Still had a great time at the game-Perspective

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Still had a great time at the game-Perspective

Post by aucat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:41 am

I guess the bottom line to me is this: EWU is the real deal folks. They whipped Washington State out of the PAC 12. This is the WSU that whipped Stanford 42-16 and has also whipped Oregon and UCLA and barely lost to Boise State. I expect that EWU will lay it on the Griz. EWU simply has an outstanding football team, especially their offense.

Yet we were in this game. The first half was very enjoyable. Once again, take away some of those turnovers, and who knows how this thing would've turned out.

But gosh, it was a beautiful day, had a great time at the tailgate, great crowd, great band, and we were competitive for most of the contest.

I contrast this to last year when, despite having an AA QB, the game was over by halftime.

So Go Cats, I'm having fun, and I'm optimistic for the future.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Still had a great time at the game-Perspective

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Times 2

basincat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by basincat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:08 pm

Probably the loudest the stadium has been this year so far in the first half. Never helped as they converted most. And another plus, even though they threw for 500+, at least they had to punt the ball unlike 2 years ago.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:17 pm

basincat wrote:Probably the loudest the stadium has been this year so far in the first half. Never helped as they converted most. And another plus, even though they threw for 500+, at least they had to punt the ball unlike 2 years ago.
Not trying to be argumentative, but just for the record, 2 years ago in the 52-51 game, EWU punted on their first possession of the game.

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:45 pm

I had a great time as well win or lose I love watching these boys play on Saturdays. There is something about the up and downs of the game I cannot get enough of but like most here Bobcat Football is one of my greatest passions. Unfortunately the last two home games I had to leave pissed not because of the outcome of the game but from the tailgates. Since the fraternity sigma nu has showed up the last two game right next to my tailgating spots I have had to deal with all the trash that has been left by them the first game and now this week theft from my tailgate. When I confronted them about it they wanted to physically fight me because they said I was blaming them simply because they were Greek. Anyway I digress I will always love this game and this team no matter the record.

Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Catbacker_1 wrote: they said I was blaming them simply because they were Greek. Anyway I digress I will always love this game and this team no matter the record.
Played the race card on you, eh? That stinks. You really should call Josh Wanago and tell him what is happening, and that you want to move spots next year.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:52 pm

PC Principal probably overheard you saying something politically incorrect.

Andy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Andy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:57 pm

I believe the article in todays Billings Gazette had a great prospective from Beau Baldwin for Bobcat fans.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Catbacker_1 wrote:I had a great time as well win or lose I love watching these boys play on Saturdays. There is something about the up and downs of the game I cannot get enough of but like most here Bobcat Football is one of my greatest passions. Unfortunately the last two home games I had to leave pissed not because of the outcome of the game but from the tailgates. Since the fraternity sigma nu has showed up the last two game right next to my tailgating spots I have had to deal with all the trash that has been left by them the first game and now this week theft from my tailgate. When I confronted them about it they wanted to physically fight me because they said I was blaming them simply because they were Greek. Anyway I digress I will always love this game and this team no matter the record.
Dang. It might be a bit of a pain but a security camera can be a real game changer in crime detection and property protection.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 pm

Catbacker_1 wrote:I had a great time as well win or lose I love watching these boys play on Saturdays. There is something about the up and downs of the game I cannot get enough of but like most here Bobcat Football is one of my greatest passions. Unfortunately the last two home games I had to leave pissed not because of the outcome of the game but from the tailgates. Since the fraternity sigma nu has showed up the last two game right next to my tailgating spots I have had to deal with all the trash that has been left by them the first game and now this week theft from my tailgate. When I confronted them about it they wanted to physically fight me because they said I was blaming them simply because they were Greek. Anyway I digress I will always love this game and this team no matter the record.
Campus police is 994-2121

Should have been your first call.

As has also been mentioned, call Josh Wanago. If someone is causing problems, they get moved or have their privileges revoked. It's bullshiit that we should ever have to deal with that crap, especially from our own kind.

That said, I ALWAYS lock up my stuff if we're hosting EWU or UM. I learned that lesson the hard way over the years.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:35 pm

Josh Wanago
994-5707
Jwanago@msubobcats.com

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Also had a great time once again. Frustrated with the QB play and some coaching decisions had me scratching my head, but oh well:)

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks for advice. That was actually what my plan was but I have been super busy today but I will for sure contact Wanago this week

Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

basincat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by basincat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:51 pm

91catAlum wrote:
basincat wrote:Probably the loudest the stadium has been this year so far in the first half. Never helped as they converted most. And another plus, even though they threw for 500+, at least they had to punt the ball unlike 2 years ago.
Not trying to be argumentative, but just for the record, 2 years ago in the 52-51 game, EWU punted on their first possession of the game.
You're right. It was 3 years ago in Cheney they didn't punt. In those two years combined they had 1 punt and averaged about 12 yards a play! Last years stats were comparable to those games. Even though Gubrud threw for a school record in yards, it didn't feel like it did those years.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:05 pm

basincat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
You're right. It was 3 years ago in Cheney they didn't punt. In those two years combined they had 1 punt and averaged about 12 yards a play! Last years stats were comparable to those games. Even though Gubrud threw for a school record in yards, it didn't feel like it did those years.
I agree, it didn't feel nearly as helpless this time as those years did. Nice to feel like the defense at least has a chance to force a punt or get a turnover.