Handshake

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Handshake

Post by AFCAT » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:31 pm

I don't believe anyone was "celebrating" on the Cat's logo. However, if they were celebrating on the logo, there is a simple way to keep them from doing that and it's WIN THE GAME.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

dencat91
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by dencat91 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:45 am

Well I started a new thread to try and cut to chase here. But a fat head moderator locked it. My question is coach being a sore loser?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:10 am

dencat91 wrote:Well I started a new thread to try and cut to chase here. But a fat head moderator locked it. My question is coach being a sore loser?
Really? I mean...REALLY? I've been very patient with you and your posting here over the last week or so but consider yourself officially on thin ice around here.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:05 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:Yes, I would have preferred seeing Rob Ash lifelessly strolling to the hand shake, politely avoiding the Eastern players stomping on our logo, then telling coach Baldwin, "great game", "you guys did a great job scoring 72 points on us" And then walking back to the locker room alone. I really miss those days. :roll:
Exactly....make up your minds, you want fire or malcolm milktoast!
It doesn't have to be either-or, you know. :roll:

So you're saying IF there were players jumping on the logo (which is NOT what this was) you'd like our coach to go out and kick their ass? That's the "fire" you're looking for?
Jesus Christ!!! We FINALLY get a coach who gives a damn and some of you get your panties in a twist because he shows emotion!!! It's called FOOTBALL and if you don't like emotion perhaps you should find a game like CRICKET to follow!!! I'll tell you one thing the players who are out their busting their ass LOVE IT after having a coach who didn't show any emotion unless they missed a class!!! Give it a break and quit finding some insignificant thing to WHINE ABOUT!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Oh YEAH!! Cricket fights are the best. Check out these brawls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3hWG4Lutk

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:46 pm

If Stitt had done the same thing... would your reaction be the same.

Just asking.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:If Stitt had done the same thing... would your reaction be the same.

Just asking.
Did you see what happened?

Just asking.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:36 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:If Stitt had done the same thing... would your reaction be the same.

Just asking.

Just asking.
No I guess I have more faith in cat posters then you do...

My guess is that if Stitt had done this the faithful on BN would have pitchforks and gasoline bombs wanting him to be fired and saying what a low-grade dick he is.... Oh well, seem like some cat fans pick and chose the "high ground" based on who says or does something. IE see Bobby Hauck and Bob Stitt.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Shaner
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Shaner » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:07 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Just asking.

Just asking.

My guess is that if Stitt had done this the faithful on BN would have pitchforks and gasoline bombs wanting him to be fired and saying what a low-grade dick he is.... Oh well, seem like some cat fans pick and chose the "high ground" based on who says or does something. IE see Bobby Hauck and Bob Stitt.
You may have noticed that any and all criticism of Choate is completely off limits on this board right now, whether justified or not. I guess getting worse every game has backed the diehards into a corner of defiance. I'm also guessing if you created a Venn Diagram of those who screamed for Ash and Co's heads (rightly or wrongly) with those screaming that everything Choate says and does is beyond reproach, you would have just one circle. I'm not sure what has happened on here, but anymore any thought that is outside the herd is yelled down with personal attacks. I'm blaming it on this election cycle....

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Just asking.

Just asking.

I didn't see what happened at the game, and it wasn't shown on the DVR either. Therefore I can't tell you what my reaction would be if it had been Stitt who did this thing I didn't see.

I would like to see it, though, just because I'm curious. Choate is certainly an emotional guy on the sidelines, so I could see it happening. But I highly, highly doubt it was anything mean spirited. And judging from Baldwin's post game comments in the Billings Gazette, he didn't sound like a guy who was upset about anything with Choate.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Just asking.

Just asking.

I don't know about any of that, but I do know that welchers are considered "low-grade dicks" by just about everyone. [emoji38]

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:39 pm

Shaner wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Just asking.

Just asking.

You may have noticed that any and all criticism of Choate is completely off limits on this board right now, whether justified or not. I guess getting worse every game has backed the diehards into a corner of defiance. I'm also guessing if you created a Venn Diagram of those who screamed for Ash and Co's heads (rightly or wrongly) with those screaming that everything Choate says and does is beyond reproach, you would have just one circle. I'm not sure what has happened on here, but anymore any thought that is outside the herd is yelled down with personal attacks. I'm blaming it on this election cycle....
Some of us are smart enough to know that Ash would have had similar results this season, probably worse as Marshall would have been involved with the defense still. Choate is not above criticism but he has to have time to turn the tide. Ash had us heading this direction the last several seasons. His inability as a coach has cost us from McGhee's senior year until now and we've been spiraling down ever since.

I didn't turn on Ash until his last two seasons. Some of us might be sensible enough to give Choate a fighting chance before we write him off. Oh and I have absolutely no problem with him being pissed after every loss.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:57 pm

We get a coach described as fiery, intense, full of energy, and then act surprised when he visibly shows a competitive edge? Some people just wanna bitch.

Shaner
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Shaner » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:15 pm

utucats wrote:
Shaner wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Just asking.

Just asking.

Some of us are smart enough to know that Ash would have had similar results this season, probably worse as Marshall would have been involved with the defense still. Choate is not above criticism but he has to have time to turn the tide. Ash had us heading this direction the last several seasons. His inability as a coach has cost us from McGhee's senior year until now and we've been spiraling down ever since.

I didn't turn on Ash until his last two seasons. Some of us might be sensible enough to give Choate a fighting chance before we write him off. Oh and I have absolutely no problem with him being pissed after every loss.
It's hard telling what the results would be with Ash (which would mean Cramsey and possible Dakota and definitely Hoy). The offense and defense would probably still be record breaking (for opposite reasons). I never "turned" on Ash because I understand how hard it is to coach a program to success at this level. I did think it was time for him to move on though after his refusal to make wholesale changes to the defensive coaching staff. BTW, saying Ash had an "inability to coach" when he is the winningest coach in program history while taking over the team in its darkest hour seams a tiny bit hyperbolic, don't you think?

For the life of me though, I cannot understand this malarkey about "turning the tide" or "changing the culture." This team has all of the talent needed to be competitive in the Big Sky, instead of by far the worst team in the conference. If we have one glaring weakness, it is at QB, and that is a direct result of Choate's off-season decision making, that is a valid criticism. If he acts like a child when his team loses and throws tantrums instead of acting like a leader, that is a valid criticism. If he pouts in his interviews about the press trying to divide the team instead of taking ownership of the team's division, that is a valid criticism. If the offensive staff he hand picked is doing an extraordinarily poor job at coaching, that is a valid criticism (as was Ash's handing of his defensive staff). I guess some of us are thick skinned and have our eyes clear enough to see the problems of the past, and the problems of the present, without mixing the two up.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:38 pm

Shaner wrote:
utucats wrote:
Shaner wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Just asking.

Just asking.

It's hard telling what the results would be with Ash (which would mean Cramsey and possible Dakota and definitely Hoy). The offense and defense would probably still be record breaking (for opposite reasons). I never "turned" on Ash because I understand how hard it is to coach a program to success at this level. I did think it was time for him to move on though after his refusal to make wholesale changes to the defensive coaching staff. BTW, saying Ash had an "inability to coach" when he is the winningest coach in program history while taking over the team in its darkest hour seams a tiny bit hyperbolic, don't you think?

For the life of me though, I cannot understand this malarkey about "turning the tide" or "changing the culture." This team has all of the talent needed to be competitive in the Big Sky, instead of by far the worst team in the conference. If we have one glaring weakness, it is at QB, and that is a direct result of Choate's off-season decision making, that is a valid criticism. If he acts like a child when his team loses and throws tantrums instead of acting like a leader, that is a valid criticism. If he pouts in his interviews about the press trying to divide the team instead of taking ownership of the team's division, that is a valid criticism. If the offensive staff he hand picked is doing an extraordinarily poor job at coaching, that is a valid criticism (as was Ash's handing of his defensive staff). I guess some of us are thick skinned and have our eyes clear enough to see the problems of the past, and the problems of the present, without mixing the two up.
You have a lot of "ifs" in there followed by statements that you would have us believe are of a clearly black and white nature.
Focus your clear eyes to take a closer look into the details of some of these situations you speak of and you'll realize the truth is far more gray in spite of how you present it with your own hyperbolic language.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Shaner
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Shaner » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Shaner wrote:
utucats wrote:
Shaner wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Just asking.

Just asking.

You have a lot of "ifs" in there followed by statements that you would have us believe are of a clearly black and white nature.
Focus your clear eyes to take a closer look into the details of some of these situations you speak of and you'll realize the truth is far more gray in spite of how you present it with your own hyperbolic language.
Huh?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Some opinions are just gut feelings. Some are made after reading and listening to every source possible.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Shaner
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Shaner » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:09 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Some opinions are just gut feelings. Some are made after reading and listening to every source possible.
This is certainly true, especially in something as complex as a football program. There are things that you know from primary and secondary source material, along with what you see with your eyeballs on the football field. And there are things that you just feel, that really don't have a solid definition, like "culture."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:35 pm

utucats wrote:
Shaner wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Just asking.

Just asking.

Uh, not a chance in hell we would be 2 and 6 under Ash right now. I'm 100 percent with Shaner on this one. Geezus, do you people really not remember how much Ash won?? As Shaner pointed out, winning consistently is extremely hard to do, that's why so few teams ever do it. Ash won... A lot. Ya, last year was a huge disappointment but it was his only losing season... But everyone started the "fire Ash" bandwagon. Personally I would have preferred to give him one more year to right the ship. Ash was a damn good coach, obviously. You don't win three league championships in a row, beat the Griz, win playoff games, and end up ranked the number one team in the nation (albeit short lived) if you're a and or even mediocre coach. Look, I am very hopeful that Choate can match or even exceed that success, and I think he deserves three or four years to prove himself, but let's face it.... He hasn't proven a thing yet. So you all got the rah rah, intense, passionate dude you wanted, let's hope he can figure out how to build a winning program.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:37 pm

Mediocre to good for the longest period of time = winningest coach.

The team he inherited had ample talent.

Now let's leave this topic behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro