An honest question (it's own thread)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

An honest question (it's own thread)

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:56 pm

I received one in-post request and a handful of PM's to make this its own thread. This is my response to a poster I respect, but am having trouble relating to.

Ok man...

I've been reading your posts for a couple of weeks, and I just gotta ask...exactly what point are you trying to make?

You're harping on the offense. Yes, they aren't good. Thanks for the profound observation. We all see that...you aren't the only one in the stadium. Your point has been acknowledged by numerous posters. Yet you continue making it. What is the end game?

You're obviously dissatisfied with the coaching change. I've seen you say you "support Choate", but it seems more apparent from reading your threads that you feel Cramsey should have gotten the job. He didn't. Bigger news; Choate could get fired tomorrow...and Cramsey wouldn't get the job.

You've pointed out numerous times that Cramsey and Ash would have had this team to 6-7 wins (that's only your opinion, by the way), but you fail to take it any further than that. This leads me to believe you don't feel that Cramsey and Ash would have this team in a title hunt. Isn't that the point?

You've discussed the fact that you--and you aren't alone here--feel the team has plenty of talent. Assuming you're right, then why don't you say that Ash could have won a title with this team?

Generally, you are completely negative. Articulate, grammar friendly, but negative.

What are you so angry about? The losses? Good teams have bad years (how would you like to be a Carolina Panthers fan this year?). In the case of Carolina, it is clear; the whole team is built around one player.

The EXACT same thing is the case with MSU--argue if you like, I know you will--but a decade of BRILLIANT quarterback play camouflaged a lockerroom full of deficiencies. Now we don't have a brilliant QB and we're paying the price. We were left with our pants down when Dakota left.

You and several other posters--who I respect--all have a similar tone...this team was OK last year...now they look like a dumpster fire...and to you that's unacceptable.

Newsflash sir...losing is unacceptable for ALL of us fans. It's even MORE unacceptable to the players and coaches who are living this horror show right now. You aren't breaking new ground being annoyed we're losing.

I am just totally confused by many of the posters here anymore. Is this angry venting in response to what you feel was a poorly handled situation 10 months ago? You may be correct that it was handled poorly, but what's done is done.

Also...if this team gets good next year and great the next, are you going to pat yourself on the back on this board, claim you knew it all along, and act as though you weren't a totally blind detractor for the first 12 months of this coaches tenure here?

This team is rebuilding. Doesn't matter if you THINK they should be or not. They are. So be a "Bobcat for Life" and be supportive and hopeful even during a down year bore from events that you clearly disagree with.

This team, and this school, are great. I know you are an alumnus, and I know you love this school. But incessantly harping on negative point after negative point that we all are AGREEING with is just creating a toxic tone that, frankly, this board has seen enough of this year.

Take a deep breath, help improve the attitude, and be a good fan. Your check for season tickets doesn't entitle you to observe wins. It entitles you to a front row seat in a great stadium watching a great group of kids play a great game. Winning is a byproduct of an effective culture--one that Choate and co. are desperately trying to create with the weight of an angry fan base on their shoulders. Believe me, things aren't going to improve any faster if we're standing outside the athletic complex with torches and pitchforks.

Try to be part of the solution, and put your anger aside, or be up front with what you're really upset with, so the rest of us can address it in the same public forum you are engaging in and we can all move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: An honest question (it's own thread)

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:29 pm

Thanks for the post. I wish we could make every single poster read this.

It's hard when our team is losing to remember how good we have it.

We all (myself included) should step back from the key board during and after games.

We are BOBCATS, be proud of our team and university.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:34 pm

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GO CATS GO!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:46 pm

I'll be the 1st to admit that I am unhappy with several things, and I've been called out for thinking I'm a better coach than Choate. First and foremost I don't want Choate gone and have never said I want him gone. I do however have some concessions about his decision making. Just like everyone on here I have opinions, and not everyone is going to agree. And like a lot of people on here I have playing and coaching experience in multiple sports. That experience is going to lead to opinions on the way any coach coaches and any decisions they make. As I stated before I completely disagree with the decision to pull Murray after the 3rd quarter fumble because he was "rattled". In my opinion you leave him in, tell him you know he's got it and put him back out there to make more great plays. Especially because he just flat got out muscled on that play, it wasn't like he made a dumb decision and fumbled because of it. Anyway that's neither here nor there. There are just some decisions I've questioned. I do however think Choate is the guy to get us where we want to be and I think by 2018 we will be a top 25 D. And tops in the Big Sky. Whether we have a QB remains to be seen, but you only need an avg QB if your D is that good. Regardless of the results this team has improved in almost every facet of the game each week. And every week I know we have a chance to win, and that's not just me being optimistic, we truly do. The 9 months that fit in between the end of the season and the beginning of next will go a long way in determining this team's success, and I think that is where the culture change will really take place.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:46 am

When Jake Bleskin threw all those interceptions in the Cat/Griz game a couple years ago, as I recall most here thought he should have been pulled for a series or two to let him get his bearings. He was a junior. Apparently now most think a freshman, who has been in a system all year where he shares time with another QB, should not have been pulled after a number of turnovers. I suspect that most of it really comes down to not wanting the other QB in the game more than worries about Murray's confidence or development.

I think it depends on the individual, his mindset and the situation, but I don't know all those things. I'm inclined to think the coaches who work with him every day know better than I do what is right.

Either way, it's not an unreasonable topic of discussion on a message board. I just find it interesting that so often fans say a player should be benched after several TO's but this time they're upset that Murray was benched for a few series.

Also, great post CNMW.