the talent he had. Loved to watch him on special teams.