The Story of Grizzarus Nation: A Tale of Hubris

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MTMNTCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MTMNTCAT » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:59 pm

I wrote this for Montana Mint Sports because I was sick of all Missoula fans after they hung 60+ in back to back weeks against two horrible opponents. I was going to post on smack board but thought about the Cats' season. In the myth of Icarus he was also told not to fly too low as the mist of the water would weigh the wings down - that's kind of where us Cat fans are at. Get too low on the team with the weight of the horrible season and it will make you crash too. Good reminder not to get too arrogant but also don't get too depressed.

There once was a coach named Bob Stittalus who came to the Kingdom of the University of Montana after meddling in the world of Division II football for years. Stittalus was an ordinary man, save for one talent: he was a creator of a mythical offense that no one had seen before.

Stittalus tinkered with this offense often and went through his first year in the Big Sky with some bad and some good. But this year, oh this year, was going to be the year that the Kingdom of UM football returned to being “Montana football” and all the land was going to see why this coach came up a level to try is hand in the Football Championship Subdivision (Formerly IAA).

Stittalus was tired of not receiving the national respect that his neighboring Kingdom of Eastern Washington was getting. He had to listen to the other Kingdom talk about Cooper Kupp and their red pastures. Stittalus decided it was time to let his offense fly! It was time to spread their new wax wings and show the world what transformation had gone on at UM!

Stittalus built wax wings and brought his son Grizzarus Nation in on the plan. Now, Stittalus tried not to get his son too arrogant and confident, but never really tried to temper the spirit. He said, “If you fly too low, the water from the waves will weigh your wings down and you will crash. BUT if you fly too high, you will get too close to the sun and your wings will melt and you will come crashing down.” After offensive test runs against the worst of the worst kingdoms in all the land (Sacramento State and Mississippi Valley State), Stittalus and Grizzarus Nation decided this was the time – it was time to fly and show the country these wax wings!

Grizzarus Nation took off with power! 128 points in two games! 120+ unanswered points! Oh what fun it is to be the best team in the world, Grizzarus Nation would yell in glee! We’re going to win the National Championship this year, they’d roar!

But Grizzarus Nation got a little too high! As they soared and soared, they got too close to the sun that is Northern Arizona University. NAU was too hot and the hubris that made Grizzarus Nation soar so high was now leading to the melting of the wax wings they were flying so high with. Stittalus must have been so sad to see this nasty and quick descent. Two conference losses and the Kingdom of Eastern Washington looming. Oh, what that UM arrogance just lead to.

Posted here: http://www.montana-mint.com/2016/10/24/ ... le-hubris/

If you want to sign up for Mint's Sports email: http://www.montana-mint.com/2015/09/04/ ... n-up-here/

Montana Mint Sports - Est 2016

www.montana-mint.com

@MTMintSports on Twitter

Silenoz
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: The Story of Grizzarus Nation: A Tale of Hubris

Post by Silenoz » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:23 am

So there is a correlation between fan hubris and on-the-field results. Good to know.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:00 pm

No offense, but this is awful.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:11 pm

Not to mention it is offensive, if I cry like a little girl can somebody please take care of this?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:34 pm

I found it quite entertaining [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:05 pm

bobcat99 wrote:No offense, but this is awful.
Lighten up, Francis. I thought it was hilarious!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:21 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:No offense, but this is awful.
Lighten up, Francis. I thought it was hilarious!
Yea anybody that says the word awful should lighten up. Very heavy handed.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic