Sean Hatten commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Sean Hatten commits

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:50 am

https://twitter.com/SeanH___/status/796020105817620481
https://twitter.com/SeanH___/status/795687830676606976

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Sean Hatten commits

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:54 am

Come on Hawks, just once I'd like to beat you to the punch.

Just watched his tape, he is big, moves pretty well. Most importantly he is NASTY. You can tell the dude love to hit people, win and keep on winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sean Hatten commits

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:44 am

His highlight tape is impressive- Not sure if I was watching football highlights or an MMA fight? :lol:

Does he have any star ratings? (not that it matters at all, just curious)

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:15 pm

mslacatfan wrote:His highlight tape is impressive- Not sure if I was watching football highlights or an MMA fight? :lol:

Nope. However, he has something that is more important...good tape.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:His highlight tape is impressive- Not sure if I was watching football highlights or an MMA fight? :lol:

Nope. However, he has something that is more important...good tape.
yup, totally agree. The star rating thing can be totally mis-leading, some of our best players ever have been walk-ons. Like I said, I was just curious.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:28 pm

The young man has size, strength, and some NASTY all in one package!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Welcome. Glad to see these young men making a wise decision in life. GO CATS!!

Punters are people too!!

95bcfb
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 95bcfb » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:17 pm

I love the way this guy finishes his blocks. He reminds me of a taller version of Mike Quast. If he is anywhere near as good as Mike we have a great recruit. Nasty may be an understatement. He looks massive out there.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:25 pm

basincat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by basincat » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Really like the Sports Illustrated cover for a recruiting tool. I wonder how much the film and photography department help in creating some of this stuff or if they are allowed to help? Also love the fact that the kid is from Cali but has a picture with guns and boots on his twitter page. Just saying, he's going to fit in.

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 85CatGrad » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:45 pm

superbobcat wrote:The young man has size, strength, and some NASTY all in one package!
Holy Cow! I think we call this guy "Big Nasty".

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:58 am

superbobcat wrote:The young man has size, strength, and some NASTY all in one package!
x10, very impressive, love that he finishes his blocks.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:15 pm

I bet he can put a Hatten on a hat.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Interviewed Sean Hatten few weeks ago, took a minute to turn it around.
Hatten commits to Montana State — http://skylinesportsmt.com/hatten-commits-to-msu/

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Interviewed Sean Hatten few weeks ago, took a minute to turn it around.
Hatten commits to Montana State — http://skylinesportsmt.com/hatten-commits-to-msu/
Thanks for posting! Always some of my favorite stories.

Have you ever had a chance to connect with either of the two california corners, Keaton Anderson and the two Idaho offensive linemen commits???

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:56 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Interviewed Sean Hatten few weeks ago, took a minute to turn it around.
Sounds like a great kid who will fit right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:59 am

Being a fly fisherman myself, I can understand the excitement in some of his quotes. But I'm going to be nitpicky here. It's ok to sell kids on the opportunities around Bozeman, but let us not forget that we want to win championships. I'm guessing the recruiting pitch at a dominant school like NDSU sounds a bit different. I'm not saying Choate and staff are not pitching the "we want to build a championship team with you" , but it's a mentality of winning that should really drive our recruiting. I don't know, I might be off base here. Something just rubs me wrong when I think of our recruits having the mindset of, "Well if we don't win at least I can be on the river in an hour." Again- just being picky.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:07 am

I'm sure Colter's article doesn't tell the entire story of why the kid wants to play here. It's one snapshot of a conversation, so keep that in mind. I'm sure the recruiting coaches are selling the culture change etc.

Plus, MSU has 2 losing seasons in a row now. Like it or not, recruiters can't really sell a winning culture right now.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 am

Common Cat wrote:Being a fly fisherman myself, I can understand the excitement in some of his quotes. But I'm going to be nitpicky here. It's ok to sell kids on the opportunities around Bozeman, but let us not forget that we want to win championships. I'm guessing the recruiting pitch at a dominant school like NDSU sounds a bit different. I'm not saying Choate and staff are not pitching the "we want to build a championship team with you" , but it's a mentality of winning that should really drive our recruiting. I don't know, I might be off base here. Something just rubs me wrong when I think of our recruits having the mindset of, "Well if we don't win at least I can be on the river in an hour." Again- just being picky.
Part of going to college is the location and if you don't sell the location appropriately, people will not want to go there. If you don't think the coaching staff at NDSU try to up-sale Fargo as an area in addition to what they have built or in the Cats case are hoping to build, then you would be heavily mistaken.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:54 am

coachouert wrote:
Common Cat wrote:Being a fly fisherman myself, I can understand the excitement in some of his quotes. But I'm going to be nitpicky here. It's ok to sell kids on the opportunities around Bozeman, but let us not forget that we want to win championships. I'm guessing the recruiting pitch at a dominant school like NDSU sounds a bit different. I'm not saying Choate and staff are not pitching the "we want to build a championship team with you" , but it's a mentality of winning that should really drive our recruiting. I don't know, I might be off base here. Something just rubs me wrong when I think of our recruits having the mindset of, "Well if we don't win at least I can be on the river in an hour." Again- just being picky.
Part of going to college is the location and if you don't sell the location appropriately, people will not want to go there. If you don't think the coaching staff at NDSU try to up-sale Fargo as an area in addition to what they have built or in the Cats case are hoping to build, then you would be heavily mistaken.
Yeah, I agree. I just want the championship attitude first then fly fishing a second :wink:

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie