I love MSU!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: I love MSU!

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:Please tell me the so-called great fans you guys are so high on were booing the coaches and not the player yesterday. Coaches are adults and are paid (a lot) to win football games, so that heat is a little more fair. But if the fan base was actually booing Bruggeman, you guys should be disgusted. 20 year old kids who give their all don't deserve that. The coaches have put that kid in this position. It's not on him.
A BobcatNation poster said in a post a few weeks back--critically--that (paraphrased) "Bobcat fans always fancy themselves the adult in the room"...and that this somehow negated a winning culture.

I hated this post because it made light of one of the truly extraordinary differences between us and you (The Griz)...we have class. Always.

The booing yesterday was shameful. I have seen several posts today defending it...and I wish upon wish each and every one of them packs up and leaves. Don't renew your tickets. We're better off without you. EACH. AND. EVERY. ONE. OF. YOU.

And then I found faith, because the ratio of people blasting that action vs defending it was 5 to 1.

To all you Grizzly fans out there laughing at us this year, to all you turncoat Cat fans out there who defend booing our coaches or players, or cheerleaders, or mascot, please, be gone, and take your version of a "winning culture" with you.

You're cowards.

REAL fans stand up during those hard times and cheer, and THEN renew their season tickets without saying something ignorant like "well if I'm payin' for another year, we damn well better win!" Please go home. Your individual investment doesn't add up to that much.

The REAL investment, the one that MATTERS to Cruzado, Choate, Costello, Fish, et al, is the investment from the MAJORITY that understands our check doesn't entitle us to wins, but instead entitles us to a front row seat to watch a GREAT group of kids play a GREAT game in a GREAT stadium that WE funded out of LOYALTY and DEVOTION to an institution we BELIEVE in! If this wasn't true, then Wadad wouldn't have displayed the COURAGE necessary to fire the winningest coach in this schools history knowing it would be unpopular. That is a brand of courage you "boo'ers" and those defending them will NEVER have.

To everybody else...

STAND UP! Today! Tell your neighbor, your co-worker, your brother in law, ANYBODY who thinks it's "trendy" or "funny" to boo and be critical to open their checkbook or walk away. Because when we start winning again, YOU will be the FANS who matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfectly stated. I agree with all that you said. I have no idea why a couple of the other posters try to make it a pissing match when I asked a serious question.....were they booing the coaches or the player....because there is a huge difference in my opinion. Has nothing to do with Griz vs Cats. I'd be disgusted if the Griz fans did this, just as I'd be disgusted if Cats fans did it. The Griz Cat line gets drawn the second it involves treating players (who give their all by the way, so much more than 99% here will ever understand) like ******. I was at the game. It wasn't just a few people. Don't make it smaller than it was Cataholic.
Grizaddict, you always try to make it sound like an innnocent comment. In your exact words: "Please tell me the so-called great fans you guys are so high on were booing the coaches and not the player yesterday." The initial post is about how fortunate we are in the realm of FCS. Your diatribe is another thinly veiled attempt to start crap. Stupid posts like yours make your Griz fans look bad. Do us a favor, go troll elsewhere. At a minimum, don't try to come across as an "innocent question" when your agenda is always clear.

By the way, if 5% of the fans booed yesterday, that would be 900 people. That is about what I saw yesterday, maybe 10% but I did not see 1 in 10 people in my section booing. I will say that day when Edwards got hurt at WA Griz, easily half of the crowd cheered. Sad.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Heck, I've gone to Griz games in Missoula and had my car vandalized, food thrown at my mother, and insults and cursing spewed at us as well. Does that make all the Griz fans imbeciles?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:16 pm

Remember this from a Griz fan last year?

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — The University of Montana's athletic department has issued an apology to North Dakota State University football players, coaches and staff after a postgame incident Saturday involving a fan who confronted a Bison player on the field.

Fans rushed the field in Missoula, Montana, after the Grizzlies scored a last-second touchdown to upset the top-ranked Bison. NDSU says one of the fans confronted Bison running back Chase Morlock and grabbed his facemask. Morlock pushed the fan away.

NDSU issued a statement saying Morlock will not face any punishment.

Montana's statement apologized for what it called "this regrettable incident" and said the school's athletic department is continuing to investigate.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:Please tell me the so-called great fans you guys are so high on were booing the coaches and not the player yesterday. Coaches are adults and are paid (a lot) to win football games, so that heat is a little more fair. But if the fan base was actually booing Bruggeman, you guys should be disgusted. 20 year old kids who give their all don't deserve that. The coaches have put that kid in this position. It's not on him.
A BobcatNation poster said in a post a few weeks back--critically--that (paraphrased) "Bobcat fans always fancy themselves the adult in the room"...and that this somehow negated a winning culture.

I hated this post because it made light of one of the truly extraordinary differences between us and you (The Griz)...we have class. Always.

The booing yesterday was shameful. I have seen several posts today defending it...and I wish upon wish each and every one of them packs up and leaves. Don't renew your tickets. We're better off without you. EACH. AND. EVERY. ONE. OF. YOU.

And then I found faith, because the ratio of people blasting that action vs defending it was 5 to 1.

To all you Grizzly fans out there laughing at us this year, to all you turncoat Cat fans out there who defend booing our coaches or players, or cheerleaders, or mascot, please, be gone, and take your version of a "winning culture" with you.

You're cowards.

REAL fans stand up during those hard times and cheer, and THEN renew their season tickets without saying something ignorant like "well if I'm payin' for another year, we damn well better win!" Please go home. Your individual investment doesn't add up to that much.

The REAL investment, the one that MATTERS to Cruzado, Choate, Costello, Fish, et al, is the investment from the MAJORITY that understands our check doesn't entitle us to wins, but instead entitles us to a front row seat to watch a GREAT group of kids play a GREAT game in a GREAT stadium that WE funded out of LOYALTY and DEVOTION to an institution we BELIEVE in! If this wasn't true, then Wadad wouldn't have displayed the COURAGE necessary to fire the winningest coach in this schools history knowing it would be unpopular. That is a brand of courage you "boo'ers" and those defending them will NEVER have.

To everybody else...

STAND UP! Today! Tell your neighbor, your co-worker, your brother in law, ANYBODY who thinks it's "trendy" or "funny" to boo and be critical to open their checkbook or walk away. Because when we start winning again, YOU will be the FANS who matter.

Perfectly stated. I agree with all that you said. I have no idea why a couple of the other posters try to make it a pissing match when I asked a serious question.....were they booing the coaches or the player....because there is a huge difference in my opinion. Has nothing to do with Griz vs Cats. I'd be disgusted if the Griz fans did this, just as I'd be disgusted if Cats fans did it. The Griz Cat line gets drawn the second it involves treating players (who give their all by the way, so much more than 99% here will ever understand) like ******. I was at the game. It wasn't just a few people. Don't make it smaller than it was Cataholic.
Grizaddict, you always try to make it sound like an innnocent comment. In your exact words: "Please tell me the so-called great fans you guys are so high on were booing the coaches and not the player yesterday." The initial post is about how fortunate we are in the realm of FCS. Your diatribe is another thinly veiled attempt to start crap. Stupid posts like yours make your Griz fans look bad. Do us a favor, go troll elsewhere. At a minimum, don't try to come across as an "innocent question" when your agenda is always clear.

By the way, if 5% of the fans booed yesterday, that would be 900 people. That is about what I saw yesterday, maybe 10% but I did not see 1 in 10 people in my section booing. I will say that day when Edwards got hurt at WA Griz, easily half of the crowd cheered. Sad.
Let's just agree the we can't stand each other. I got PMs a long time ago not to waste my time with you. You are overly-sensitive and whiny with the regular posters here, let alone one with a "Griz" in his name. You and I could agree completely on something (like the fact it's wrong and disgusting to boo a kid on the field) but you still want to whine about it and get into a pissing match. I'm done with you man.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:20 pm

AFCAT wrote:Remember this from a Griz fan last year?

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — The University of Montana's athletic department has issued an apology to North Dakota State University football players, coaches and staff after a postgame incident Saturday involving a fan who confronted a Bison player on the field.

Fans rushed the field in Missoula, Montana, after the Grizzlies scored a last-second touchdown to upset the top-ranked Bison. NDSU says one of the fans confronted Bison running back Chase Morlock and grabbed his facemask. Morlock pushed the fan away.

Montana's statement apologized for what it called "this regrettable incident" and said the school's athletic department is continuing to investigate.
What's your point. Your own coach shoved an EWU player yesterday after the game. Is that cool with you?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
AFCAT wrote:Remember this from a Griz fan last year?

What's your point. Your own coach shoved an EWU player yesterday after the game. Is that cool with you?

My point is you have your share of idiot fans too.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:06 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:

You're cowards.

To everybody else...

Let's just agree the we can't stand each other. I got PMs a long time ago not to waste my time with you. You are overly-sensitive and whiny with the regular posters here, let alone one with a "Griz" in his name. You and I could agree completely on something (like the fact it's wrong and disgusting to boo a kid on the field) but you still want to whine about it and get into a pissing match. I'm done with you man.
You really do piss me off. I start a topic about how we are very fortunate as Cat fans. You come on a rival's website to try and rain on our parade. Yet somehow, in your jaded mind, I am the bad guy? You ARE the reason it is hard to root for the Griz.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:05 am

I am just gonna say this...can we get back to the love for MSU? Yes, the team isn't what many were thinking it could be this year. It doesn't mean we can't still be the best fans and support our guys win or lose the rest of this season. We have a bye and 3 more games and I tell you what I am excited for those 3 games. I will be watching on tv or at the UC DAVIS game screaming as loud as I can for these guys that give there all each and every week. Just think, as disappointed as some fans are, don't you think the players are even more so, that is why we need to be there to support them no matter what.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:14 am

bobcatfan4life wrote:I am just gonna say this...can we get back to the love for MSU? Yes, the team isn't what many were thinking it could be this year. It doesn't mean we can't still be the best fans and support our guys win or lose the rest of this season. We have a bye and 3 more games and I tell you what I am excited for those 3 games. I will be watching on tv or at the UC DAVIS game screaming as loud as I can for these guys that give there all each and every week. Just think, as disappointed as some fans are, don't you think the players are even more so, that is why we need to be there to support them no matter what.
Yes yes and hell yes!